You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Narcos is top tier for me, and Ozark is second tier.

Like I said mate, it’s not a definitive list. Feel free to drop more in. Especially in the ‘boss kids shows’ section. Barbie - Life in The Dreamhouse really isn’t doing it for me at the moment. 

Ozark is another I never went back to after the first series. Once it’s been so long it’s impossible to just drop back into it without rewatching the first one and it feeling like a slog. So many shows, so little time. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Never got past the first series of Narcos. Always been meaning to go back but can’t be arsed sitting through series one again.

Haven’t had a drink since Sunday, you weapon. Was busy all day yesterday so it was late before I could sit and browse on here properly. 

Mate give it a go. I am with The Wire. Narcos is outstanding, even the Mexican Narcos is great. 

45 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Better Call Saul would be right up your street, Ben. Doesn’t work unless you’ve watched BB first though. 

Been thinking about watching Breaking Bad again. Couldn't get into Better Call Saul. Might go back after rewatching BB. 

Although I really enjoyed Breaking Bad, I definitely think that Better Call Saul is by far the better series.

Bigger budget (and it shows), they've already found their stride in BB, and more than anything Kim Wexler us a great character. In BB, the 2 leading female characters (Skylar and her sister) are both massive unlikeable cunts.

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Don’t give up on BB if it underwhelms you at first (particularly if you’re comparing to some of the reviews you may have seen/heard). It definitely gets better, much better.

In my opinion BCS is the better show. One of the best ever made. It’s different from BB but at the same time, very similar.

Enjoy. 

Someone bought me the Breaking Bad box set a while back, watched the first couple of episodes and never went back to it. 

I might go back to it, but usually if something doesn't grab my attention, it just gets jibbed.

I've got loads of box sets, some of which I've never seen.

I'll have to start watching them instead of moaning about the shite on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Someone bought me the Breaking Bad box set a while back, watched the first couple of episodes and never went back to it. 

I might go back to it, but usually if something doesn't grab my attention, it just gets jibbed.

I'll have to start watching them instead of moaning about the shite on the telly.

It’s just my opinion, others will probably disagree, but I thought Breaking Bad was steady away for the first two seasons (not much more than that). Seasons 3-5 were very good, with the occasional outstanding episode and ‘knock your socks off’ moment. 

Better Call Saul has been a steady 8/10 throughout. I’ve genuinely loved it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

It’s just my opinion, others will probably disagree, but I thought Breaking Bad was steady away for the first two seasons (not much more than that). Seasons 3-5 were very good, with the occasional outstanding episode and ‘knock your socks off’ moment. 

Better Call Saul has been a steady 8/10 throughout. I’ve genuinely loved it. 

Yeah, that’s exactly right. Breaking Bad is decent in the first series, no more than that. But as the story progresses it gets better and better. Around halfway through the third series…

Hank and the twins in the car park

… it really takes off into edge of your seat stuff. 

The last series probably doesn’t hit the heights of 3 & 4 but it needed to be that way for it to have the satisfactory ending. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I was the same with BB, I tried a few times and kept giving up. Finally gave in and fuck me it was worth it. 

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mike Ehrmantraut and Ray Shoesmith, bonded by blood?

For anyone that’s not seen these shows, do not, I repeat, do not open these spoiler tags. 

Oof. Who wins in that battle. I think Mike has taken on bigger projects in his working life but there is no way that Ray Shoesmith would…

allow himself to be bumped off by Walt

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

BB, Better Call Saul and Mr Inbetween are easily the greatest TV shows of recent years. 

I haven’t got around to watching The West Wing yet and there’s others that are lauded as second tier shows on here that I haven’t seen. That’s why I left an ‘etc’ after every tier. So Tony can add Homes Under The Hanmer. 

It's been about 10 years since I watched The West Wing, but it is a great series.

Something else I'll have to watch again.

9 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's been about 10 years since I watched The West Wing, but it is a great series.

Something else I'll have to watch again.

Agreed. Hopefully it hasn’t dated too much but The West Wing is certainly one from the very top shelf (maybe fades away towards the very end though).

Really enjoying both Season 2 of Betty and the first season of Ted Lasso. In very different ways, both are that rare combination of heart-warming and entertaining. On paper neither should work but they each do brilliantly. 

Das boot TV series. Probably mentioned here before but started watching this last night. Loved the original movie from 82 and thought this might be a bit shite but it's actually brilliant. Great effects and writing. What makes it better is its German with subtitles. 

• Upvote 1

Watched the first of that 'Confessions of a Drug Mule' on BBC IPlayer last night. About to watch the second episode now. It's about the Peru two, the girls who got caught. The Irish one narrating it. I can't believe how fucking thick she claims she was. Thought Lima was in Spain until she was on a plane heading a cross the Atlantic blah blah blah. Interesting so far though although it's weirdly made. 

_109484659_10e17551-d4d4-4b43-8749-ce37e

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched the first of that 'Confessions of a Drug Mule' on BBC IPlayer last night. About to watch the second episode now. It's about the Peru two, the girls who got caught. The Irish one narrating it. I can't believe how fucking thick she claims she was. Thought Lima was in Spain until she was on a plane heading a cross the Atlantic blah blah blah. Interesting so far though although it's weirdly made. 

My daughter is 30 and owns two businesses , but a pound to a pinch of shite she wouldn't have a clue where Lima was. I get the impression Geography and History aren't a thing in school anymore.

Me and the Mrs enjoyed this programme.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

My daughter is 30 and owns two businesses , but a pound to a pinch of shite she wouldn't have a clue where Lima was. I get the impression Geography and History aren't a thing in school anymore.

Me and the Mrs enjoyed this programme.

tumblr_owdgo0jdmI1ur5m8bo6_r1_400.gifv

I just don't believe she didn't even ask if she didn't know. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Added to my watchlist.

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Das boot TV series. Probably mentioned here before but started watching this last night. Loved the original movie from 82 and thought this might be a bit shite but it's actually brilliant. Great effects and writing. What makes it better is its German with subtitles. 

Its good but not a patch on the film.

• Upvote 1