You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 22/07/2021 at 08:47, YorkshireRed said:

Don’t give up on BB if it underwhelms you at first (particularly if you’re comparing to some of the reviews you may have seen/heard). It definitely gets better, much better.

In my opinion BCS is the better show. One of the best ever made. It’s different from BB but at the same time, very similar.

Enjoy. 

@Dr Nowt deffo this ^^^ . For me only the sopranos has been better. The problem with season 1 was it happened during a writer's strike. So they had an arc for a dozen episodes or whatever and then had to figure out how to compress that story line into 7 episodes. 

On 27/07/2021 at 06:46, Paul said:

Really enjoying both Season 2 of Betty and the first season of Ted Lasso. In very different ways, both are that rare combination of heart-warming and entertaining. On paper neither should work but they each do brilliantly. 

Ted Lasso is brilliant. I rewatched it this week (season 1) I just blasted through it. It's one of the best light shows for years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Midway through Ted Lasso, it's really good fun and easy viewing.

Jame Tartt is a massive cunt.

8/10 thus far.

Corny as fuck somehow very watchable. I did it in two sittings. 

I’ve never watched Seinfeld until I started it the other day. Really good so far and I’m only 30 years late to it. 

• Upvote 1

On 27/07/2021 at 15:39, Butch said:

Das boot TV series. Probably mentioned here before but started watching this last night. Loved the original movie from 82 and thought this might be a bit shite but it's actually brilliant. Great effects and writing. What makes it better is its German with subtitles. 

Negged for not putting this in the Upcoming TV Show thread. If you don’t wipe a puppy’s face in its mess it’ll never learn.

• Downvote 1

Baptiste series 1.

Started off really well then just fell off a cliff from episode 3.

The man on the street wouldn’t make the stupid decisions this hard nosed detective does.

Seeing a lot of hate for series 2 at the min so will give that a swerve.

find something else to watch if you’re hesitating on this 

Just finished the second series of Rectify. I’m deliberately taking my time as it’s nice to have something to look forward to.

Very enjoyable, it can be quite slow at times but this just adds to the atmosphere of the show.

It has depth and the way some of the ‘minor’ characters are developing is really interesting.

Looking forward to season three but I’m going to wait a bit.

8/10

p.s. I love Amantha.

0213CFCF-A88B-4D25-8523-D68764BA798E.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just finished the second series of Rectify. I’m deliberately taking my time as it’s nice to have something to look forward to.

Very enjoyable, it can be quite slow at times but this just adds to the atmosphere of the show.

It has depth and the way some of the ‘minor’ characters are developing is really interesting.

8/10

p.s. I love Amantha.

She was also sensational in The Fappening!

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

8/10

p.s. I love Amantha.

Teddy is a great character, really comes into his own in the final 2 seasons.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, his story is perhaps the most interesting one of all. Looking forward to seeing how his character develops. 

His character development over the four seasons is brilliant, great writing and acting. I fucking hated him at first.

• Upvote 1