You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

The Night Of- 9/10. Utterly gripping, grim, low-key, realistic, nihilistic, bleak, sobering, terrifying drama. Absolutely fantastic stuff with brilliant performances from a host of superb character actors. John Turturro, Michael Kenneth Williams (of course) and especially Riz Ahmed pull out the stops in this.

I won't say anything about the plot as it fully deserves to be watched blind, suffice to say you'll change your mind multiple times per episode. The squalor and decay of the NY locations, particularly the corruption at Rikers and Turturro's allergies, puts it almost into a psychological horror movie genre at times.

On Now TV, one of the few things worth watching on that. It's apparently based on an earlier UK series, which I'll be searching out.

That was very good. It got a lot of love on here at the time too. 

On 17/04/2021 at 22:30, Mudface said:

The Night Of- 9/10. Utterly gripping, grim, low-key, realistic, nihilistic, bleak, sobering, terrifying drama. Absolutely fantastic stuff with brilliant performances from a host of superb character actors. John Turturro, Michael Kenneth Williams (of course) and especially Riz Ahmed pull out the stops in this.

I won't say anything about the plot as it fully deserves to be watched blind, suffice to say you'll change your mind multiple times per episode. The squalor and decay of the NY locations, particularly the corruption at Rikers and Turturro's allergies, puts it almost into a psychological horror movie genre at times.

On Now TV, one of the few things worth watching on that. It's apparently based on an earlier UK series, which I'll be searching out.

Fantastic series. As you say, completely and utterly gripping from start to finish. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

What a crime! "It's a bit of a woman's show"

It's not but it is focussed around a romance so that might put you off.

I don't mind a bit of romance if it's well done. I enjoyed Normal People, just not cheesy nonsense.

Just now, Elite said:

I don't mind a bit of romance if it's well done. I enjoyed Normal People, just not cheesy nonsense.

I was paraphrasing the immortal first post of Rate the last film you watched.

It's quite visceral with it's violence and sexual content. But it is a love story across time. I really enjoy it, escapist fun and nonsense.

49 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I was paraphrasing the immortal first post of Rate the last film you watched.

It's quite visceral with it's violence and sexual content. But it is a love story across time. I really enjoy it, escapist fun and nonsense.

I'm a changed man.

Mare of East Town on Sky Atlantic. Kate Winslett as a detective in a small town shithole in the US. The first episode was well acted but very slow. Could go either way , as the characters have been established and the 'event' has just happened , but it does need to move up a gear.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Mare of East Town on Sky Atlantic. Kate Winslett as a detective in a small town shithole in the US. The first episode was well acted but very slow. Could go either way , as the characters have been established and the 'event' has just happened , but it does need to move up a gear.

The Guardian gave it 5 stars out of 5 but, you’re right, it could go either way. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The Guardian gave it 5 stars out of 5 but, you’re right, it could go either way. 

I am loath to read any reviews in the Guarniad any more , as I wade through paragraphs of social drivel and box ticking before finding myself screaming ' Is it any fucking good ?  '

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am loath to read any reviews in the Guarniad any more , as I wade through paragraphs of social drivel and box ticking before finding myself screaming ' Is it any fucking good ?  '

Lucy Mangan and Peter Bradshaw are horrendous cunts.

• Upvote 2

On 22/04/2021 at 13:28, Carvalho Diablo said:

Snowfall - season 4 series finale.

What a brilliant episode, perfectly setting up season 5 for a rip roaring start. Franklin, Jerome, Leon are just some of the best characters on the telly.

Best show on the telly. Roll on Mr Inbetween.

9/10

Just caught up myself.

As you say, set up perfectly for Season 5.