You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm three in on The Responder and i'm really enjoying it. Freeman is an excellent actor when he isn't mugging to the camera and i think his accent is decent, in all honesty. Myanna Buring's and Warren Brown's aren't too bad either. Seems to have been filmed in town (Union Court and the old State building have appeared a few times) and South Liverpool (i've seen Gateacre and Caldies so far) more than other places named on this thread, but that could just be because i actually recognise those parts. I think Hoylake has been used for Freeman's family house too. 

I tend to judge how good something is by the amount of times i pick my phone up during it's course, which after three hours worth is zero so far.  A good sign.     

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

I'm three in on The Responder and i'm really enjoying it. Freeman is an excellent actor when he isn't mugging to the camera and i think his accent is decent, in all honesty. Myanna Buring's and Warren Brown's aren't too bad either. Seems to have been filmed in town (Union Court and the old State building have appeared a few times) and South Liverpool (i've seen Gateacre and Caldies so far) more than other places named on this thread, but that could just be because i actually recognise those parts. I think Hoylake has been used for Freeman's family house too. 

I tend to judge how good something is by the amount of times i pick my phone up during it's course, which after three hours worth is zero so far.  A good sign.     

I didn't recognise Myanna Buring until I checked IMBD, her face was familiar but maybe the dark hair threw me. 

Great Swedish cheekbones.

On 27/01/2022 at 04:34, DalyanPete said:

Anne. 10/10.

Finally built myself to watch this and as expected shed a load of tears.

The biggest tear jerking memory for me was the 20th anniversary "Justice" singing. Proud to have been a part of that.

Don't think there was anything new that I didn't know,  just one Mothers love.

You only get one, cherish them with all the love you have(even if at times it's tough)

Anne's story had to be told. 

I finally watched it in its entirety this evening, it's incredible, heartbreaking, so emotional. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight. Bravo Kevin Sampson and the cast, it's perfect. 10/10.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoelM said:

I finally watched it in its entirety this evening, it's incredible, heartbreaking, so emotional. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight. Bravo Kevin Sampson and the cast, it's perfect. 10/10.

I though the portrayal of professor scratton(sp?)was a bit odd tbh.

He was painted as almost an outsider yet he had penned that book several years earlier which exposed what happened.

A minor quibble as it was excellent 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I though the portrayal of professor scratton(sp?)was a bit odd tbh.

He was painted as almost an outsider yet he had penned that book several years earlier which exposed what happened.

A minor quibble as it was excellent 

What a hero Phil Scraton is.

• Upvote 6

Billions didn't quite live up to last week's season opener.

Still plenty of twists and turns and plotting and scheming, but whilst the Prince twist remains fresh, this week's episode slipped back into the annoying habit of being ever so clever by quoting a load of obscure pop culture bollocks.

7/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

54 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Billions didn't quite live up to last week's season opener.

Still plenty of twists and turns and plotting and scheming, but whilst the Prince twist remains fresh, this week's episode slipped back into the annoying habit of being ever so clever by quoting a load of obscure pop culture bollocks.

7/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

I used to love Billions but was utterly bored of it during the current season, so have jibbed it off.

22 hours ago, Elite said:

I used to love Billions but was utterly bored of it during the current season, so have jibbed it off.

Same here, I was contemplating giving S6 a chance after all, but then I read they are going on without Bobby Axelrod. Like, the main character. Surely the sure sign the show is going the way of Giamatti's weight and goatee.

• Upvote 1

Four lives.

Dramatisation of the Steven Port case.

Bbc drama at its best.

Sheridan Smith and Steven Merchant play there characters superbly.

One of the few dramas that doesn't say "some characters and events have been changed for dramatic effect"

If ever the police fucked up this was right up there.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I enjoy El Marginal on Netflix. Argentine prison drama which is ridiculously far fetched but good fun even so. Into series 4 now.

I imagine,as I never saw it,that it's a low budget type of Prison Break show.

Theodore T Bagwell, now there's a great television character.