You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I found the queens gambit ran out of steam after a few excellent episodes.

has anyone seen the terribly named ‘American Crime’ ?

get over the name, it’s nothing to do with American horror story or any of that crap.

it’s brilliant, a social commentary on American life similar to the wire.

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

get over the name, it’s nothing to do with American horror story or any of that crap.

Agree with TQG. Watched the 1st 2 episodes and it was a decent watch. Next 3 have been a drag. Got a feeling how this is gonna end and can’t be arsed watching the last 2. 

Acting’s really good and they’ve  captured the time really well but think they’ve done too many episodes.

She’s great when she’s on screen though.

Now They See Us - 9.5/10 

One of, if not the best mini-series I've ever seen. The shit these poor lads went through, especially Corey Wise, is like hell on earth and to see what they endured but still came out to the other side is very inspiring. I'm glad they got the justice they deserved and a hefty paycheck that will make the rest of their lives a lot more comfortable. Not that it's close to being worth it. 

From a production point of view it's a masterpiece from the casting, acting, direction, cinematography and soundtrack.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Now They See Us - 9.5/10 

One of, if not the best mini-series I've ever seen. The shit these poor lads went through, especially Corey Wise, is like hell on earth and to see what they endured but still came out to the other side is very inspiring. I'm glad they got the justice they deserved and a hefty paycheck that will make the rest of their lives a lot more comfortable. Not that it's close to being worth it. 

From a production point of view it's a masterpiece from the casting, acting, direction, cinematography and soundtrack.

100% agree. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Not yet but I’ll get to it at some point. You’re right about the mini series though. One of the best I’ve ever seen. 

I've just watched the Oprah thing, very good once the real guys come out halfway through. Korey Wise definitely has learning difficulties a lot worse than portrayed in the series, he's pretty diminutive as well so I imagine a 16 year version of him in an adult prison led to horrific abuse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've just watched the Oprah thing, very good once the real guys come out halfway through. Corey Wise definitely has learning difficulties a lot worse than portrayed in the series, he's pretty diminutive as well so I imagine a 16 year version of him in an adult prison led to horrific abuse.

I’ll have to watch it. What happened to him was beyond awful. I know they all got big payouts but no amount of money makes up for the way they were treated, especially Korey Wise. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

American Crime Story? The one with Felicity Huffman and the same actors switch roles in each of the three series? Its not bad.

3 hours ago, redheart said:

WandaVision

Started poorly but is now superb 8/10

Elizabeth Olsen would seriously get in especially dressed as per the 80s sitcom

Agreed. It’s great. So many hints of what’s to come in the wider MCU everywhere you look. 

3 hours ago, redheart said:

WandaVision

Started poorly but is now superb 8/10

Elizabeth Olsen would seriously get in especially dressed as per the 80s sitcom

Id love to introduce this version of her to today’s breakdown of morals in society 

14D80EF0-EE4D-43AE-9B74-987136D4AFF3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Finally got round to watching It’s a sin. Really good though the Stephen Fry cameo feels very tacked on. Definitely got something in my eye at the end, not crying honestly. 

Use a sock, it stops it from squirting too far.

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

As I’ve got older, I’ve become a hopeless weeper. Adverts, dead gays, families being reunited, pretty much anything sets me off.

Whatever floats your boat. 

As far as the seeping and weeping goes, maybe man-kegels or a day or two off from polishing the joystick would help build up the boiler pressure again. 

22 hours ago, Elite said:

I've just watched the Oprah thing, very good once the real guys come out halfway through. Korey Wise definitely has learning difficulties a lot worse than portrayed in the series, he's pretty diminutive as well so I imagine a 16 year version of him in an adult prison led to horrific abuse.

I actually think the Oprah thing elevates it from good to brilliant. The programme itself is very emotional and invokes a feeling of revulsion to what happens. But the Oprah part makes it not a TV show and really hits home the reality of it all in a way hopefully most of us never have to live with..

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I actually think the Oprah thing elevates it from good to brilliant. The programme itself is very emotional and invokes a feeling of revulsion to what happens. But the Oprah part makes it not a TV show and really hits home the reality of it all in a way hopefully most of us never have to live with..

Yeah it was really good. You could tell the emotion from the cast was genuine when the five guys were speaking.

Korey Wise clearly has some form of learning disability which makes it all the more sadder than he was allowed to be treated that way, not that the other guys didn't have it really shit either but they've at least managed to piece their lives back together somewhat and all have families.

The director has and should receive tons of credit, she did an amazing job putting it all together.

• Upvote 1

On 12/02/2021 at 00:02, Brownie said:

Really enjoying Ramy, feels like a refreshing change compared to some of the stuff out there.

Just finished season 2 and I enjoyed this despite Ramy.  Found myself enjoying the episodes that focus on the other characters.

It's odd to have a show where the titular character is such an annoying, dumb, irritating, insipid little douchebag, he just got worse the longer it went on, more stuttery and more unlikeable.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of WandaVision last night, I enjoyed it straight away but it's slowly becoming very interesting. I haven't seen the first two Avengers movies so can somebody please explain how Ultron fits into the narrative?

Ultron killed Wanda's brother in Age of Ultron and devasted her home city of Sokovia fighting the Avengers. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Ultron killed Wanda's brother in Age of Ultron and devasted her home city of Sokovia fighting the Avengers. 

Nice one.

I didn't think I'd be into this show as much as I am, I like some of the movies but don't generally watch the Marvel TV shows but this show is unique and not formulaic at all.

Discount any other Marvel TV show as they never really dovetailed with the MCU anyway. Marvel's film and TV sections were not on the best of terms. Now it's all under the movie section and any TV show is fully entwined with the MCU.

WandaVision makes it clear that these are film concepts stretched out to TV mini-series length. Sort of like Netflix and their 'our show is really a 10 hour movie' bollocks, but without the need to make every episode 55 minutes and more.