You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm on episode 3 of the serpent. I've finding it really hard to follow with all the jumping back and forth to the point it feels like work. Does it get easier?

It continues to do that all the way through and it can be hard work at times, but it does all fit together and is worth sticking with. I really enjoyed it, loved the way they recreated the 70’s and also has a great soundtrack.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It continues to do that all the way through and it can be hard work at times, but it does all fit together and is worth sticking with. I really enjoyed it, loved the way they recreated the 70’s and also has a great soundtrack.

Enjoyed it too but I do agree about the wholly unnecessary multiple timeline shenanigans, which added precisely nowt to the story as a whole.

I also thought that the acting was mostly shite.

4 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Bruno vs Tyson

Forgot how much I loved Frank Bruno. Never knew he had to deal with that Uncle Tom bullshit. Great to see him doing so well now. Tyson, still clearly absolutely batshit. 

I hated Bruno,still do. Another hyped up British sportsman beyond belief. I cringed every time I heard him interviewed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I hated Bruno,still do. Another hyped up British sportsman beyond belief. I cringed every time I heard him interviewed.

I think I caught a few seconds of him taking a penalty on Soccer AM the other morning when I was flicking through the channels. If it wasn't him, then there's another fat bastard around who's shit at football and can barely make a 5 yard run up without looking like they're going to have a heart attack.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Always seemed a nice enough fella, I think he was probably exploited a bit too much you can imagine people around him dipping his earnings because he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't find him dislike-able at all though. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Always seemed a nice enough fella, I think he was probably exploited a bit too much you can imagine people around him dipping his earnings because he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't find him dislike-able at all though. 

Probably a victim of his own low intelligence to be fair.

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Probably best to jib it then. I think you’re allowed some hype when you become the best in the world at your chosen profession.

Who else is on your list of hyped British sportsmen?

Succession - 10/10. An absolutely brilliant portrayal of a family-run media conglomerate dominated by an ageing patriarch who deploys every Machiavellian technique possible to play his kids off against each other in the race to succeed him. The casting and script are incredible and it is variously tense and hilarious. One of the best things I’ve seen in years. Can’t wait for the apparent third season. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Succession - 10/10. An absolutely brilliant portrayal of a family-run media conglomerate dominated by an ageing patriarch who deploys every Machiavellian technique possible to play his kids of against each other in the race to succeed him. The casting and script are incredible and it is variously tense and hilarious. One of the best things I’ve seen in years. Can’t wait for the apparent third season. 

I've just started it again for the 4th time in about 4 months. Have it on in the background while I'm working, it's just superb. The relationship between Tom and Greg who Tom just manipulates is a brilliant thing on the side. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've just started it again for the 4th time in about 4 months. Have it on in the background while I'm working, it's just superb. The relationship between Tom and Greg who Tom just manipulates is a brilliant thing on the side. 

Yeah. And yet Greg isn’t the sap he appears. 

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah. And yet Greg isn’t the sap he appears. 

Questionable. He's not dumb but fuck me eating free canteen food out of a dog shit bag was pretty dim. The bit on the balcony where they are burning evidence and Greg is trying to get Tom to inadvertently confess on tape is funny. Tom isn't as thick as he lets on. 

5 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Probably best to jib it then. I think you’re allowed some hype when you become the best in the world at your chosen profession.

Who else is on your list of hyped British sportsmen?

He only won a mickey mouse version of the title after losing to all the decent fighters in the division,and a few not so good too. He was well overrated.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He only won a mickey mouse version of the title after losing to all the decent fighters in the division,and a few not so good too. He was well overrated.

He wasn't the greatest of boxers but he won the WBC title and from McCall who beat Lewis for it. Hardly Mickey Mouse.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Anyone else really struggling to find anything worth watching at the moment?

I'm down to watching C level shows that I lose interest in very quickly.

I've just lost interest in watching grnerally and gone back to the kindle / ps4

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

Anyone else really struggling to find anything worth watching at the moment?

I'm down to watching C level shows that I lose interest in very quickly.

Yep. Same here feel like I’ve seen everything decent. Think it’s due to Covid impacting some of the regular shows that would have been out by now. 

Soulmates on Amazon wasn’t a bad anthology show, some decent episodes some poor. Certainly better than some of the crap I’ve watched recently 7/10.

season 1 of “the big C” Amazon again, it’s ok. Nothing to write home about. 6/10.

started watching Seinfeld too but the gits have removed it from prime and I’m not going to pay.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

Yep. Same here feel like I’ve seen everything decent. Think it’s due to Covid impacting some of the regular shows that would have been out by now. 

Soulmates on Amazon wasn’t a bad anthology show, some decent episodes some poor. Certainly better than some of the crap I’ve watched recently 7/10.

season 1 of “the big C” Amazon again, it’s ok. Nothing to write home about. 6/10.

started watching Seinfeld too but the gits have removed it from prime and I’m not going to pay.

That Soulmates looks interesting and it's a great concept but pretty poor reviews put me off.