You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just finished Time. Brilliantly written, filmed and acted. Worth the praise it’s had here and elsewhere.

I stick with the 8.5/10 score I gave the first episode for the overall series though.

Feels about right to me. Anything higher than that and you’re moving into Sopranos, Wire territory and, good as it was, it wasn’t in that class.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Butch said:

Been watching this and its brilliant. Clarkson is so funny and it's refreshing to hear swearing without beeps. His side kick is a funny fucker and head of security Gerald is a nutcase who talks bollocks. Great stuff. 

20210614_232825.jpg

On Becoming a God in Central Florida.

Never heard of this and don't recall it mentioned in here but found it on Netflix last night and it's great so far.

Kirsten Dunzt is brilliant as a trashy Florida wife who works at a waterpark in the late 80's who gets dragged into the world of pyramid schemes. Dark comedy drama, 8/10.

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2021 at 20:51, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched Shane Meadows' The Virtues again yesterday, blasting through all 4 episodes back to back.

Even better than the 1st time and even better than Time imo. Outstanding acting start to finish.

10/10

I can honestly say , the reunion scene in Ireland was the most emotional I have ever seen .

Tears escaped my eyes , and tears never escape my eyes watching the tele . 

Never. 

Starting episode 3 tonight

• Upvote 1

On 12/06/2021 at 07:06, VladimirIlyich said:

Rectify is superb. Its about an alleged death row killer is pardoned and how his life turns out after prison. Around 4 or 5 series worth.

Yeah, unique series in the perspective it takes. Well worth watching. 

• Upvote 1

On 14/06/2021 at 08:11, Butch said:

Been watching this and its brilliant. Clarkson is so funny and it's refreshing to hear swearing without beeps. His side kick is a funny fucker and head of security Gerald is a nutcase who talks bollocks. Great stuff. 

Wouldn't watch anything that cunt was in for all the tea in China . 

Horrible pompous entitled little Englander . 

• Upvote 1

On 16/06/2021 at 17:26, manwiththestick said:

Never heard of this and don't recall it mentioned in here but found it on Netflix last night and it's great so far.

Kirsten Dunzt is brilliant as a trashy Florida wife who works at a waterpark in the late 80's who gets dragged into the world of pyramid schemes. Dark comedy drama, 8/10.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Sadly it had been renewed for season 2, but got dumped by showtime because of covid. Maybe if it's landed on Netflix they'll bring it back. 

On 16/06/2021 at 17:26, manwiththestick said:

I keep seeing this when I login to Netflix. I thought the only reason to watch it was Dunzt but I’ll probably give it a go now. 

One for the ‘punching’ thread. Good actor but Jesse has done well for himself here.

2E996D9E-E12F-46C2-A55B-DEBD32E89C1F.jpeg

4A343722-D5CD-44A6-B579-D2BE6F5AC9CD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I keep seeing this when I login to Netflix. I thought the only reason to watch it was Dunzt but I’ll probably give it a go now. 

One for the ‘punching’ thread. Good actor but Jesse has done well for himself here.

He's an ugly cunt but a great actor. Loved him in everything I've seen him in particularly Friday Night Lights and Break Bad.

• Upvote 1

Caught a couple of episodes of Men Behaving Badly on Gold last night. Well, the arse end of one then the one where Tony comes home from the pub with a snake. Still funny as fuck. Stupid lads lads lads funny not Fawlty Towers levels of funny. Leslie Ash was fit till she blew her lips up 

• Upvote 1

On 31/05/2021 at 13:50, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've surprised myself with how much I'm enjoying Motherland. None of the characters - mostly self-centred middle-class mums with pointless jobs and self-created first-world problems - are people I can relate to and too many of them are just poorly-written archetypes.  But the performances of the main cast members - especially Anna Maxwell-Martin, Lucy Punch & Diane Morgan - carry the whole thing and make it a fun way to spend half an hour.

Apparently, when Anna Maxwell-Martin auditioned for this, she'd had a run of unsuccessful auditions and when she saw she was up against some good actors, she thought this was going to be a waste of time.  As a result, she did the audition in a bit of an exasperated strop... and gave them exactly what they were looking for. 

On 19/06/2021 at 15:38, Bjornebye said:

Caught a couple of episodes of Men Behaving Badly on Gold last night. Well, the arse end of one then the one where Tony comes home from the pub with a snake. Still funny as fuck. Stupid lads lads lads funny not Fawlty Towers levels of funny. Leslie Ash was fit till she blew her lips up 

Helped in part by Lee Chapman.

On 19/06/2021 at 13:21, YorkshireRed said:

On 19/06/2021 at 14:25, Elite said:

He's an ugly cunt but a great actor. Loved him in everything I've seen him in particularly Friday Night Lights and Break Bad.

They’re husband and wife in season two of Fargo. The episode of Black Mirror he was in is decent too. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They’re husband and wife in season two of Fargo. The episode of Black Mirror he was in is decent too. 

Yeah Fargo season 2 was very good and he was in that film Game Night as well, which was okay but he was the best one in it.

On 31/05/2021 at 13:50, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've surprised myself with how much I'm enjoying Motherland. None of the characters - mostly self-centred middle-class mums with pointless jobs and self-created first-world problems - are people I can relate to and too many of them are just poorly-written archetypes.  But the performances of the main cast members - especially Anna Maxwell-Martin, Lucy Punch & Diane Morgan - carry the whole thing and make it a fun way to spend half an hour.

The token main male character, Kevin, is one of the best modern day sitcom characters, in my opinion. 

Kevin (Motherland), Actor TV series