You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 20/01/2022 at 07:21, redheart said:

After Life series 3.

Very poor. Despite not liking Gervais I thought that series 1 and 2 were quite enjoyable. 

The third series was awful. It was maudlin and pointless. Nothing really happened. The level of acting was awful with the exception of Penelope Wilton and David Bradley. Gervais thinks that his character is an everyman liberated from restraint and able to say what he wants and what we would all secretly like to say. He isn't. He's an obnoxious, tedious fat shit. The ending both at the  fete and the walking off scene were cringe worthy. 

1/10

I have started watching this twice and fell asleep both times. But your description for me mostly fits the other 2 seasons. For me season 1&2 werew about 5 out of 10 and I mostly only watch because it's easy when you're too tired to concentrate on good television. 

On 20/01/2022 at 09:33, DalyanPete said:

The Blacklist. 5/10.

Started off OK but like all things on Netflix, stop flogging a dead horse.

I hope Red kills Keane.

I was going to ask where are you up to, but later saw you said season 8. I enjoyed season 8, but I think it's been up and down right through. Season 9 has been shite so far and it had a break after about 6 episodes and they're supposedly doing a bit of a reboot. 

I think these types of shows last though because of the money involved. I think blacklist is back from a time when a big thing is international and syndication sales because they sign long term deals. So they do contracts that pretty much means anything after season 4 is a cash cow. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Don't think I can take it Baz.

I've thought once or twice of giving up on it. I don't see it as a great show, but it has some really good episodes, characters and story arcs. So each time you think it's shite, it seems to up it's game. Season 9 so far (or what I've seen of it, there might be a couple of new ones) has me ready to turn off again, but I reckon this season will be the end of it, so I'm going to see it through. For season 8 though, I think there's enough good material in there to stick with it. Unless I'm mistaken there's about 10 episodes where Keane isn't in it at all, which was odd. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've thought once or twice of giving up on it. I don't see it as a great show, but it has some really good episodes, characters and story arcs. So each time you think it's shite, it seems to up it's game. Season 9 so far (or what I've seen of it, there might be a couple of new ones) has me ready to turn off again, but I reckon this season will be the end of it, so I'm going to see it through. For season 8 though, I think there's enough good material in there to stick with it. Unless I'm mistaken there's about 10 episodes where Keane isn't in it at all, which was odd. 

I will stick with it with one eye closed.

Wonder if she was pregnant.

Just finished the expanse and it was truly great sci fi. I cannot believe they aren’t continuing with this and following up the books there’s so much material and so much mystery left in it. The ending was pretty good though. Hopefully they do a couple of movies or it gets picked up elsewhere. 9/10 for all 6 seasons.

• Upvote 1

Narcos 6 or 7 out of 10.

I like it but everything seems to happening very quickly. I'm 7 episodes in and Escobar has gone from a bandit man of the people, to drug dealer, to king pin, set up cartel, become a terrorist (sending some unsuspecting lad to his death), all in the space of a couple of episodes. With everything that's happened it feels like this should be 10 series, like the Sopranos or something, to allow all these things a bit more time to develop. Overall though it's enjoyable.

Having spent the last week in hospital with no visitors, I'd taken my laptop and thought I would smash box set after box set. But the drugs were strong and my ability to watch anything I had to remember was not great! In a few lucid bits and since I got home I managed Dopesick - which was quite ironic considering Oxy was in my hospital cocktail (in fact still is, but my overall cocktail is now weaker, so I can concentrate). I thought it was absolutely brilliant. It's really difficult to pick any individual performances, it was just everything you want in these types of show. 9/10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Narcos 6 or 7 out of 10.

I like it but everything seems to happening very quickly. I'm 7 episodes in and Escobar has gone from a bandit man of the people, to drug dealer, to king pin, set up cartel, become a terrorist (sending some unsuspecting lad to his death), all in the space of a couple of episodes. With everything that's happened it feels like this should be 10 series, like the Sopranos or something, to allow all these things a bit more time to develop. Overall though it's enjoyable.

It could be 100 series and still be the best (non-comedy) tv series ever. 

Archive 81

Promised much, delivered very little. They built a great creepy atmosphere but then blew it with muddled, clichéd writing.

Style 7, substance 3.

The ending was as contrived, as predictable and as sha!melessly cynical, as anything I've seen in a very long time. And they can stick their fucking sequel right up their arse, Money grabbing Netflix whores.

3/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

Ozark. Season 4, part 1. 

Finished this first half last night, what the hell is that all about anyway, releasing in two halves? Hopefully don't have to wait to long for the final seven episodes.

Generally very good, the last episode in particular was brilliant with a couple of stand out scenes. 

9/10 for the first half of this final season.

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Having spent the last week in hospital with no visitors, I'd taken my laptop and thought I would smash box set after box set. But the drugs were strong and my ability to watch anything I had to remember was not great! In a few lucid bits and since I got home I managed Dopesick - which was quite ironic considering Oxy was in my hospital cocktail (in fact still is, but my overall cocktail is now weaker, so I can concentrate). I thought it was absolutely brilliant. It's really difficult to pick any individual performances, it was just everything you want in these types of show. 9/10

You should have binged Mrs Brown's Boys while you had access to strong painkillers. 

Hope you're a bit perkier now.

Billions

New season started last night. I used to love this show but the last couple of seasons have both been completely self-indulgent, trying to be ever so clever, ultimately at the expense of the characters and of the storyline.

S06E01 surprisingly bucks that trend and came out of the traps with a belting episode. Hopefully the writers keep it going because it was fresh, surprising and very welcome.

S06E01 8/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

21 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Just finished the expanse and it was truly great sci fi. I cannot believe they aren’t continuing with this and following up the books there’s so much material and so much mystery left in it. The ending was pretty good though. Hopefully they do a couple of movies or it gets picked up elsewhere. 9/10 for all 6 seasons.

Agreed with how good it was. Setting up the future storylines has left me wanting more but I read it's really expensive to produce so I might have to buy the final 3 books to see what happens.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Agreed with how good it was. Setting up the future storylines has left me wanting more but I read it's really expensive to produce so I might have to buy the final 3 books to see what happens.

Really? You wouldn't have thought it would be any more significant than most office based dramas would you? It's not like they've built a promonade or something like they did with boardwalk. I wonder if the costs are on the talent?