You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Finally got round to watching World's Strongest Man. Channel 5 have really honed the production with James Richardson and Eddie Hall presenting and Danny Wallace and Colin Bryce commentating. Very entertaining.

The main problem is the event is in the summer so this coverage is 6 months delayed. That might have been okay years ago and I always enjoyed watching it at Christmas when I was growing up, but now in the age of social media etc you can't be showing a competitive event half a year after its happened. It was ridiculous when Eddie Hall won a couple of years ago and wasn't even allowed to talk about it. 

Obviously it's a Christmas/New Year TV tradition, so I'm not sure what the solution is. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Finally got round to watching World's Strongest Man. Channel 5 have really honed the production with James Richardson and Eddie Hall presenting and Danny Wallace and Colin Bryce commentating. Very entertaining.

The main problem is the event is in the summer so this coverage is 6 months delayed. That might have been okay years ago and I always enjoyed watching it at Christmas when I was growing up, but now in the age of social media etc you can't be showing a competitive event half a year after its happened. It was ridiculous when Eddie Hall won a couple of years ago and wasn't even allowed to talk about it. 

Obviously it's a Christmas/New Year TV tradition, so I'm not sure what the solution is. 

I watched it over Christmas which is my/the tradition as you say. I'm not on any social media anymore so find it easy to avoid the result. Quite a poor standard this time due to 2019 full podium all being injured and covid being a factor.

I love it though and I've watched every year since I was a kid. Can't believe Felix is still competing, he's about 54 or something crazy.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Elite said:

I watched it over Christmas which is my/the tradition as you say. I'm not on any social media anymore so find it easy to avoid the result. Quite a poor standard this time due to 2019 full podium all being injured and covid being a factor.

I love it though and I've watched every year since I was a kid. Can't believe Felix is still competing, he's about 54 or something crazy.

Yeah I think we've come to the end of a golden generation which started with Big Z, through Brian Shaw, Eddie Hall and Hafthor. Plenty of other contenders around as well. Had never heard of the winner but if he keeps fit then I could see him winning a few he was strong as fuck. 

I follow all the strong men (and to be fair and equal I follow the female Instagram fitness models because I'm unbiased like that) and am on a few strength groups on Facebook so I knew who had won as soon as it happened.

Still, Channel 5 put on a good show and it's a nice tradition. 

So today the finale of the current series 5 of The Expanse is released on Prime. Now I've really enjoyed this show, it blows away the other sci-fi shite that is currently out there. 

This series had me a little worried, it started to appear as if it had become a soap opera. Fortunately it didn't take long to get back to what it does best, even if the last few episodes have seemed at times drawn out a little. 

Each episode is released on a Wednesday and I patiently wait until Friday evening to enjoy watching them. But it's going to take monumental self control to not just watch it today as I hope to see all the character plot lines drawn together in what I hope is a thrilling conclusion to the series. 

I've just checked, it's there. Must find something to do to distract myself.

1 hour ago, Poster said:

So today the finale of the current series 5 of The Expanse is released on Prime. Now I've really enjoyed this show, it blows away the other sci-fi shite that is currently out there. 

This series had me a little worried, it started to appear as if it had become a soap opera. Fortunately it didn't take long to get back to what it does best, even if the last few episodes have seemed at times drawn out a little. 

Each episode is released on a Wednesday and I patiently wait until Friday evening to enjoy watching them. But it's going to take monumental self control to not just watch it today as I hope to see all the character plot lines drawn together in what I hope is a thrilling conclusion to the series. 

I've just checked, it's there. Must find something to do to distract myself.

I've tried to watch that a few times and it never grabs me. I watched the first two seasons in the last 2 weeks and don't feel compelled to watch any more, I just find it incredibly dull. I think it's one of those shows that you'll find entirely captivating or a bit of a chore, sadly I'm in the latter. I really wanted to like it.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

If they've not been mentioned, It's A Sin is fucking superb, as is Zerozerozero

I've only watched the first episode but it was brilliant, the scene with the little girl was grim though but sadly that's the kind of horrible shit that happens.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

If they've not been mentioned, It's A Sin is fucking superb, as is Zerozerozero. 

Where have you found this? saw it advertised on Sky Atlantic but an't find it On-Demand. is it just a weekly epsode I have to be in time for? 

Started Boardwalk Empire instead and its decent so far. 

• Upvote 2

Man Down

I had watched the odd episode here and there but it is now on Netflix so binged. 

I absolutely loved it, total farce and he is a great, sad and pathetic character. 

8/10  A lot of side hurting laugh out load moments. 

I never to used to like Greg Davies but recently he has grown on me, which is probably another reason I hadn't watch it. I imagine it will have re-watch value as well. Whilst there are themes running through the series each episode it easily stand alone. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where have you found this? saw it advertised on Sky Atlantic but an't find it On-Demand. is it just a weekly epsode I have to be in time for? 

Boardwalk Empire is utterly brilliant. Stick with it because there are so many truly great characters to introduce that it does take a while to get moving.

Series 3 with Gyp Rosetti remains one of the very best series of telly I have ever seen, and Jimmy's ma would get it several times with the same hard on. Gorgeous.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Man Down

I had watched the odd episode here and there but it is now on Netflix so binged. 

I absolutely loved it, total farce and he is a great, sad and pathetic character. 

8/10  A lot of side hurting laugh out load moments. 

I never to used to like Greg Davies but recently he has grown on me, which is probably another reason I hadn't watch it. I imagine it will have re-watch value as well. Whilst there are themes running through the series each episode it easily stand alone. 

Personal preference of course, but I preferred Cuckoo to Man Down, not huge amounts in it though.

His turn in The Inbetweeners was also brilliant but more of a minor role. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Boardwalk Empire is utterly brilliant. Stick with it because there are so many truly great characters to introduce that it does take a while to get moving.

Series 3 with Gyp Rosetti remains one of the very best series of telly I have ever seen, and Jimmy's ma would get it several times with the same hard on. Gorgeous.

Enjoying it. Stephen Graham as Al Capone is a nasty little fucker. 

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I've tried to watch that a few times and it never grabs me. I watched the first two seasons in the last 2 weeks and don't feel compelled to watch any more, I just find it incredibly dull. I think it's one of those shows that you'll find entirely captivating or a bit of a chore, sadly I'm in the latter. I really wanted to like it.

Yeah I've tried too but it just seems like a space version of Emmerdale. Eye candy, bit of drama with no obvious end game. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Personal preference of course, but I preferred Cuckoo to Man Down, not huge amounts in it though.

His turn in The Inbetweeners was also brilliant but more of a minor role. 

Not seen Cuckoo, as I said I didn't really like him so had been avoiding his stuff. Will give Cuckoo a go at some point. Thanks. 

I think the Inbetweeners is what put me off. I knew he had been a teacher in real life and he was just a shouty idiot, good character but my negative slant at the time. Then in Man Down, he was an idiot shouty teacher. Oh fucking great I thought, great range, I could not have been more wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

ZeroZeroZero starts tonight on Atlantic I think.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yeah I've tried too but it just seems like a space version of Emmerdale. Eye candy, bit of drama with no obvious end game. 

Emmerdale?

You're obviously watching a different show then. But to be fair, it is a bit of a slow burn show. However the character and world building is ace and that's why a lot of people who watch it are invested in the story. I'll be watching the finale after I finish work.