You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The North Water. Very Gritty 8/10. Farrell and O’Connell very good. Graham too but the accent.

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just googled that.

Looks right up my street.

Never even heard of this, bbc iplayer yeah???? 

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

Told the Mrs we’ll settle down and watch this tonight. Looks like it’s gonna be another 3 months searching for something we both agree on

She'll probably like it. It's not that bad, but for me, it was fairly disappointing for a show from the best of the year shortlist. It's nowhere near stuff like Chernobyl, Escape from Danemorra, Unbelievable or The Night Of.

• Upvote 3

On 23/08/2021 at 22:03, Arniepie said:

Deceit 

Drama about the honey trap to reel in colin stagg for the Rachel nikell murder.

2 episodes in..very gritty but the girl playing the undercover officer is excellent .

Not sure about the portrayal of the crime profiler who is coming off as very malevolent.

I noticed this when I was looking for something to watch earlier. On the recommendations earlier I might give this a go.

Earlier I watched Pride of Place in the Our Lives series on BBC1. It charted the planning of the first Pride parade in Mid Ulster, set against local evangelical  opposition. In 2020! A small but diverse group of people just wanting to be able to live their own lives. How can this still be a thing? I cried

• Upvote 1

On 23/08/2021 at 22:03, Arniepie said:

Deceit 

Drama about the honey trap to reel in colin stagg for the Rachel nikell murder.

2 episodes in..very gritty but the girl playing the undercover officer is excellent .

Not sure about the portrayal of the crime profiler who is coming off as very malevolent.

I watched the first episode last night. What was going on with the profiler? I felt complicit in something. I’m not sure I’ll watch any more

1 hour ago, Champ said:

I watched the first episode last night. What was going on with the profiler? I felt complicit in something. I’m not sure I’ll watch any more

I watched the first episode but am not going to bother with the rest. I found it to be uncomfortable viewing but at the same time, boring.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ said:

He seems to be painted as the one who takes all the blame.

I've got his book (picking up the pieces)where he describes how he works on the case.

In the show the police seem to be be hardly complicit at all.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

He seems to be painted as the one who takes all the blame.

I've got his book (picking up the pieces)where he describes how he works on the case.

In the show the police seem to be be hardly complicit at all.

I don’t know if he is/was the way he was portrayed but I found his behaviour towards her really troubling.

18 minutes ago, Champ said:

I don’t know if he is/was the way he was portrayed but I found his behaviour towards her really troubling.

He is definitely being portrayed as being quite..iffy shall we say?

Not really sure how accurate that is tbh as it was the police's idea to do the whole honey trap thing.

23 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Wonder what happened to that programme about the manc gangsters?

They only showed 2 and there was supposed to be 5.

It was boss that aswell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/propermanchester.com/tv-film/bbc-reveals-when-manchester-crime-series-the-detectives-will-be-back-on-our-screens-and-why-it-stopped/amp/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ta mate

Why would it be focused on the grooming gangs?

Sutely it should be sticking to mancs in rockport jumpers shooting each other?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Top class that show.

Whoever wrote that piece must be a proper hard case to only describe Paris Bostock as 'slightly terrifying'.

Haha I know. One terrifying fucker him. I’d love to be a fly on the wall on his wing. 

Just now, Arniepie said:

Ta mate

Why would it be focused on the grooming gangs?

Sutely it should be sticking to mancs in rockport jumpers shooting each other?

God knows mate 

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Lost a bit of interest now , don't really fancy three hours of those sort of crimes

I'll still watch it as I found the methods they used to catch people very interesting, there's literally cameras everyfuckingwhere.

But I suppose they can't give away too much as it helps the criminals avoid detection, especial nonces hiding behind computers. For example, lads going to commit murders won't be passing their phones to their mates anymore.