You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 02/07/2022 at 06:19, redheart said:

Seen it all. Not top notch but enjoyable enough

I've just finished The Offer, binged over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. It isn't up there as the best TV ever, but I really enjoyed it and it was better than my expectations. I might watch the Godfather again on the back of that. 

8/10. 

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

Man Vs Bee.

Rowan Atkinson as a hapless house sitter in a posh hi-tech house having bother with a troublesome bee.

Irritating in places but laugh out loud funny in others.

Nine episodes that last about 10 minutes each on Netflix.

7/10.

I watched that last week in little gaps I had along the way. I thought it was a bit long, it was really getting on my tits at the end, but it was probably about ok till about 5 or 6. 

Finally finished The Staircase. 7.5/10 

Colin Firth is superb in it but very very creepy. Toni Collette great too but she usually is. Juliette Binoch still stunning even in her 50's with grey hair. It started better than it ended, the last 3 episodes took me a few goes to finish. As someone else pointed out, still no idea if the fucker did it or not and I actually think the Owl angle is far more convincing than I originally suspected it would be. My Mrs is convinced we watched the documentary but I can't really remember it so will revisit. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Colin Firth is superb in it but very very creepy. Toni Collette great too but she usually is. Juliette Binoch still stunning even in her 50's with grey hair. It started better than it ended, the last 3 episodes took me a few goes to finish. As someone else pointed out, still no idea if the fucker did it or not and I actually think the Owl angle is far more convincing than I originally suspected it would be. My Mrs is convinced we watched the documentary but I can't really remember it so will revisit. 

I thought he comes across a lot worse in the drama.

He was an utter cunt to his kids. 

On 03/07/2022 at 23:02, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished The Offer, binged over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. It isn't up there as the best TV ever, but I really enjoyed it and it was better than my expectations. I might watch the Godfather again on the back of that. 

8/10. 

I felt exactly the same, surprisingly good. The casting is excellent in it too.

• Upvote 1

On 03/07/2022 at 22:25, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Can't say I noticed, although I'm in the terrible habit of watching everything with subs these days

I have been watching everything with subtitles for about the last 20 years and my hearing is to notch. The dialogue in almost everything,along with background noise,make most things too quiet.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 13:10, Torvald Utne said:

Watched Get Shorty the other night and was looking up something when I noticed there was a TV show (very loosely) based on the movie that I'd somehow never heard of.

It's pretty good, stars Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano.  Got some great characters.  Solid 7/10

If you’ve never seen the movie Get Shorty I’d say get it on.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s a big fucking owl to be able to pick up a fire poke and bang some poor bint over the Barnet.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha. Have you seen it? 

Yes I'd be amazed if it had anything to do with an owl. Spoiler alert (a similar thing happened with another of his ex-wives). Either he has a tendency to play baseball with his wives' heads or that owl is a fucking serial killer.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yes I'd be amazed if it had anything to do with an owl. Spoiler alert (a similar thing happened with another of his ex-wives). Either he has a tendency to play baseball with his wives' heads or that owl is a fucking serial killer.

I know, I watched it. I was half joking but the owl story wasn't as far fetched when they went through it. 

On 02/07/2022 at 09:14, manwiththestick said:

The Terminal List.

On Amazon Prime. Chris Pratt leads a team of Seals on a mission in the middle East  that goes wrong and all but him get killed, when he gets home he starts to suspect a set up whilst his superiors push the angle that he's suffering PTSD.

Watched two episodes, good so far. 7/10.

Now watched six episodes and it's really good I think. Pratt playing it serious for a change and a few brutal bits in a good revenge thriller. 

Anyone else seen this yet?

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

I’m halfway through season nine. I’ve always had this on my list of things to watch but never got round to it. Now I’m kicking myself for waiting this long. 

10/10 - Straight into my top five favourite shows of all time. 

200.gif

The beauty of this masterpiece is when you've finished it you watch it again and still get the same laughs.

1 minute ago, TheBitch said:

I started Californication yesterday and its brilliant. I’m already into Season 2. 

Added bonus of now knowing who Hank Moody ( @Numero Veinticinco)  is and also his dad is Hector Salamanca. 

I have to admit, I was flattered when they told me they were going to write a TV show about my sexual escapades and David Duchovny was going to be playing me. Almost as proud as I was when Spain named an entire number after me. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I have to admit, I was flattered when they told me they were going to write a TV show about my sexual escapades and David Duchovny was going to be playing me. Almost as proud as I was when Spain named an entire number after me. 

It appears I’ve modelled my younger self on your good self. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I started Californication yesterday and its brilliant. I’m already into Season 2. 

Added bonus of now knowing who Hank Moody ( @Numero Veinticinco)  is and also his dad is Hector Salamanca. 

Californication is one show I've been meaning to watch again, I loved it when it first came out, Moody is a great character played perfectly by Duchovny.