You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve finally started The Wire. 3 episodes in and it’s …. Ok. Tell me it gets better. It’s got Fred West and that talking mannequin Lance Reddick from Bosch in it so I’m pissed off already 

You think Sons of Anarchy is top drawer. Get to the end of The Wire and you’ll think that SoA is closer to Emmerdale. 

One of the best characters (later seasons) also had a big part in Bosch but he’ll always be Marlo Stanfield. You want it to be one way, but it’s the other way. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You think Sons of Anarchy is top drawer. Get to the end of The Wire and you’ll think that SoA is closer to Emmerdale. 

One of the best characters (later seasons) also had a big part in Bosch but he’ll always be Marlo Stanfield. You want it to be one way, but it’s the other way. 

Shut up you tit 

The natural order…

Blue Peter, Power Rangers, PJ Masks, etc. For kids.  

Regular Show, Teen Titans Go, etc. Boss shows for kids. 

Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Loose Women, etc. For Tony. 

Four Part BBC/ITV dramas, The Chase, Friends, The Simpsons, etc. Easy to watch for everyone. 

Third Tier Shows - The Shield, Fargo, Line of Duty, Bojack Horseman South Park, etc. 

Second Tier Shows - True Detective, Game of Thrones, (ending fucked it) Stranger Things, Always Sunny, Boardwalk Empire, Peep Show, Rick & Morty, etc

Top Tier - The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mr Inbetween, etc. 

Sons of Anarchy fits in somewhere between the third tier and the group below with The Chase in. I’m doing a disservice to The Simpsons actually. It should be above Jax Teller. SoA is in Prison Break territory. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The natural order…

Four Part BBC/ITV dramas, The Chase, Friends, The Simpsons, etc. Easy to watch for everyone. 

Third Tier Shows - The Shield, Fargo, Line of Duty, Bojack Horseman South Park, etc. 

Second Tier Shows - True Detective, Game of Thrones, (ending fucked it) Stranger Things, Always Sunny, Boardwalk Empire, Peep Show, Rick & Morty, etc

Top Tier - The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mr Inbetween, etc. 

Sons of Anarchy fits in somewhere between the third tier and the group below with The Chase in. I’m doing a disservice to The Simpsons actually. It should be above Jax Teller. SoA is in Prison Break territory. 

Top Tier is The West Wing, The Wire and Sopranos. 

• Upvote 1

BB, Better Call Saul and Mr Inbetween are easily the greatest TV shows of recent years. 

I haven’t got around to watching The West Wing yet and there’s others that are lauded as second tier shows on here that I haven’t seen. That’s why I left an ‘etc’ after every tier. So Tony can add Homes Under The Hanmer. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

BB, Better Call Saul and Mr Inbetween are easily the greatest TV shows of recent years. 

I haven’t got around to watching The West Wing yet and there’s others that are lauded as second tier shows on here that I haven’t seen. That’s why I left an ‘etc’ after every tier. So Tony can add Homes Under The Hanmer. 

Haha. I haven’t watched daytime television in years. I’ve taken to not switching the telly on until 6 or 7pm, so I miss new episodes of The Chase and Pointless.

My favourite programmes include: Antiques Roadshow, Countryfile, Coast, Long Lost Family, Fake or Fortune?, various stuff on BBC Four and Gogglebox.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not watched any of these yet. 

We’ve just started The Sopranos as she’s never seen it, then I’ll have to get on these if you reckon they’re as good as The Wire and The Sopranos. 

13 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. I haven’t watched daytime television in years. I’ve taken to not switching the telly on until 6 or 7pm, so I miss new episodes of The Chase and Pointless.

My favourite programmes include: Antiques Roadshow, Countryfile, Coast, Long Lost Family, Fake or Fortune?, various stuff on BBC Four and Gogglebox.

Storyville on BBC4, mate. My word. There has never been a bad one. 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Not watched any of these yet. 

We’ve just started The Sopranos as she’s never seen it, then I’ll have to get on these if you reckon they’re as good as The Wire and The Sopranos. 

Comfortably right up there. I was late to Breaking Bad but was on it before the end and totally blown away. Then the prequel, Better Call Saul has toned down a bit of the action but the dialogue and drama has gone up another level. It’s immense. Final season is on the way soon. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Never watched Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. Been rooting around for something new to get into once I’ve rewatched Mr Inbetween series 3, so may dive into that.

Don’t give up on BB if it underwhelms you at first (particularly if you’re comparing to some of the reviews you may have seen/heard). It definitely gets better, much better.

In my opinion BCS is the better show. One of the best ever made. It’s different from BB but at the same time, very similar.

Enjoy. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Narcos. 

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I left out Succession. That’s second tier, flirting with top tier depending on how it plays out. 

Hahahaha hows the hangover? 

Breaking Bad is immense, I've watched it through twice. Can be slow at times but the pay offs are spectacular.

Better Call Saul is fantastic as well, adds depth to some of the best characters from Breaking Bad and is a brilliant show in its own right.

I'd say the BB/BCS is my favourite fictional universe. It works incredibly well.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve finally started The Wire. 3 episodes in and it’s …. Ok. Tell me it gets better. It’s got Fred West and that talking mannequin Lance Reddick from Bosch in it so I’m pissed off already 

I enjoyed The Wire but it's not getting past The Sopranos, Gomorrah or Narcos, for me. Part of the problem could have been that because everyone raved about it i probably expected too much. I got to the end of Season 3 and never bothered with the last two.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Narcos. 

Hahahaha hows the hangover? 

Never got past the first series of Narcos. Always been meaning to go back but can’t be arsed sitting through series one again.

Haven’t had a drink since Sunday, you weapon. Was busy all day yesterday so it was late before I could sit and browse on here properly. 

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The natural order…

Narcos is top tier for me, and Ozark is second tier.