You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think the other lad was the main target that's why they went straight for the guy in the van, he was the one going around calling the shooter a 'ginger cunt' and telling people not to buy from him. 

Snowfall is moving along nicely, obvious that the family out in the sticks will all be cracked off their faces by next week, especially the son.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

I don't think the other lad was the main target that's why they went straight for the guy in the van, he was the one going around calling the shooter a 'ginger cunt' and telling people not to buy from him. 

Snowfall is moving along nicely, obvious that the family out in the sticks will all be cracked off their faces by next week, especially the son.

"No comment" 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"No comment" 

The detectives must write that about a thousand times a day. What is apparent is the level off CCTV knocking about, you'd have to be a master criminal to not get caught these days.

On 01/04/2021 at 10:52, sir roger said:

Was very surprised when Peanut wouldn't give her their names.

I liked how they went round locking on loads of criminals doors asking for him, so they’d all know he’s chatting to them. Bet he sleeps soundly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

I liked how they went round locking on loads of criminals doors asking for him, so they’d all know he’s chatting to them. Bet he sleeps soundly.

Quite apt that he was called peanut because when they find him, he'll look like one.

On 02/04/2021 at 20:35, No2 said:

2 episodes into behind her eyes. Program itself is ok, I wouldn't have objected to binning after 1 episode but missus seems into it.

Fucking shit. Don't watch it.

• Upvote 3

On 03/03/2021 at 23:23, diamondjoe said:

Started watching Bosch. Should I invest my time in it or sack it in and look elsewhere for detective drama?

I think it's very good personally. Others disagree . Solid 8 for me

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2021 at 09:00, Bjornebye said:

It started well but got a bit cheesy for me. Bosh himself is a terrible actor but the storylines are ok. Worth it if you've watched most other things. 

I watched the first episode but haven't gone back to it, do plan to though. 

I find it hard to understand that comment given your love for "succession" , which in my opinion is vastly overrated and sports some of the worst acting I've seen. 

Opinions

Banshee - finished the final season the other day. Mindless nonsense but watchable. I would put it on a par with something like Bates Motel. 7/10 maybe. Some of the posts in the Banshee thread saying it was the best thing on TV etc were a bit OTT in my opinion.

Its A Sin - Got around to watching this last night. Very sad. Amazing to see how attitudes have changed over the years since AIDS first surfaced in the 80s. Keeley Hawes was good in it in the final episode. 8/10.

Gomorrah - On season 3 of this and still going strong. Fucking great stuff. Relentlessly violent and grim but straight out of the top drawer. 9/10

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I find it hard to understand that comment given your love for "succession" , which in my opinion is vastly overrated and sports some of the worst acting I've seen. 

Opinions

Polar opposites in opinion there mate. Bosch is one of the worst acted shows I’ve ever seen (although the first few series were very watchable) Succession is absolutely superb. 

I've been reading the books for a long time, I think I started with about the third in the series. After all those years you tend to get a mental picture of what the hero looks like and how he acts. Titus Welliver just doesn't gel with my mental image and he is, as Stig said, an absolutely shit actor. The stories are fairly good and are derived from a mish mash of the books, the supporting cast is excellent except for the soppy cow who is his daughter.
Worth watching? Yes, but it's not top drawer. 6.5/10
Series 7 starting soon, the last Bosch but all the main characters are coming back in a new series.

7 minutes ago, fungus said:

This is my review of Behind Her Eyes.

https://streamable.com/ocrdj1

Hahaha- reading through the synopsis, I think I'd be the same if I'd spent 5 hours on it. It probably would have made a reasonable Dr Who episode.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Unforgotten has completely passed me by, has some solid reviews.

It's good, 'solid' is a perfect description of it, not groundbreaking or jawdropping, but more than decent entertainment. Walker is excellent in it, her sidekick's a bit of a drip, but the storylines are gripping and well done.

• Upvote 2