You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 23/04/2022 at 09:54, Elite said:

I'm midway through the latest season, it's still very good and a joy to watch. It's flawed no doubt. Like Franklin flying planes and shit.

I wont give the game away but the ending is a bit disappointing for me as it obviously hints at a certain scenario for the next series. I'm not sure about Franklin flying planes being unrealistic as loads of people have pilot's licences in the USA. The alleged speed at which he's become a proficient solo pilot probably is though.

I can't recommend Alone enough, it's brilliant. Reality-survival show, it's legit as well. Fascinating seeing how people survive, their ingenuity and how they deal with all the bad conditions, lack of food, bears, etc.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I can't recommend Alone enough, it's brilliant. Reality-survival show, it's legit as well. Fascinating seeing how people survive, their ingenuity and how they deal with all the bad conditions, lack of food, bears, etc.

8 seasons of that and I'm now just hearing about it. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll get on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Top boy summer house 

Rewatched as the box is on the blink.

Well more than just a gritty drama and explores so many themes..poverty,making a living any way you can,particularly how kids get sucked into that life style and the cycle begins again 

There is a constant fear of dread and I'd genuinely forgotten how great it was.

9/10

14 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Top boy summer house 

Rewatched as the box is on the blink.

Well more than just a gritty drama and explores so many themes..poverty,making a living any way you can,particularly how kids get sucked into that life style and the cycle begins again 

There is a constant fear of dread and I'd genuinely forgotten how great it was.

9/10

I finished that yesterday and I’m already seven episodes into the newer one. 

My bird keeps saying “please stop talking like that”

Mandem can’t do those tings, fam. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I finished that yesterday and I’m already seven episodes into the newer one. 

My bird keeps saying “please stop talking like that”

Mandem can’t do those tings, fam. 

Ha ha..is it?

Life After Life. Period drama on the BBC, based on the book of the same name by Kate Atkinson.

Central character is Ursula who dies many times, but is reborn. Realises she is able to change the course of events as a result. 

You know what, I’ve really enjoyed this. I was disappointed to realise there are only four episodes.

I was quite taken by Thomasin McKenzie (also in the marvellous JoJo Rabbit) who played Ursula as well.

8/10.

280B2802-5DEA-4346-877D-DDF87F07F38D.jpeg

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Life After Life. Period drama on the BBC, based on the book of the same name by Kate Atkinson.

Central character is Ursula who dies many times, but is reborn. Realises she is able to change the course of events as a result. 

You know what, I’ve really enjoyed this. I was disappointed to realise there are only four episodes.

I was quite taken by Thomasin McKenzie (also in the marvellous JoJo Rabbit) who played Ursula as well.

8/10.

I was at a loose end this afternoon, so binge-watched this- so thanks for the recommendation. Very enjoyable and really well acted and shot, but harrowingly grim at times. The ending was a bit disappointing as it didn't really seem to resolve anything, I suppose the point was you just have to accept your fate at times. A solid 7.5/10.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I was at a loose end this afternoon, so binge-watched this- so thanks for the recommendation. Very enjoyable and really well acted and shot, but harrowingly grim at times. The ending was a bit disappointing as it didn't really seem to resolve anything, I suppose the point was you just have to accept your fate at times. A solid 7.5/10.

Glad you enjoyed it. Like you, I watched the first one just to kill some time. It’s great when something ends up being a lot better than the expectations you had of it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

8/10.

Was playing a game with headphones on and looked across at the wife whose mascara was all over her face and was disappearing slowly behind a mound of tissues. I am assuming this is not a comedy ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was playing a game with headphones on and looked across at the wife whose mascara was all over her face and was disappearing slowly behind a mound of tissues. I am assuming this is not a comedy ?

It’s definitely not but there are one or two lighter moments. A very well written drama.

• Upvote 1

Air Crash Investigation. Not sure what series exactly but they called it series 21 but they seem to be a bit mixed up.

Of course it's fascinating and educational but those Canadian reconstructions of the investigators(actors of course) in an office listening to flight recordings and scribbling stuff down is a bit of a farce. There was one of a New Zealand crash and one of the Canadian actors playing an air crash investigator was trying to do a Kiwi accent and it sounded like a South African,it was awful. When they do a BBC one they get proper scientists in to explain all the stuff and use library pictures rather some Canadian field that is supposed to be an Ethiopian desert yet they are all freezing and wearing gloves and scarves. Just give us the technical stuff in simple terms FFS. You've already put 5 million people off flying so do it properly.