You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It was a very good but uncomfortable watch. 

There was one clip of the second plane hitting the tower that I hadn't seen before and it was shocking to see. And the story of the firefighter who got his head practically split in half after being hit by a falling body was gruesome. 

So many strong people amongst the survivors and the bereaved. 

So many utterly broken people too. Heartbreaking 

On 09/08/2021 at 19:02, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve been watching Uprising. Steve McQueen’s three part documentary on the New Cross house fire and its aftermath.

The tragedy claimed the lives of 13 young black people in 1981 and led to protests against the media, the police and politicians of the day.

One of the complaints was a perceived (or not) lack of concern from the Queen and the PM of the day and a sense that race played a part in this. 

It’s a brilliantly made film. Interesting, heartbreaking, inspiring, shame inducing and thought provoking in equal measures. 

I’ve still got one episode to go but it’s a comfortable 7.5/10 so far.

Available on the iPlayer. 

Just watched the first part of this. Brilliant film making, but fucking hard to watch.

• Upvote 1

On 30/08/2021 at 19:51, Bjornebye said:

Watched the first episode of that Vigil earlier. So bloody far fetched but I reckon it will get better after the ending. Suranne Jones is bloody lovely though. 

I've recently rewatched A Touch of Cloth, so I can't watch Suranne Jones investigating crimes.

On 29/08/2021 at 16:48, JagSquared said:

Started Kevin can go F himself on Amazon and the first episode is really good. She’s a great actress hoping it keeps it up.

On 29/08/2021 at 16:51, YorkshireRed said:

She’s reasonable on the eye as well. 

Simultaneously breaking the "pics or GTFO" protocol and Tentions' Law.

I'm not angry, just very, very disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

The North Water is one of the best things I've seen for ages. Colin Farrell is sensational in it, one of the best acting performances I've seen in a TV show, he just oozes danger and menace throughout. 9/10.

Can't wait to watch this 

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Goliath. Another "why have I never heard of this" show. Billy Bob Thornton playing an alcoholic lawyer persuaded into taking up a case against a major weapons firm. On Amazon, four seasons, I'm just starting season 2 and it's pretty good 8/10.

Its been mentioned on here. Three series so far.

42 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Goliath. Another "why have I never heard of this" show. Billy Bob Thornton playing an alcoholic lawyer persuaded into taking up a case against a major weapons firm. On Amazon, four seasons, I'm just starting season 2 and it's pretty good 8/10.

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its been mentioned on here. Three series so far.

Season 4 starts on Amazon towards the end of this month

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve wanted to at several points. Tonight included. 

Hahaha 

9 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Reservation Dogs. Set on a First Nations reservation. Those guys have been dealt a poor hand. Taika Waititi has a credit on this. Some very good stuff. 

"Stop wagging that fucking tail at my Dad!" 

Absolutely love People Just Do Nothing. It's instantly re-watchable as well. Chabuddy G is the star performer literally everything he says is funny but Beats is my favourite character, he's very subtle but funny. Steve is ace as well.

Grindah is a massive twat but that's the whole point and it works as him being the focal point of the show.

I have a thing for Michelle as well, proper fit chav.

9/10.

• Upvote 1