You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Mr Mercedes worth watching?

59 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Give it a go. Its not bad at all.

Yep, it's pretty good. Bit of a slow burner, but enjoyable all the same. It's a damn sight better than The Outsider on Netflix anyway, mainly because Holly's character is true to the books and not some genius polymath.

• Upvote 2

The Stand

***Spoilers***

Why did I waste my time watching this pile of utter shite? Great book, deserving far better than the terrible TV movie / mini-series of 20 odd years back. They've obviously splashed the cash here but this new series was even worse than that old 4 parter.

I've just finished watching the final part, Coda: Franny In The Well, and apparently it took King 4 years to write this additional ending. Fuck me, he needs to hang his pen up for good because this was a complete abortion.

Not as bad as last week's episode, The Stand, though. That episode is very probably the single worst episode of television I have ever seen.

The climax, when Flagg and his acolytes murder the Boulder martyrs, has never been done even remotely well but this version was something else. A supposed society of killers, hoodlums, murderers, rapists, terrorists  and kiddie fiddlers coming across in a choreographed disco dance, the Village People would kick the living shit out of these fucking fairies, Flagg being the worst of, with his stick on stunt beard and neatly coiffured swept back duck's arse.

0/10 is insulting to 0.

Sub Crossroads, hideous.

• Upvote 2

Unbelievable on Netflix. Toni Collette makes this show and she takes a few episodes to appear in it. She's a top, top actress. The story is, well, unbelievable but according to the blurb it is based on a real event. 8.5/10

On 08/02/2021 at 22:48, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Marcella 6/10

British detective drama. A bit farfetched, acting can be a bit shit, just a few plot holes here and there. Overall it's watchable. If I watched it alone I'd have chucked it actually but the gf likes it so happy enough to plod through the rest.

On 08/02/2021 at 22:53, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched the first series with my Ma, she loved it but I absolutely fucking detested it pretty much for the reasons you state.

The gf still likes it so I'm still watching it, but fuck me, it is getting MORE ridiculous. Season two was worse and i'm 3 episodes into season 3 and my eyes are in danger of rolling back into my head permanently. 

About 3 times an episode now I just let out a "oh for fuck sake, really? dead on."

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Stand

***Spoilers***

Why did I waste my time watching this pile of utter shite? Great book, deserving far better than the terrible TV movie / mini-series of 20 odd years back. They've obviously splashed the cash here but this new series was even worse than that old 4 parter.

I've just finished watching the final part, Coda: Franny In The Well, and apparently it took King 4 years to write this additional ending. Fuck me, he needs to hang his pen up for good because this was a complete abortion.

Not as bad as last week's episode, The Stand, though. That episode is very probably the single worst episode of television I have ever seen.

The climax, when Flagg and his acolytes murder the Boulder martyrs, has never been done even remotely well but this version was something else. A supposed society of killers, hoodlums, murderers, rapists, terrorists  and kiddie fiddlers coming across in a choreographed disco dance, the Village People would kick the living shit out of these fucking fairies, Flagg being the worst of, with his stick on stunt beard and neatly coiffured swept back duck's arse.

0/10 is insulting to 0.

Sub Crossroads, hideous.

Angers me how they've made a mess of that.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The gf still likes it so I'm still watching it, but fuck me, it is getting MORE ridiculous. Season two was worse and i'm 3 episodes into season 3 and my eyes are in danger of rolling back into my head permanently. 

About 3 times an episode now I just let out a "oh for fuck sake, really? dead on."

Friel seems to have a reputation as a fine actress, how? She is fucking awful.

• Upvote 2

On 10/02/2021 at 11:19, Elite said:

Mr Mercedes worth watching?

I watched 9 episodes back to back on a flight to Australia. Only watched season 1, it's worth a watch. I struggled to see where they could go with another season and never bothered following up on it.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Stand

***Spoilers***

0/10 is insulting to 0.

Sub Crossroads, hideous.

Sound like you took one for the team. I actually quite enjoyed the '90s series though, Flagg was poorly cast, but the rest fitted pretty well and at least they told the story in a linear fashion rather than via the tediously in vogue flashback bollocks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Assume you finished Zerozerozero? 

Having a bit of a nightmare with that with streams. I either find one with no subtitles or one that's dubbed in Dutch or some shit. Managed to watch 4 but it's becoming a ball ache to find a high quality link that it deserves to be watch on.

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

Having a bit of a nightmare with that with streams. I either find one with no subtitles or one that's dubbed in Dutch or some shit. Managed to watch 4 but it's becoming a ball ache to find a high quality link that it deserves to be watch on.

Yeah best waiting mate 

30 minutes ago, Elite said:

Kodi > Exodus Redux > The very first stream that shows up. Assuming you’ve got Real Debrid, that is. 

We watched the first episode last night. It was late and I was half asleep, kind of nodding off. Gonna pick it back up tonight. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I watched 9 episodes back to back on a flight to Australia. Only watched season 1, it's worth a watch. I struggled to see where they could go with another season and never bothered following up on it.

Is it not just based on the next book in the trilogy Finders Keepers?