You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 13/10/2021 at 19:35, grazywalker said:

Midnight Mass on Netflix 

5/10 - Would have been better over 4 episodes instead of 7 

Vampire shizzle with a load of religious stuff.

There are some scenes that go on forever with really boring dialogue

3 episodes in and its decent so far.

The mayor fella is a ringer for ned Flanders. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Squid Game - enjoyable hokum that collapsed when it came time to deliver. Another intriguing series falls prey to Lost syndrome.

It was nowhere near as bad as Lost. It at least had a half decent ending and a cohesive structure. After Season 2 of Lost the writers were clearly making it up as they went along. 

41 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

It was nowhere near as bad as Lost. It at least had a half decent ending and a cohesive structure. After Season 2 of Lost the writers were clearly making it up as they went along. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it went the same way. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ride - like Lost Season 1 - but it became apparent that virtually nothing was going to matter other than the protagonist, and even he lacked a decent resolution. Other than the big reveal - which was telegraphed - it opened up more questions like hatches in Lost. I'm not expecting there to be any substance behind them.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it went the same way. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ride - like Lost Season 1 - but it became apparent that virtually nothing was going to matter other than the protagonist, and even he lacked a decent resolution. Other than the big reveal - which was telegraphed - it opened up more questions like hatches in Lost. I'm not expecting there to be any substance behind them.

I genuinely hope they don't make a Season Two of Squid Game, but i think they almost certainly will. 

56 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Only ever watched the odd episode of Lost but wasn't it originally a 3 season story that they had to insert 3 additional, unplanned, seasons into the middle of at the request of the studios once it became popular?

It certainly came across like that. The ending was one of the most disappointing things i've witnessed in TV history, although in hindsight the quality had already dipped massively, even more so once they started having the "flash sideways".

Midnight Mass- OH MY FUCKING GOD, STOP TALKING.

Fuck's sake, every few minutes there seems to be a 5-10 minute dialogue between boring characters. It's like a bunch of stoned Philosophy students rambling on at each other. In episode 5, things are finally starting to happen, and they kill it stone dead with a couple of bores in a rowing boat or the AA meeting dribbling on about metaphysics. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to finish it, what a huge comedown Flanagan's series have been after Hill House.

57 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Midnight Mass- OH MY FUCKING GOD, STOP TALKING.

Fuck's sake, every few minutes there seems to be a 5-10 minute dialogue between boring characters. It's like a bunch of stoned Philosophy students rambling on at each other. In episode 5, things are finally starting to happen, and they kill it stone dead with a couple of bores in a rowing boat or the AA meeting dribbling on about metaphysics. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to finish it, what a huge comedown Flanagan's series have been after Hill House.

The slow pace of the first 3 or 4 episodes were the best bit for me, it lost me a little from the end of episode 4 onwards when it started to get more into traditional horror.

Haunting of Hill House was very similar, haven't caught up on Blythe Manor yet.

31 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The slow pace of the first 3 or 4 episodes were the best bit for me, it lost me a little from the end of episode 4 onwards when it started to get more into traditional horror.

Haunting of Hill House was very similar, haven't caught up on Blythe Manor yet.

Don't waste your time mate, it's fucking shit.

On 15/10/2021 at 11:49, Carvalho Diablo said:

Squid Game is one of the very few films or series which would benefit from an expensive remake.

Great idea, absolutely shite execution. Excuse the pun.

The first episode is brilliant, now on episode 4 and it's slipping badly. 

Shout out to those who recommended Succession. 

Apart from Brian Cox & Cameron Fry, everyone’s face looks really familiar but after IMDB’ing them, I’ve never seen one of them in anything else.

Some skin crawling sycophants played brilliantly by the actors. When the yanks get it right, they don’t half hit the bullseye.

2 episodes in and it’s getting the Mrs “let’s stick with this” seal of approval. 

675E6EAE-F862-4346-BDC4-CA46A3CA6AAE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

BBC IPlayer - Hunting The Essex Lorry Killers

Documentary about the Vietnamese migrants who suffocated in the trailer of that lorry a couple of years ago. Really difficult to watch but fascinating as well. There aren't half some evil bastards out there. 10/10. 

• Upvote 1

Watching The Expanse season 5.

It really hasn't had the pull since season 3, and I forgot how much the dodgy belter accents annoy the shit out of me. Sounds like some amateur borderline racist impressions.

The narrative along the first few seasons with Millar looking for Julie was good. It's all a bit samey now. Just space jargon, cut to new scene with different space jargon, and again. I couldn't give a fuck if all the characters left die.

Oh and the acting was always a tad weak but they must have tried to save money by giving extras all the speaking parts. Awful.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Watching The Expanse season 5.

It really hasn't had the pull since season 3, and I forgot how much the dodgy belter accents annoy the shit out of me. Sounds like some amateur borderline racist impressions.

The narrative along the first few seasons with Millar looking for Julie was good. It's all a bit samey now. Just space jargon, cut to new scene with different space jargon, and again. I couldn't give a fuck if all the characters left die.

Oh and the acting was always a tad weak but they must have tried to save money by giving extras all the speaking parts.

I started to watch the first season of The Expanse after reading some good reviews a couple of years back, but I just couldn't get into it at all. 

I was going to give it another go, but now, maybe not.