You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not looked back in here beyond this page, but if Ghosts hasn’t had a mention already if needs one. 

got recommended this by my ex one day last month when I dropped my daughter off with her, and since then me and my missus have smashed through all 3 episodes.

haven’t laughed out loud so often and so consistently watching TV for as long as I can remember.

No idea if it will stand the test of time as well as others, but for sheer humour it’s as good a sitcom as anything the BBC has ever put out.

so good.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Jesus wept, that’s Dick Van Dyke standards.

It's baffling how he got through casting with an accent that bad. It's not as if he was a big name at the time either.

Adrien Brody in Peaky Blinders is the only one that comes close in the utter shitness stakes. It's like Papa Lazarou became a made man.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Not looked back in here beyond this page, but if Ghosts hasn’t had a mention already if needs one. 

got recommended this by my ex one day last month when I dropped my daughter off with her, and since then me and my missus have smashed through all 3 episodes.

haven’t laughed out loud so often and so consistently watching TV for as long as I can remember.

No idea if it will stand the test of time as well as others, but for sheer humour it’s as good a sitcom as anything the BBC has ever put out.

so good.

Ghosts is ok. A US version is released soon. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Ghosts is ok. A US version is released soon. 

Only ok? Really?

for me it’s as good as anything I can think of, especially in terms of actually making me laugh.

I don’t hold up much hope for a US version. I like some of their comedy shows but they never actually make me laugh. This one had me howling at times.

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Only ok? Really?

for me it’s as good as anything I can think of, especially in terms of actually making me laugh.

I don’t hold up much hope for a US version. I like some of their comedy shows but they never actually make me laugh. This one had me howling at times.

It doesn't make me laugh out loud to be honest. But it's good and light - I enjoy it, but I wouldn't be bothered if I never watched another (I'm about 2 into the latest season)

I guess you need to be careful when referencing real chess players in your drama.

https://www.avclub.com/check-netflix-sued-by-chess-icon-over-a-line-in-the-qu-1847691648/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The line in question is spoken during the miniseries’ finale, “End Game,” in which Beth competes in a high stakes competition in Moscow. “The only unusual thing about her, really, is her sex, and even that’s not unique in Russia,” a commentator quips during a match. “There’s Nona Gaprindashvili, but she’s the female world champion and has never faced men.” In particular, the last part about never playing against men that really rubs Gaprindashvili the wrong way. 

“Gaprindashvili is a pioneer of women’s chess and a much-loved icon in her native country of Georgia,” the 25-page suit states. “Throughout her extraordinary career, she won many championships, beat some of the best male chess players in the world, and was the first woman in history to achieve the status of international chess grandmaster among men.”

Help

Heartbreaking. Brilliant.

Superbly acted 

Jodie comer in particular was outstanding 

Almost impossible to watch it and not feel angry about how those cunts catastrophically handled the pandemic, especially when you hear Hancock in the background talking about a protective ring around card homes.

Watch it.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Help

Heartbreaking. Brilliant.

Superbly acted 

Jodie comer in particular was outstanding 

Almost impossible to watch it and not feel angry about how those cunts catastrophically handled the pandemic, especially when you hear Hancock in the background talking about a protective ring around card homes.

Watch it.

With the fuckwits in this country I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave the Tories a boost in the polls …

”Boris did his best”

• Upvote 1

On 18/09/2021 at 21:36, Rico1304 said:

Strictly- it’s just fucking ace. 10 mins after two blokes dancing together the world is still turning. Looks like it’ll be a great series. 

Perhaps they could rename it Strictly Come While Dancing? 

4 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

The latest Ted Lasso. I’ve had a few drinks. I think I’m on the wrong meds for this one. 

I read somewhere that they had already worked out the story arc for ten episodes and then Apple suddenly wanted 12 so they had to write two standalone episodes. The Christmas one and that Beard one. I thought it was OK for what it was. 

Apple scruffs, though. Always wanting more. 

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Help, excellent TV if not a bit harrowing and sad.

Stephen Graham with his usual brilliant best.

Julie Comer was so believable as the care worker.

The UK really doesn't care, having seen care home workers do their stuff, they really do care.

Doubt if a blue got past the 15 minutes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53315178.amp