You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yeah, with a real nasal accent. I enjoyed it, I did think it was going to be one of those made for TV US 90's daytime films but it was done well, and true.

Yep. Eric Bana is great in it. 

Just now, Arniepie said:

2 Episodes into sherwood.

Excellent so far

David Morrisey is a massively underrated actor 

I’ve done 4. It’s good but it’s got a bit nuts. 

The missus has covid so is bed ridden and isolating away from the myself and the kids for a bit. 

With my unusual freedom I watched the first two seasons of top boy on Netflix. 

Nothing ground breaking, but decent enough and rather gritty. 

Switched on the 3rd season last night. I lasted about 15 minutes before calling it a day. I had absolutely no i used what they where saying to each other, I genuinely couldn't understand a word. 

So first two seasons, a respectable 6/10 

Season 3. 0/10 fucked if im watching a show in English, with subtitles. You feel me fam!! 

• Upvote 1

On 29/06/2022 at 07:27, DalyanPete said:

Stranger Things. Series 3. For me like most things on Netflix. Stop flogging a dead horse. Should have ended after series 2. Do I really want a show about kids saving the world?

Also, while all this shit is going on where's the American save theworld army/FBI/homeland/marines etc? No, leave it to the kids with walkie talkies.

Agreed that season 3 felt like a pointless slog but season 4 is superb in my opinion.  

• Upvote 2

On 28/06/2022 at 22:09, Arniepie said:

Westworld series 4 episode 1

Seems to have been a bit of a reset 

Still looks amazing and Delores is boss in it.

It's a ridiculous show which barely makes any sense and I can't believe they made another series after basically ending. 

Saying all that, I love it and am looking forward to regular doses of Evan Rachel Wood. 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's a ridiculous show which barely makes any sense and I can't believe they made another series after basically ending. 

Saying all that, I love it and am looking forward to regular doses of Evan Rachel Wood. 

Season 3 was absolutely bafflingly awful. But I couldn't resist watching the first episode of season 4 yesterday and I actually liked it. Hopefully the series will get back on track this season. 

53 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Season 3 was absolutely bafflingly awful. But I couldn't resist watching the first episode of season 4 yesterday and I actually liked it. Hopefully the series will get back on track this season. 

I thought the 3rd season was decent to be honest and a big improvement on the 2nd,which was ridiculously complicated.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've watched the 1st 3 episodes of The Offer - the dramatisation of the making of The Godfather. I don't really know what I expected of it. But so far I'm really enjoying it, 7.5/10

Seen it all. Not top notch but enjoyable enough

• Upvote 1

The Terminal List.

On Amazon Prime. Chris Pratt leads a team of Seals on a mission in the middle East  that goes wrong and all but him get killed, when he gets home he starts to suspect a set up whilst his superiors push the angle that he's suffering PTSD.

Watched two episodes, good so far. 7/10.

The Night Manager, 9/10. Finally got round to watching it. Hugh Laurie as an international arms dealer and Tom Hiddleston trying to take him down with a brilliant performance from Olivia Coleman as his MI6 handler. Smart, tense, just top drawer. 

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Halo - 7.5/10

I really like this. I've played all yhe games and am a sucker for Sci fi. I played more multiplayer than campaign in the later games so any variation from halo Canon doesn't bother me.

We watched the first episode of it. What did you make of the sound quality? We thought the dialogue was too quiet and got drowned out.

6 hours ago, Torvald Utne said:

Watched Get Shorty the other night and was looking up something when I noticed there was a TV show (very loosely) based on the movie that I'd somehow never heard of.

It's pretty good, stars Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano.  Got some great characters.  Solid 7/10

I really enjoyed get shorty - the only real shame of it really is it ended up one of the victims of covid I believe and they couldn't get them together to make the next season (4th?) and by the time they could get it going they'd all moved on to other projects. I don't think it's ever been officially cancelled, just it hasn't been made for 3 years.