You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just watched the first episode of The Detectives following the recommendations on here. Great if slightly disturbing watch.

Not sure I’d fancy my chances in a bout of fisticuffs with that Paris chap.

It’s fair to say that I’m not cut out for that world, whatever side of the law they’re on. 

8.5/10. 

Yeah same. The male coppers were shitting themselves. Even the female detective "Hi can you send someone big to stand outside the door please he's gonna kick off" 

• Upvote 1

I watched that. I thought it remarkably naive that the female detective allowed that to go out on television.

Yes, you may be shitting it but you don't let them know it because now you'll take shit from others you arrest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just watched the first episode of The Detectives following the recommendations on here. Great if slightly disturbing watch.

It’s fair to say that I’m not cut out for that world, whatever side of the law they’re on. 

8.5/10. 

Is this the Canadian series?

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

I was so hoping it was going to be the Jasper Carrott and Robert Powell, one. 

I loved that , always surprised it nevers gets mentioned in 'top 100 comedies ' etc. 

My favourite was the episode where they had a joint horse rustling operation on Jersey , erroneously calling John Nettles Beaujolais throughout.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I loved that , always surprised it nevers gets mentioned in 'top 100 comedies ' etc. 

My favourite was the episode where they had a joint horse rustling operation on Jersey , erroneously calling John Nettles Beaujolais throughout.

Yep, absolute classic comedy series as was, and my personal favourite, Operation Good Guys. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

8.5/10. 

Just watching the second one now. Fuck me Manchester looks rough. 

• Upvote 1

Strange that he didn't shoot the first guy as he came down the path , gave him the chance to run and then the poor lad in the car had no chance.

Seemed quite odd sentences , 3 not guilty , 3 with relatively short sentences ( less than 3 years ) , the guy with the phones got 8 years and then 36 years for the main guy. Wasn't sure he would get done as the evidence seemed pretty circumstantial.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Strange that he didn't shoot the first guy as he came down the path , gave him the chance to run and then the poor lad in the car had no chance.

Seemed quite odd sentences , 3 not guilty , 3 with relatively short sentences ( less than 3 years ) , the guy with the phones got 8 years and then 36 years for the main guy. Wasn't sure he would get done as the evidence seemed pretty circumstantial.

More would have come out at the trials, I’m sure. They could easily have made a 3-4 episode series out of that one case I reckon, but the story from the coppers perspective had to be told in an hour. There have been much worse stories given extended series. 

Watching a cartoon on Netflix called Final Space. Only done two episodes but it’s made me laugh a few times so I’ll stick with it for a bit. 

New episode of Snowfall should be available tomorrow, right @Carvalho Diablo? Bloody half term means I won’t get to watch it until after 10pm. 

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

What path? Were you watching the American suburban version? 

The big lad in the trackie top with the stripe was blatantly one who got out of the car and went into the house yet he got away. That was weird. 

Looks to me like the shooter looked out the window and saw the van pull up, saw one in the passenger seat so went for him not knowing the other lad was at the door. Thats why he chased him. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What path? Were you watching the American suburban version? 

The big lad in the trackie top with the stripe was blatantly one who got out of the car and went into the house yet he got away. That was weird. 

Looks to me like the shooter looked out the window and saw the van pull up, saw one in the passenger seat so went for him not knowing the other lad was at the door. Thats why he chased him. 

Yes,  my impression was the shooter coming out of the door was practically face to face with the guy who got out of the car but he ended up getting away.