You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Peaky blinders 

I wouldn't know where to start.

The final season overall was awful..but the final episode had its moments(stephen Graham has become a fantastic actor) but still all a bit..meh.

What was the point of the entire moseley story?

6/10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Peaky blinders 

The final season overall was awful..but the final episode had its moments(stephen Graham has become a fantastic actor) but still all a bit..meh.

6/10

Or indeed the Stephen Graham arc?

Halfway through Manhunt: Deadly Games season 2. It's about the Richard Jewell case but its more about the search for the real bomber. Don't be put off if you've watched Richard Jewell (Which is a top movie by the way) as it's very good in its own right and not a rehashed TV format, which I was concerned about going in.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Halfway through Manhunt: Deadly Games season 2. It's about the Richard Jewell case but its more about the search for the real bomber. Don't be put off if you've watched Richard Jewell (Which is a top movie by the way) as it's very good in its own right and not a rehashed TV format, which I was concerned about going in.

Paul Walter Hauser in that is absolutely superb. 

On 03/04/2022 at 22:34, Carvalho Diablo said:

Peaky Blinders

The final ever episode, against all the odds, was really good.

Thought the first 3 seasons of PB were fantastic but the last few seasons have been piss poor, with this final season being especially shite.

Still plenty of loose ends left untied but some excellent set pieces and some dark schmaltz mostly hit the mark.

8/10 OG IPTV

Even the last episode they fucked up with all that shite at the end after a good 55-60mins. I don't understand what that whole illness story line brought to the story. He wanted to do his deal for the family on episode 1. He was still saying the same thing in episode 6. Everything in between was shite. 

23 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Peaky blinders 

6/10

I can't think of a thread of story aside from the 60 mins in the last episode that had any point. And the fucking Arthur stuff, shocking. Some real self indulgent shite from the writers. For me the last episode gets a 7/10. The rest of the season 0/10. 

• Upvote 1

The entire series was based around Michael getting revenge for polly yet maybe it should have focused on the people who actually killed her?

And why would the ira team up with nazis who,as I recall were no great friends of Catholicism. 

I know it's not meant to be a documentary but.it was completely non sensical. 

50 minutes ago, A_S said:

I gave The Wire and Yellowstone a watch for their first seasons. Got no further than that. 

The Wire has always been overrated, in my view. Yellowstone I've only watched the first episode of, and it looks like it could be decent but I've not had the time or inclination to binge a show for a while. Breaking Bad is really good, I love it. I'm looking forward to some more Better Call Saul coming soon. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, A_S said:

I gave The Wire and Yellowstone a watch for their first seasons. Got no further than that. 

Numero is talking absolute bollocks. Every season of The Wire is totally different, and it’s incredible TV. Right up there with Breaking Bad, though it’s a completely different type of show. 

I can’t comment on Yellowstone. It’s on my list.

I think I’m gonna watch The Wire again first though. It’ll be the fourth or fifth time I’ve watched it.   

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The entire Mosely storyline was utterly pointless imo. Implausible, went nowhere, added nothing whatsoever.

Oh, and Stephen Graham...why?

He stole the few scenes he was in but he seemed to be shoehorned into it.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Numero is talking absolute bollocks. Every season of The Wire is totally different, and it’s incredible TV. Right up there with Breaking Bad, though it’s a completely different type of show. 

I think I’m gonna watch The Wire again first though. It’ll be the fourth or fifth time I’ve watched it.   

I didn't say it was bad, I said it's overrated. Lots of people rate it as the best TV show, I think it's probably in my top 20.

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I've never felt the need to go back to the wire. All seasons were different, but I didn't think it was real top quality TV. For me it's miles behind sopranos, breaking bad, the Americans & boardwalk empire. It's not much better than person of interest for me. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Arniepie said:

The entire series was based around Michael getting revenge for polly yet maybe it should have focused on the people who actually killed her?

And why would the ira team up with nazis who,as I recall were no great friends of Catholicism. 

I know it's not meant to be a documentary but.it was completely non sensical. 

According to Steven Knight, season 6 was the story of redemption for Tommy. 

Done two complete watches of the Wire. First time I thought it was great but it left me a little cold sometimes. Second time I found it just the best type of long-form televisual storytelling. It's like a novel and the ability to criss-cross characters, stories and narrative focus is sublime. No show has been able to do what it did by layering it so much across the different parts of the city.

I prefer the Sopranos, it's funnier, more accessible and you can drop into standalone episodes and enjoy it. The Wire doesn't work watching an episode as a standalone for the most part. But they are both the pinnacle and forerunners of any TV show of the last near 20 years. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The Wire has always been overrated, in my view. Yellowstone I've only watched the first episode of, and it looks like it could be decent but I've not had the time or inclination to binge a show for a while. Breaking Bad is really good, I love it. I'm looking forward to some more Better Call Saul coming soon. 

I agree with you regarding The Wire's last two seasons. Still superb but a big drop off from the first three series.