You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This week’s episode of Snowfall was fucking superb. Set up nicely for the season finale next week but it’ll be difficult to top that. Bodies dropping everywhere. 

Rapidly approaching the very, very top tier of shows, for me. I think they’ll get two more series out of it after this one. For anyone that hasn’t seen it, get on the first three series on BBC iplayer. It just gets better and better. 

Still blows my mind that the lad who plays Franklyn is from Peckham. He’s got that LA accent nailed. Superb actor. Only realised recently that he was in an episode of Black Mirror. I didn’t recognise him at the time because I hadn’t seen Snowfall. 

I keep forgetting about it, think I've got two to catch up with now.

4 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Went back to Snowfall after stopping for some reason before the last episode of S3. Finally watched it the other day. As a stand-alone piece of TV it’s been highly rated. Now got S4 to work through. I agree it’s a top show. 

That’s the “What if?” episode, right? I enjoyed that one. 

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This week’s episode of Snowfall was fucking superb. Set up nicely for the season finale next week but it’ll be difficult to top that. Bodies dropping everywhere. 

Rapidly approaching the very, very top tier of shows, for me. I think they’ll get two more series out of it after this one. For anyone that hasn’t seen it, get on the first three series on BBC iplayer. It just gets better and better. 

Still blows my mind that the lad who plays Franklyn is from Peckham. He’s got that LA accent nailed. Superb actor. Only realised recently that he was in an episode of Black Mirror. I didn’t recognise him at the time because I hadn’t seen Snowfall. 

I never knew that. He acts very well. Reminded me when I found out Stringer Bell was English. They act the part so well, it truly draws you in to their character. 

The Night Of- 9/10. Utterly gripping, grim, low-key, realistic, nihilistic, bleak, sobering, terrifying drama. Absolutely fantastic stuff with brilliant performances from a host of superb character actors. John Turturro, Michael Kenneth Williams (of course) and especially Riz Ahmed pull out the stops in this.

I won't say anything about the plot as it fully deserves to be watched blind, suffice to say you'll change your mind multiple times per episode. The squalor and decay of the NY locations, particularly the corruption at Rikers and Turturro's allergies, puts it almost into a psychological horror movie genre at times.

On Now TV, one of the few things worth watching on that. It's apparently based on an earlier UK series, which I'll be searching out.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

The Night Of- 9/10. Utterly gripping, grim, low-key, realistic, nihilistic, bleak, sobering, terrifying drama. Absolutely fantastic stuff with brilliant performances from a host of superb character actors. John Turturro, Michael Kenneth Williams (of course) and especially Riz Ahmed pull out the stops in this.

I won't say anything about the plot as it fully deserves to be watched blind, suffice to say you'll change your mind multiple times per episode. The squalor and decay of the NY locations, particularly the corruption at Rikers and Turturro's allergies, puts it almost into a psychological horror movie genre at times.

On Now TV, one of the few things worth watching on that. It's apparently based on an earlier UK series, which I'll be searching out.

Yeah it’s incredible isn’t it? The UK series it was based on was called Criminal Justice. It was on BBC iplayer not long ago. Don’t think it’s on there now though. The US version is far superior in my opinion. Worth checking the original out though. Pete Postlethwaite and Ben Wishaw play the main roles.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Yeah it’s incredible isn’t it? The UK series it was based on was called Criminal Justice. It was on BBC iplayer not long ago. Don’t think it’s on there now though. The US version is far superior in my opinion. Worth checking the original out though. Pete Postlethwaite and Ben Wishaw play the main roles.

Thanks mate, that's the one. I was wondering if it's on BritBox, but it doesn't seem to be. I'm interested because of Postlethwaite, but only because the US version is so good.

I read around and it seems there was a vague idea of doing a John Stone series- I'm so glad they didn't, this was perfect and doing some sort of 'case of the week with an overarching story' would have ruined it. Plus I couldn't have handled his allergies, he was making me itch just by looking at him by the end...

7 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Fucking kip of Jimmy Carr trying to look trendy on Sunday Brunch ..

Guess fleecing the tax man of thousands of pounds must be worth it to look that plastic 

EzP_BsKVIAIVuK7?format=jpg&name=large

EzQEqlGVcAgGVYN?format=jpg&name=small

EzQCysvVkAUscLV?format=jpg&name=large

I know the cook one is a red and I don’t mind the ‘king of the tin’ feature but I find Lovejoy annoying. The wife has a pathological loathing for Jimmy Carr though, so I’ll stick that on in a bit (she records it), it’ll distract her from my shortcomings for a while. 

• Upvote 1