You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

22 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Been watching the Orville. Expected Red Dwarf style parody but I'm actually getting good quality sci-fi around comedy moments. 

I hate it so much. It's just fucking dire. The only reason I watch it is because some of my mates have been watching it and I don't want to miss the opportunity to slag it off in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I hate it so much. It's just fucking dire. The only reason I watch it is because some of my mates have been watching it and I don't want to miss the opportunity to slag it off in front of them. 

Agree to disagree. We're 4 episodes in and have been enjoying it immensely. It knocks spocks off the last series of Discovery, which is admittedly a low bar. 

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Agree to disagree. We're 4 episodes in and have been enjoying it immensely. It knocks spocks off the last series of Discovery, which is admittedly a low bar. 

I've watched shit drying on a wall which knocks spots off of the last season of Discovery, mate. I just genuinely hate it and the more I watched it the more the bad writing, the cheap sets, etc come to the forefront. Some do enjoy it a lot though, no doubt about that. I hope you have a good time with it. Now it has moved to Hulu and is in its final season, they've tried to go all serious and, for me, it just doesn't work at all.

13 hours ago, clockspeed said:

We own this city very solid 8/10 brilliant performance from actor playing Wayne. 

I watched it as well. It was decent but didn’t really grab me, as a result I wasn’t giving it my full attention and struggled with all the flash backs a bit.

I acquired Tokyo Vice the other day. A Michael Mann / HBO show based on a true story of a US national who becomes a crime reporter in Tokyo.

I really enjoyed the first episode, unfortunately, subsequent episodes don’t have the subtitles so I need to acquire from elsewhere. 

On 10/06/2022 at 07:33, Mudface said:

Give it another try, it's a fantastic black, satirical comedy and Gary Oldman is superb in his role.

I have gone back to Slow Horses and it is much better than my first thoughts. A solid 7/10 but nothing special. Dont see much humour apart from Gary Oldham's flatulance though. The Four Lions plot tribute is a bit meh for me and the acting,Oldman aside,is far from great either.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I acquired Tokyo Vice the other day. A Michael Mann / HBO show based on a true story of a US national who becomes a crime reporter in Tokyo.

I really enjoyed the first episode, unfortunately, subsequent episodes don’t have the subtitles so I need to acquire from elsewhere. 

I actually pay for HBO Max and it doesn't have hard coded subs for the Japanese bits. I can stick English subs on for everything but that's just annoying. Will have to try Kodi. 

Watched the documentary about the Falklands war on BBC2. Mainly interviews with ex paratroopers. Some of them were still deeply fucked up by their experiences, 40 years on. One who had narrowly survived the fire on the Sir Galahad kept a noose permanently hanging in his garage so he could easily kill himself if the PTSD got too much. For 40 years !

What was equally shocking was how casually they talked about killing the teenage Argentinian conscripts sometimes even as they tried to hide in their sleeping bags.

Harrowing watch.