You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, that's where I got to as well. Astonishingly well acted and directed scene, and incredibly relatable.

Yep. One of them things you watch that leave you feeling like you've just had the shit kicked out of you. Unreal scene. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

In fairness, he was outstanding in this imo. Best he's ever acted.

As soon as he opens his stupid fucking mouth I want to smash my telly. I can't watch him for a second. I didn't watch game of thrones as I couldn't watch season 1 because of him and I didn't understand it starting once he was dead. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

As soon as he opens his stupid fucking mouth I want to smash my telly. I can't watch him for a second. I didn't watch game of thrones as I couldn't watch season 1 because of him and I didn't understand it starting once he was dead. 

You should do, he was an honourable but incredibly naive fool who ended up getting executed because he was dumb. Enjoy the build up and his inevitable death at the hands of a kid.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair the scouse lads played their roles very well especially "rat" lad , one scary prick him he was like that in the Rhys series as well. I bet he's sound in real life, just grown up around 'rats' like him. It was fucking superb and a really bad set of programmes for the prison tourist board. 

Still haven't watched any of it past that scene in the bar. Left me in pieces that. Stephen Graham is one of the best british actors of all time. He managed to steal the show in The Irishman with Pacino, De Niro, Pesci and Keitel. 

He's a great actor but his accent in The Irishman was embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

Loved Justified, some great characters. Mad part of the world, Kentucky miners had some scraps down the years. 

Except it was filmed almost exclusively in California,which is one of the reasons I couldnt take to it myself. I think its small but important stuff like that which let these things down.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Except it was filmed almost exclusively in California,which is one of the reasons I couldnt take to it myself. I think its small but important stuff like that which let these things down.

Didn’t know that. Would’ve been better filmed in Kentucky definitely. Bit like how loads of shows are filmed in Vancouver. 

7 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Didn’t know that. Would’ve been better filmed in Kentucky definitely. Bit like how loads of shows are filmed in Vancouver. 

It reminded me of how they used to film the Dukes of Hazzard in California but with the pretence of a Southern USA state. Justified just never felt authentic enough for me wheres something like Rectify felt brilliant as they filmed most of it in Georgia.

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It reminded me of how they used to film the Dukes of Hazzard in California but with the pretence of a Southern USA state. Justified just never felt authentic enough for me wheres something like Rectify felt brilliant as they filmed most of it in Georgia.

I’ll check Rectify out, not heard of that. I think the TV companies look for hand outs to locate and film, or states incentivise them with tax breaks, but like how Breaking Bad ended up in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  

9 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I’ll check Rectify out, not heard of that. I think the TV companies look for hand outs to locate and film, or states incentivise them with tax breaks, but like how Breaking Bad ended up in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  

Rectify is superb. Its about an alleged death row killer is pardoned and how his life turns out after prison. Around 4 or 5 series worth.

• Upvote 3

Casrlevania SE01-04: 8.5/10.

Not a big fan of computer games or anime but this is really, really good. Excellent voicing cast and a good mix of storytelling, action and character development. Rounds everything off nicely at the conclusion of SE04 as I understand they’re going to move to a spin-off series rather than continue it. Cheers to Skend04 for the recommendation.

On 12/06/2021 at 07:06, VladimirIlyich said:

Rectify is superb. Its about an alleged death row killer is pardoned and how his life turns out after prison. Around 4 or 5 series worth.

Passed me by this, though I vaguely remember watching one episode when it came out. Going to give it another go 

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Been watching this and its brilliant. Clarkson is so funny and it's refreshing to hear swearing without beeps. His side kick is a funny fucker and head of security Gerald is a nutcase who talks bollocks. Great stuff. 

Cannot stand Clarkson. One horrendous individual.

• Upvote 2

On 11/06/2021 at 21:19, Carvalho Diablo said:

In fairness, he was outstanding in this imo. Best he's ever acted.

I’ve been watching this, superb. The menace is everywhere. Shows prison not to be a holiday camp at all! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Fourthded. He’s a bully and I can’t abide that type of behaviour, however it manifests itself. 

He's even worse in real life. I know someone who lives and works near his home. He and his ex-wife acted like complete cunts to everyone they contract (caterers etc) and never paid in full and threatened to destroy their business in the area if they kicked up a fuss. This was often to save a few hundred pounds or a couple of thousand. Apparently David Cameron and his wife were even bigger cunts

• Upvote 1