You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 12/05/2022 at 05:24, VladimirIlyich said:

We Own This City is 3 episodes in and pretty good. It could do without the jumping backwards and forwards with timelines though.

Looking forward to that. The cast looks superb.

Tokyo Vice - 8.5/10

Ended very strongly and moving forward I'd prefer for them to stick to the Yakuza characters/detectives more than the newspaper angle, though there is still some room for that as well.

15 hours ago, redheart said:

The Offer....a limited series about the making of the Godfather. So far I have watched the first 5 episodes. It stretches things out a bit too far but so do most programmes now. Also a bit too reverential about the movie itself.

On the whole good fun 7/10

Really enjoying this, some great casting too.

14 hours ago, Elite said:

Tokyo Vice - 8.5/10

Ended very strongly and moving forward I'd prefer for them to stick to the Yakuza characters/detectives more than the newspaper angle, though there is still some room for that as well.

It ended,well,it didn't end at all to be honest. It wasn't a disappointing ending at all,it was just like the ending of a normal episode. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It ended,well,it didn't end at all to be honest. It wasn't a disappointing ending at all,it was just like the ending of a normal episode. 

I think it set season 2 up nicely but yeah it wasn't a clinical ending to a season, more of a bridge to the next season and left me wanting more.

Just watched the first two episodes of The Marvellous Missus Maisel, absolutely fantastic. The lead actress is brilliant (with great breasts, which was unexpected when she got them out!) and the supporting cast are all excellent as well, particularly her dad who is hilarious.

9.5/10 based on those episodes, wonderful.

• Upvote 4

@Eliteand and @Paul, many millions of thanks for

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel (Amazon Prime) 9.5/10

so far. We absolutely adore it. 

This evening we watched S1 E4&5. E4 started to a background of Streisand belting out her rendition of "Happy Days Are Here Again". Utterly beautiful and captivating. The episode that ensued was no disappointment. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Just watched the first two episodes of The Marvellous Missus Maisel, absolutely fantastic. The lead actress is brilliant (with great breasts, which was unexpected when she got them out!) and the supporting cast are all excellent as well, particularly her dad who is hilarious.

9.5/10 based on those episodes, wonderful.

Tensions law surely 

9 hours ago, NoelM said:

We're enjoying The Lincoln Lawyer - a good interpretation of the excellent Michael Connelly book "The Gods Of Guilt"

I started watching that but after five minutes I just couldn't take how bad the acting was. I've read the book and saw the Matthew McConaughey version and both were very good. This looks much less so.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Tensions law surely 

Sorry, I've missed this. What is this "Tensions law" (sic) to which you refer? 

Whatever it is, a thunderneg for the absence of an apostrophe. And I'm very close to handing out a second for the absence of title case capitals. And you only swerved a third for missing the question mark, on the basis it might have been rhetorical. I'm getting soft now I'm reaching my mid-twenties. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

NSFW

rachel_brosnahan_nude_compilation.jpg

Holy smoke 

12 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Sorry, I've missed this. What is this "Tensions law" (sic) to which you refer? 

Whatever it is, a thunderneg for the absence of an apostrophe. And I'm very close to handing out a second for the absence of title case capitals. And you only swerved a third for missing the question mark, on the basis it might have been rhetorical. I'm getting soft now I'm reaching my mid-twenties. 

Yawn 

8 minutes ago, rb14 said:

When you wake up, can you help me with Tensions' Law?

Tentions Law is when someone posts a picture without saying who it is, Evelyn gives them a good old fashioned negging.

• Upvote 1

Enjoying Under The Banner of Heaven, a mini series based on the true story of two grisly murders linked to LDS fundamentalism. Andrew Garfield is excellent as the conflicted lead detective, as is the guy who plays his partner. Worth a watch if you were a True Detective fan.

• Upvote 2