You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Peaky Blinders

First 3 seasons were brilliant, last 3 seasons shite, wankers wearing tweed jackets and flat caps, pass me the fucking Gatling gun.

They should have stuck with the gritty gang stuff, not fucking politics and shit.

On 21/03/2022 at 13:38, VladimirIlyich said:

Tehran 7/10 so far. Two episodes left.

Not bad,but a touch too much of a Homeland vibe where a female agent pursues her own dilemma while death and mayhem ensues all around. A bit of a box ticker for female lead roles but worth a watch.

I'd say this is maybe a 7.5/10 after finishing the series. If you are a fan of Blackadder you'd have seen an untentionally very 'Bob' scene or two in it in the last episode, but it wasnt too bad overall. There will no doubt be a sequel planned.

I went against CD’s advice and finished Archive 81. It was indeed poor and probably a 3/10 at best, for the occasional creepy bits.

The Silent Sea - 6.5/10. Netflix Korean offering. Somebody watched Aliens and a certain Tennant era Dr Who special, and decided to pilfer elements of both. Some intriguing ideas, but the occasional glaring lapse in logic, and the what the fuck just happened there ending, pulled it down. Could also have been two episodes less and tightened up a bit.

Top boy

One of the most underrated shows around (what the fuck were channel 4 thinking?)

Latest series is wider in scope with echoes of gomorrah in the way it is shot.

I knew something was coming at the end but didn't see that.

Sully and kit are great characters 

9/10

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Top boy

One of the most underrated shows around (what the fuck were channel 4 thinking?)

Latest series is wider in scope with echoes of gomorrah in the way it is shot.

I knew something was coming at the end but didn't see that.

Sully and kit are great characters 

9/10

Sully is ace but Jacky owns the series for me 

1 minute ago, redheart said:

We all see what we want to see

You can't have watched much of the show then. For every pair of boobs, there were at least 5 dicks. What were you looking for?

I've sat in front of TV for 2 months and I've barely watched a thing, I had all kinds of shit lined up, but I've really struggled to watch anything with new characters - I've restarted Suspicion about 10 times as an example.  

So what I have watched. 

Tehran S1 - spy thriller based in Iran and around a mossad agent. Lots of subtitles, but a really enjoyable show. I thought maybe it was going on a bit long, but in the end I thought it finished strongly. 7.5/10. 

Spaceforce S2. Daft but decent cast. 7/10. 

The woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window S1. I really wanted to like this one. I liked the idea. And who doesn't like Kristen Bell, but in the end I found it underwhelming. 6/10

Billions S6 - I've genuinely no idea what this show is about any more. It was tailing off before Damian Lewis left, but this latest season is nonsense. They've even made Wags into a tit. I won't be watching season 7 unless there's a dramatic turnaround. 4/10

Upload S2 - pretty decent light viewing. It certainly has a "good place" vibe both in setting and humour. 7/10

Peak Blinders S6 - making billions S6 look like the sopranos. Self indulgent shite. 1/10. 

Super Pumped: the battle for Uber. Been quite enjoyable up to now and if you want a show with bellend business people instead of billions, this could be it. 7/10 so far

WeCrashed - in the same theme as the Uber show, but about wework. I've found watching this a bit confusing as I keep having to stop and remember what story lines are in this and which ones are in super pumped. I am thinking I am going to stop watching it till I finish super pumped as there's probably a good show in there. ?/10

Resident Alien S2 - only watched a few so far. Light and daft. If you like season 1 you will enjoy this ⁸/10

Yellowjackets S1 - a show about a teen girls football team who's plane crashes and they have to fend for themselves - and you're aware "something" happens while they're stranded. It flicks back and forth between when this something happened and today, which seems to be about 20 years on. I was completely off my box on opioids when I first finished it. So much so I had no idea how it finished and had to go back and watch the last 2 episodes again. But I felt it could and should have been more than it was. 7/10, but should have been 8 or more and I think they were too determined to ensure there's a season 2. 

Entourage - rewatched the lot. Still brilliant 9/10

There's probably some other stuff other than Frasier at 9 each day on C4 and A Place in the Sun, but I'll post as I remember them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've sat in front of TV for 2 months and I've barely watched a thing, I had all kinds of shit lined up, but I've really struggled to watch anything with new characters - I've restarted Suspicion about 10 times as an example.  

So what I have watched. 

Tehran S1 - spy thriller based in Iran and around a mossad agent. Lots of subtitles, but a really enjoyable show. I thought maybe it was going on a bit long, but in the end I thought it finished strongly. 7.5/10. 

The woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window S1. I really wanted to like this one. I liked the idea. And who doesn't like Kristen Bell, but in the end I found it underwhelming. 6/10

Billions S6 - I've genuinely no idea what this show is about any more. It was tailing off before Damian Lewis left, but this latest season is nonsense. They've even made Wags into a tit. I won't be watching season 7 unless there's a dramatic turnaround. 4/10

Upload S2 - pretty decent light viewing. It certainly has a "good place" vibe both in setting and humour. 7/10

Peak Blinders S6 - making billions S6 look like the sopranos. Self indulgent shite. 1/10. 

Super Pumped: the battle for Uber. Been quite enjoyable up to now and if you want a show with bellend business people instead of billions, this could be it. 7/10 so far

WeCrashed - in the same theme as the Uber show, but about wework. I've found watching this a bit confusing as I keep having to stop and remember what story lines are in this and which ones are in super pumped. I am thinking I am going to stop watching it till I finish super pumped as there's probably a good show in there. ?/10

Resident Alien S2 - only watched a few so far. Light and daft. If you like season 1 you will enjoy this ⁸/10

Yellowjackets S1 - a show about a teen girls football team who's plane crashes and they have to fend for themselves - and you're aware "something" happens while they're stranded. It flicks back and forth between when this something happened and today, which seems to be about 20 years on. I was completely off my box on opioids when I first finished it. So much so I had no idea how it finished and had to go back and watch the last 2 episodes again. But I felt it could and should have been more than it was. 7/10, but should have been 8 or more and I think they were too determined to ensure there's a season 2. 

There's probably some other stuff other than Frasier at 9 each day on C4 and A Place in the Sun, but I'll post as I remember them. 

I agree re:Billions. I stopped watching it just after it restarted after the covid break and had had enough by then.

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So what I have watched. 

If you’ve got sky mate get onto Succession if you haven’t already. And if you have, watch it again. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I've watched it. I thought season 1&2 were brilliant. I was less fussed about season 3. For me, season 4 needs to wrap it all up before it becomes billions. 

Severance is well worth watching, it's new.

• Upvote 1

Watched all of Power in the last month or so and got all the spin-offs to watch now. That’s worth a go if you haven’t seen it, not top tier but enjoyable enough. 

Other decent ones I’ve watched recently:

New season of Yellowstone and it’s 1883 spin-off. Both excellent 

Yellowjackets - Horror/drama 

Station Eleven - Dystopian show

Our flag means death - Pirate comedy, great cast in this

Latest season of Dave

American Rust - crime show with Jeff Daniels

From - New horror programme, very good this really enjoying it

Latest season of Evil

Mayor of Kingstown - New one by Taylor Sheridan who created Yellowstone. About the American prison complex industry 

BMF - Gangster one about the real life

Black Mafia Family by the people who made Power

Chapelwaite - Based on the Stephen King short story Jerusalem’s Lot

Dopesick - Michael Keaton show about the opioid crisis in America. Really good

DMZ - HBO miniseries based on the comics where a civil war has split America in two and a woman in the demilitarised zone is trying to find her kid

Reacher on Amazon Prime - Much better than the Tom Cruise films, good fun 

Last season of Gomorrah 

The Ipcress file remake on the BBC

The last days of Ptolemy Grey with Samuel L. Jackson 

Brassic - Sky comedy with Joe Gligun. Much better than I thought this would be, some absolutely hilarious moments. Grumio from Plebs is in it as well and Michelle Keegan

Pennyworth season two - really good this, glad it’s been renewed for another season 

That Dirty Black Bag - Western with Dominic Cooper

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So what I have watched. 

Check out gomorrah

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's it about? I've got it on my list to watch, but it's not getting closer to the top! 

They have a procedure done that means their work and personal lives do not interact at all, so depending on whether they are in work or out of work they know fuck all about the other (Literally not a thing as they don't remember anything) It's a dystopian, sci-fi thriller.  Loving it so far.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

They have a procedure done that means their work and personal lives do not interact at all, so depending on whether they are in work or out of work they know fuck all about the other (Literally not a thing as they don't remember anything) It's a dystopian, sci-fi thriller.  Loving it so far.

Sounds like how I like to setup my life anyway! Haha. 

17 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Is Queen of The South any good?

I started it years ago. It's one of those lurch from one disaster to another type jobs. Just as everything is sorted, they're all going to die again. They change enemies like underwear. But despite all that, it's kind of ok. I got bored about season 3 and have never gone back to it. 

• Upvote 1