You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

12 hours ago, fungus said:

Just finished season 2 and I enjoyed this despite Ramy.  Found myself enjoying the episodes that focus on the other characters.

It's odd to have a show where the titular character is such an annoying, dumb, irritating, insipid little douchebag, he just got worse the longer it went on, more stuttery and more unlikeable.

I really like him. I think the point is that he’s confused about what he is and how Islam fits into his life. That’s why he is the way he is, in it.

8 hours ago, Elite said:

Nice one.

I didn't think I'd be into this show as much as I am, I like some of the movies but don't generally watch the Marvel TV shows but this show is unique and not formulaic at all.

If you’re getting into it, you’ll almost certainly want to watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier which is going to pick up some other threads from the Sokovia stuff straight after WandaVision ends. In that context I’d recommend watching: Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. These are probably also the most straight up action/thriller type films in the MCU too.  

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you’re getting into it, you’ll almost certainly want to watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier which is going to pick up some other threads from the Sokovia stuff straight after WandaVision ends. In that context I’d recommend watching: Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. These are probably also the most straight up action/thriller type films in the MCU too.  

I've seen all those apart from Age of Ultron. I've watched most of the Marvel movies (apart from a few) just not the TV shows but from what I gather they are stand alone and have no bearing on the overall Marvel arc which the new shows like WandaVision and TFATWS will be.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I've seen all those apart from Age of Ultron. I've watched most of the Marvel movies (apart from a few) just not the TV shows but from what I gather they are stand alone and have no bearing on the overall Marvel arc which the new shows like WandaVision and TFATWS will be.

Yeah. They’re not in the MCU. That said, there are rumours that Daredevil will be in Spider-Man 3 and played by the same fella from the Netflix series. 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah. They’re not in the MCU. That said, there are rumours that Daredevil will be in Spider-Man 3 and played by the same fella from the Netflix series. 

It's groundbreaking what they are doing, firstly with the movies and now the TV shows linking it all together.

I was sick of all the superhero stuff when it all started but I'm fully on board with how they are evolving the genre into a much broader viewing experience.

They aren't playing it safe either as WandaVision is showing, it's very quirky and the first few episodes could have put a lot of people off. I was a fan immediately as I loved watching Bewitched as a kid!

• Upvote 1

Cecil Hotel - Netflix. 

The biggest load of shite I’ve ever seen. 

Do not waste your time with this. I’m tempted to spoil the “ending” to save your souls but I’ll wait till I’m asked. 

A nothing story that Netflix have tried to manipulate into something that’s not there. 

Minus 10. 

Three episodes into that Cecil Hotel thing on Netflix and i can't get past the sycophantic bloke who thinks he has a bortherly connection with Elisa Lam (despite never meeting her and only getting interested after she disappeared) and the fella who is the lovechild of Steven Gerrard and Ross from Friends.

On 11/02/2021 at 14:16, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Marcella

The gf still likes it so I'm still watching it, but fuck me, it is getting MORE ridiculous. Season two was worse and i'm 3 episodes into season 3 and my eyes are in danger of rolling back into my head permanently. 

About 3 times an episode now I just let out a "oh for fuck sake, really? dead on."

Season 3 over. Fuck me, I hope there isn't a season 4. Just mental, and not in a good way. The plot is basically a 13 year olds fan fiction. Shite, unbelieve, inconsistent, all over the shop.

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Cecil Hotel - Netflix. 

The biggest load of shite I’ve ever seen. 

Do not waste your time with this. I’m tempted to spoil the “ending” to save your souls but I’ll wait till I’m asked. 

A nothing story that Netflix have tried to manipulate into something that’s not there. 

Minus 10. 

I felt the same, it should have been a one episode on how incompetent was the investigation. 

The Cecil Hotel thing wasn’t that bad. Pure trashy exploitative stuff featuring loads of internet cranks.
I enjoyed the bits where it focused on the history of the hotel and also the area in downtown LA in which it is situated. Obviously stretching it over 4 episodes was a bit much. Without giving too much away the final episode clears everything up and there is no mystery really. Just very sad for that poor girl and her family.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I felt the same, it should have been a one episode on how incompetent was the investigation. 

I think the makers of this have edited it to look like the investigation was incompetent rather than what it was. The video of her in the lift wasn’t doctored by the hotel or the cops. 

I got the impression that the “sleuths” had never even heard of this case and were used by the makers to try and see if they could find any dirt and ended up getting stitched up to make them take the fall.

There was never any times or dates on the postings or their searches and it felt that these had been added recently. Even with the bad goth there was no

timescale to when he started receiving the death threats.

That weirdo who sent someone to put his hands on her grave seemed a set up too. 

There’s probably a good reason why her family and any of her friends weren’t interviewed for this shite. 

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Are Preacher and Into The Badlands worth watching?

Preacher is actually really good, the issue is that the first season is the worst so can put some people off. Definitely worth sticking with. 

I loved Into the badlands. Got some of the best action scenes I’ve seen on a TV programme, the storyline is nonsense but it’s a good show overall. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Preacher is actually really good, the issue is that the first season is the worst so can put some people off. Definitely worth sticking with. 

I loved Into the badlands. Got some of the best action scenes I’ve seen on a TV programme, the storyline is nonsense but it’s a good show overall. 

Nice one.

I watched two episodes of that White House Farm that's been added to Netflix, it's very good.

Class Action Park. Brilliant HBO documentary about an insanely dangerous amusement park in New Jersey during the 70s and 80s. Although it definitely ends on a sombre note you can’t help but laugh at some of it. As someone who grew up during the 80s it does make you realise just how different our childhoods were to our own kids today. 9/10

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Class Action Park. Brilliant HBO documentary about an insanely dangerous amusement park in New Jersey during the 70s and 80s. Although it definitely ends on a sombre note you can’t help but laugh at some of it. As someone who grew up during the 80s it does make you realise just how different our childhoods were to our own kids today. 9/10

'elf and Safety ruined the fun... This is a summary of some of the more dangerous rides, the place was a fucking death trap.

• Upvote 1