You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Missions (series 1) BBC iPlayer.

French sci fi about a trip to Mars. Ten episodes, all about 20/25 minutes each.

If you like space travel and exploration, you should like this. Got a bit too wacky the last two episodes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Some euro eye candy. Funky euro soundtrack. Subtitles. 

7/10. 

Helene-Vivies_actress_Jeanne-Renoir_Missions_OCS_series-poster.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I put this in the TV section but thought anyone who pops in here might like it...

Missions (series 1) BBC iPlayer.

French sci fi about a trip to Mars. Ten episodes, all about 20/25 minutes each.

If you like space travel and exploration, you should like this. Got a bit too wacky the last two episodes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Some euro eye candy. Funky euro soundtrack. Subtitles. 

7/10. 

Helene-Vivies_actress_Jeanne-Renoir_Missions_OCS_series-poster.jpg

Not really a sci-fi fan but this sounds interesting.

Just put the first episode on, good start.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not really a sci-fi fan but this sounds interesting.

Just put the first episode on, good start.

No doubt they all shag each other,walk around constantly smoking cigarettes while quoting Sartre before ultimately dying in an explosion after being asked to fix a simple fault on their space craft.

Oh fuck,I forgot the spoiler tags.

Night Sky. Seen a trailer for this a few weeksxago and it landed on Amazon last night. Watched four episodes back to back last night and it's decent if a little bit of a slow burn.

JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek play an old married couple who have a strange secret tunnel in their shed, I can't say too much more without spoilers but I'm interested to see where this goes.

7.5/10.

• Upvote 1

The Terror: Infamy

Very different to the first season in setting, but covers some similar themes. It's always good to see genre material that's got a message behind it. Allegorical horror, a bit like It Follows, is far more interesting than straightforward slasher / ghost fodder.

• Upvote 1

I mentioned it a few pages back but I maintain that Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty is well worth a watch. 

Good fun, well acted, and hugely entertaining. I don’t think it claims to be a completely accurate retelling of events but the framework of the truth is there. 

Already been renewed for a second season so I’m not the only one that likes it. 

Needs more love on here though. 

8/10.

• Upvote 2

On 30/04/2022 at 23:18, skend04 said:

Russian Doll S2 - disappointing to say the least. Too clever for its own good and it lost all of the fun of the first season.

I'm about half way through this, but really struggling. The reviews for it were cracking too - or at least the 2 that popped up on my Google news thing. And the bird in the lead role is really getting on my tits and I just think she looks like she needs to take a break and get a fucking good clean. 

On 07/05/2022 at 22:27, Anubis said:

Slow Horses - 7/10. Wouldn’t have looked at it except for Oldman, but it’s an easy and entertaining watch.

I thought it was cracking and looking forward to the next season, which is apparently already filmed. Oldman was great. 

On 11/05/2022 at 09:42, JagSquared said:

First 2 episodes of Barry season 3 are excellent. Such an underrated show NoHo Hank is excellent as is Henry winkler 

Another cracking show. It'll be sad when it's gone. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I mentioned it a few pages back but I maintain that Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty is well worth a watch. 

Good fun, well acted, and hugely entertaining. I don’t think it claims to be a completely accurate retelling of events but the framework of the truth is there. 

Already been renewed for a second season so I’m not the only one that likes it. 

Needs more love on here though. 

8/10.

Fancy that, will watch it at some point.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Oh right now I get you. I do think it’ll have run it’s course by then though.

I think I read they got the 2 season sign up as they presented hbo with a 2 season arc to close it out. And their only worry was once they got it and started writing it was feeling more than 2 seasons. But I've seen nothing else to suggest it's not closed at the end of season 4.