You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I started to watch the first season of The Expanse after reading some good reviews a couple of years back, but I just couldn't get into it at all. 

I was going to give it another go, but now, maybe not.

If you like sci fi I'd still watch the first 3 seasons. Then I wouldn't bother.

52 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I started to watch the first season of The Expanse after reading some good reviews a couple of years back, but I just couldn't get into it at all. 

I was going to give it another go, but now, maybe not.

I've struggled to get past 6 episodes, I loved Galactica - this seems a pale imitation at best. 

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've struggled to get past 6 episodes, I loved Galactica - this seems a pale imitation at best. 

I managed 3 or 4. There's loads of sci fi stuff that promises more than it delivers.

I've got the Battlestar Galactica box set somewhere, I might watch that again instead.

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

What I dislike about many of these whodunits, especially the Scando ones, is the amount of times the murderer is revealed to be a copper or a high ranking politician.

Not clever. Predictable and lazy.

Yep,my opinion precisely. Also,once discovered the murdere had a whole episode to kill off the people chasing them yet arsed around and it was their downfall,as usual.

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

What I dislike about many of these whodunits, especially the Scando ones, is the amount of times the murderer is revealed to be a copper or a high ranking politician.

Not clever. Predictable and lazy.

I always find myself wondering how they found the time to hold down a 9-5, do copious overtime, and still plan and execute a series of elaborate murders. I do bugger all, and still haven't finished the decorating.

See also: female killer who's 5 foot and 7 stone wet through, who's supposed to have moved the body of a six foot man onto a crucifix or some shit.

• Upvote 1

On 19/10/2021 at 11:52, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished Only Murders in the Building. After wobbling a bit through episodes 7&8, I thought it finished pretty well and over all was a good, light show. I'll certainly be watching the next season if it's renewed. 7.5/10. 

I completely agree with this.

Selena Gomez however, is a terrible actress. Wooden and one-dimensional and she has a horrible snotty voice.

And she could do with losing a few pounds too.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I completely agree with this.

Selena Gomez however, is a terrible actress. Wooden and one-dimensional and she has a horrible snotty voice.

And she could do with losing a few pounds too.

Not that it changes her voice, but might explain her weight, I think she's had health problems in the past and had some type of transplant. I think she looks like someone who's on the type of tablets that make you bloat. 

• Upvote 1

Midnight mass

I get the monologuey bit,but I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit different and the main girl in it was gourgous. 

24 hrs in police custody. 

Heavy.

Absolutely unbelievable that the monster had previously been caught with evidence of the date rape drug and the evidence of semen in the victim and still somehow got of with it.

Thought the woman police officer was really good in it, who was seemingly going after him almost single handedly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Midnight mass

I get the monologuey bit,but I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit different and the main girl in it was gourgous. 

24 hrs in police custody. 

Heavy.

Absolutely unbelievable that the monster had previously been caught with evidence of the date rape drug and the evidence of semen in the victim and still somehow got of with it.

Thought the woman police officer was really good in it, who was seemingly going after him almost single handedly.

We need scores man.

4 hours at the capital 

Does sort of nail the myth that the protestors were just allowed in.

Some incredible bravery shown however, why it took 4 hours for reinforcements to arrive when the country was under attack is anyones guess. 

4 members of the guards have took their own lives whilst trump maintains the protestors were "hugging 'them.

The biggest cunt on.the entire planet.

9/10

• Upvote 1

On 19/10/2021 at 11:52, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished Only Murders in the Building. After wobbling a bit through episodes 7&8, I thought it finished pretty well and over all was a good, light show. I'll certainly be watching the next season if it's renewed. 7.5/10. 

Agree with this and it's great seeing Martin and Short having fun again. It has been renewed for season 2 too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

4 hours at the capital 

Does sort of nail the myth that the protestors were just allowed in.

Some incredible bravery shown however, why it took 4 hours for reinforcements to arrive when the country was under attack is anyones guess. 

4 members of the guards have took their own lives whilst trump maintains the protestors were "hugging 'them.

The biggest cunt on.the entire planet.

9/10

Good documentary this. Imagine being so fucked up by conspiracy theories that you're willing to go into battle because some fat man-child's ego can't take the fact that he lost. Some of the delusion from the people on there is astonishing- the rioters were true patriots, until of course they started battering police officers and then you've got that dickhead saying they weren't Trump supporters.

Then, even after coming close to being attacked, the Republican scumbags that encouraged that behaviour carried on exactly as before, hoping to grift on Trump's coattails. Scary times, and you can see that delusion carrying on with the anti-vaxxers now- even though Trump and many other prominent Republicans got vaccinated, and panicked because their rhetoric was killing off their own voter base. I just hope to fuck that Trump expires before he gets a chance to run again, otherwise it's going to get every bit as bad as before.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I loved this when it came out but forgotten its existence so that could be my Friday night sorted!

Yeah I randomly remembered it yesterday, can’t remember where I first watched it might have been on Virgin on Demand years back. Enjoy the rewatch! 

• Upvote 1

On 19/10/2021 at 07:43, Barrington Womble said:

Y: the last man has been cancelled after one season. I was planning to watch that. Has anyone here seen it and is it worth watching as just a standalone series? 

Not seen it but it was cancelled because the production had been pushed back because of the pandemic and they had to make a decision about whether to renew cast contracts by 15th October.

There are suggestions HBO Max may pick it up like they’ve done with other series.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

That bit with Martin in the final episode after his bird left the apartment and through to the bit in the basement reminded me of him many years ago. 

Yeah me too, it had a pinch of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and some tremendous physical comedy.