You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just finished season 1 of City On A Hill myself, very very average I thought.

Hardly any likeable characters, hardly any action, I won't be bothering with season 2.

5/10

I had similar thoughts on it when I watched it, but would probably score it lower.

Sarah Shahi is a phenomenal looking woman, that's about the only the plus point I could find in it. 

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

I had similar thoughts on it when I watched it, but would probably score it lower.

Sarah Shahi is a phenomenal looking woman, that's about the only the plus point I could find in it. 

Is that the dusky investigator? If so it's a resounding yes from me.

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

The Civil War (Ken Burns) - Amazon Prime + £££

No regrets at all about having to give the better part of twenty knicker for this nine-part series that is almost, but not quite, as good as the unsurpassable "The Vietnam War" by the same producer. Brilliantly constructed and deeply moving. Amazing and unmissable. It loses half a mark as we both find it a little tricky at times to keep track of who's who and what's what. 

9.5/10

Will give this a watch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, grazywalker said:

I gave p after 1st episode as they wrecked my head. It seemed to be trying ot hard and over acted. Does it improve and you get used to it. I have battled through others esrly episodes of series and it won me around. 

We weren't in love with it after the first episode. Didn't take long though. It's never jaw-dropping or belly-laughing, but it regularly has me laughing out loud. Imagine an updated "Clueless" without the money. Stellar performances across the board, and if Mutt doesn't turn every man into a big bender, I'll eat my own, erm... 

...nah, can't quite get it. Can anyone help? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rb14 said:

We weren't in love with it after the first episode. Didn't take long though. It's never jaw-dropping or belly-laughing, but it regularly has me laughing out loud. Imagine an updated "Clueless" without the money. Stellar performances across the board, and if Mutt doesn't turn every man into a big bender, I'll eat my own, erm... 

...nah, can't quite get it. Can anyone help? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This/Her. It’s a decent enough show and certainly gets better as you rattle through the seasons. The sister is gorgeous though, definitely the icing on the Schitts Creek cake. 

I think Stevie is gorgeous. There. I said it. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rb14 said:

Schitts Creek - Netflix

We're just starting the fourth season. Absolutely awesome. Top performances across the cast. Tramples the death rattle of latter AbFab episodes into the dust. 

10/10

The characters are brilliantly written. One of the most enjoyable series i have seen on Netflix.

Anyone who has not seen it or has just started watching it I implore you to schtick with it as the gradual unravelling of the casts characters and the challenges they each face will pay off. 

Jocelyn is the dictionary definition of a MILF.

Schitts Creek has a huge following and has become a cult classic with conventions all over the place (not recently obviously). 

26 minutes ago, Qwikage said:

The characters are brilliantly written. One of the most enjoyable series i have seen on Netflix.

Anyone who has not seen it or has just started watching it I implore you to schtick with it as the gradual unravelling of the casts characters and the challenges they each face will pay off. 

Jocelyn is the dictionary definition of a MILF.

Schitts Creek has a huge following and has become a cult classic with conventions all over the place (not recently obviously). 

Yeah, it’s got a lot of cult love. Understandably because once you get it and get what they were going for, it’s actually just lovely. There’s not much ‘feel good’ stuff around and they layered kindness behind selfishness as you watched people discover that it wasn’t money that makes a person happy. 

10 hours ago, rb14 said:

The Civil War (Ken Burns) - Amazon Prime + £££

No regrets at all about having to give the better part of twenty knicker for this nine-part series that is almost, but not quite, as good as the unsurpassable "The Vietnam War" by the same producer. Brilliantly constructed and deeply moving. Amazing and unmissable. It loses half a mark as we both find it a little tricky at times to keep track of who's who and what's what. 

9.5/10

I must have posted about this loads of times and now and only now does Carvalho fucking Diablo decide to give it a watch? 

Fuck this place. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Storyville: Red Penguins: Murder, Money and Ice Hockey 

8/10 

The fall of the Soviet Union and the tale of the Red Army hockey team, Pittsburg Penguin’s owner financing a venture over there, and the brave new world of unfettered free market capatalism. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000q5hp

Storyville. One of the very few good things about the BBC. 

• Upvote 1

Just watching episode 1 of The Nevers. Unusual, not sure if it's for me or not tbh.

Basically a cross between Charmed, the X-Men and Brideshead Revisited and I can't stand any of that shite so I doubt I'll stick with this beyond another episode, but so far very reasonable.

I was the same with Schitts Creek.

Gave up after less than a season. Later the wife and daughter wanted to watch, so we watched it together and you really start to feel for the characters. 

Really builds through the seasons.

Plus Moira is absolutely brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Cant find the documentary thread but the BBC iplayer documentary 'The Australian Dream' was very interesting and showed how racism is alive and well the world over and especially in Australia. It is primarily about a former Aussie Rules player of Aboriginal descent named Adam Goodes. There is also some cunt named Andrew Holt who would fit right in to our own Tory party and probably is at the centre of the Aussie version.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Cant find the documentary thread but the BBC iplayer documentary 'The Australian Dream' was very interesting and showed how racism is alive and well the world over and especially in Australia. It is primarily about a former Aussie Rules player of Aboriginal descent named Adam Goodes. There is also some cunt named Andrew Holt who would fit right in to our own Tory party and probably is at the centre of the Aussie version.

Just watch Salute to get a better view of Aussie racism which I can testify as someone who lived their is absolutely rampant

The Dectorists (3 Seasons) - 7.5/10

Easy viewing but I found it tedious at times. The two protagonists were good but the secondary characters didn't really hit the mark a lot of the time. Andy's wife was one annoying cunt.

Snowfall series 4 , I know most people rave about this season but I think it's the weakest of the lot. Lost its edge for me , the journalist character is a joke and all in all I'll be glad to see the back of it .

Very disappointing