You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Help, excellent TV if not a bit harrowing and sad.

Stephen Graham with his usual brilliant best.

Julie Comer was so believable as the care worker.

The UK really doesn't care, having seen care home workers do their stuff, they really do care.

Doubt if a blue got past the 15 minutes.

I was thinking that when watching it. Anyone who is anti-covid, vaxx, masks or is too stubborn to accept any alternative viewpoint than their own or admit the government badly fucked up probably won't have bothered watching. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair he's brilliant in pretty much everything he's in. 

His range is brilliant as well. Tommy in Snatch to Combo in This Is England.

Wasn't a fan of him in Line Of Duty but otherwise he's been great in everything else. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Wasn't a fan of him in Line Of Duty but otherwise he's been great in everything else. 

To be fair the acting in Line of Duty on the whole is utter turd. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

He was absolutely superb in the virtues and has definitely progressed from being typecast as the small psycho.

I thought Jodie Comer stole it though, I thought she absolutely carried it and was superb.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He was absolutely superb in the virtues and has definitely progressed from being typecast as the small psycho.

I thought Jodie Comer stole it though, I thought she absolutely carried it and was superb.

I was taken aback how good she was. Knew she was a decent actress but that was outstanding. The pair of them are superb. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Stephen Graham must work every waking hour the amount of stuff he's in.

The Mrs went to a wedding in Belfast about 5 years back and Stephen was there as family of the bride. She said he was really lovely and approachable but I texted her to ask him ' Is this the first day you have had off since Snatch ? ' but she wouldn't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Watched the first episode of that Martin Clunes thing on ITV last night - Manhunt: The Night Stalker. 

Loosely based on real events. It wasn't bad, to be fair. He's not Academy Awards quality, but I think that Martin Clunes is a half decent serious actor. 

Didn't he do one on the Millie Dowler case as well? That was decent if it was him.... 

On 13/04/2020 at 07:25, Elite said:

The Zoo owners are all cunts but a few of the employees appeared to be decent people, they were mostly misfits that just ended up in that life.

I think Joe went into it with the best of intentions but once he began struggling with income he lost all his morals and mistreated all the animals, plus his need to be the centre of attention meant that he'd never do the ethical thing as it would take away his platform to 'perform'. 

Make no mistake though, Joe Exotic is a uniquely, brilliant character. A cunt but a funny cunt.

New season coming out in November.

• Upvote 1

On 21/09/2021 at 14:04, Nelly-Torres said:

Watched the first episode of that Martin Clunes thing on ITV last night - Manhunt: The Night Stalker. 

Loosely based on real events. It wasn't bad, to be fair. He's not Academy Awards quality, but I think that Martin Clunes is a half decent serious actor. 

The third episode (?) where’s he’s in the old ladies house (the night stalker, not Clunes) will give me fucking nightmares. Worse than any horror movie you could watch. 

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2021 at 09:42, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Only ok? Really?

for me it’s as good as anything I can think of, especially in terms of actually making me laugh.

I don’t hold up much hope for a US version. I like some of their comedy shows but they never actually make me laugh. This one had me howling at times.

I really enjoyed it. It's actually quite a gentle comedy (in the sense that there's no edge of cruelty to it) as well as very funny, which is rare.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I really enjoyed it. It's actually quite a gentle comedy (in the sense that there's no edge of cruelty to it) as well as very funny, which is rare.

Yep, to the point that my 9 year old has watched it with her mum and thinks it’s hilarious too, and when I learned that I thought “yeah, actually there’s nothing that needs to be censored for her to enjoy it”

Clarksons Farm - 8/10

Finally finished this. Really, really good.

I expected it to be a Grand Tour clone but on a farm but it's nothing of the sort. Very interesting, informative and engaging.

I'm not Clarksons biggest of fans but the shows that good, I overcame that.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ganglands aka Braquers the series.

On Netflix and is a French crime series. Looks good so far.

Watch the movie of the same name as that is pretty good too and made in 2016.

Having seen a few more episodes I have to say it's very average and as per Netflix it has very little meaningful dialogue and just a shit load of hyper unrealistic gun battles. The film was a hundred times better.