You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

One thing I really liked about Life On Mars is the way it steadfastly refused to get drawn into faux-nostalgia, like some shitty "I ❤ the Seventies" show.

Ashes to Ashes failed in that  regard, so it was unwatchable. 

Apart from series 2 of LOM.

In Series 1 it was very much 70s shit and modern life better. In series 2 due to the success of series 1 this changed a bit and it became 70s ace and modern life shit

11 hours ago, Paul said:

WandaVision went up several notches with E4. The connections to the MCU are becoming clearer now. 

Maybe they should have led with that episode and then gone into the three sitcom episodes?

Storyline clearly taking it's cue from House of M.

• Upvote 1

Off topic a bit but how fucking talented is that badly fella Gregg Wallace?  He's on one side judging the way contestants cook spaghetti bolognese and I've just seen him on the other side talking to sick animals in a sanctuary in Africa. He s also to be found on radio spinning old Dean Martin records.

I've got to admit I see or hear him and I immediately turn him off, hes a little to awe inspiring for me.

Edit, just turned back over and hes now swimming with penguins.

Just finished The Undoing - wasn't too fussed to be honest, thought it started well be drifted badly. It felt to me like it might have made a good film, it certainly didn't need 6 hours to tell that story. 6/10. 

I'm also on Servant at the moment, an Apple TV one. I beggining to wish I'd just stopped at the end of season one. It's just too weird for me. 

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just finished The Undoing - wasn't too fussed to be honest, thought it started well be drifted badly. It felt to me like it might have made a good film, it certainly didn't need 6 hours to tell that story. 6/10. 

I'm also on Servant at the moment, an Apple TV one. I beggining to wish I'd just stopped at the end of season one. It's just too weird for me. 

Yeah mate, I watched Servant when it first aired, like you say weird, and that's just Ron Weasley's American accent.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah mate, I watched Servant when it first aired, like you say weird, and that's just Ron Weasley's American accent.

It gets more weird in season 2 as you might imagine when that story continues even after how season 1 ended. It's like they've had a bet to see how long they can stretch it out without someone burning down Apple TV to make it stop. 

On 30/01/2021 at 09:21, RedKnight said:

Maybe they should have led with that episode and then gone into the three sitcom episodes?

Storyline clearly taking it's cue from House of M.

Yeah - or maybe just intercut a bit more. Think they just went too heavy on the sitcoms stuff. One episode without explanation would’ve been more than enough. Get to the Monica R reveal in E2 and then cut back and forth. I still like that they tried it though, even if it was too disorientating. 

I feel pretty confident it’s going to

be ace now though. 

Just now, Paul said:

Yeah - or maybe just intercut a bit more. Think they just went too heavy on the sitcoms stuff. One episode without explanation would’ve been more than enough. Get to the Monica R reveal in E2 and then cut back and forth. I still like that they tried it though, even if it was too disorientating. 

I feel pretty confident it’s going to

be ace now though. 

I said after the 2nd ep that if this was a Marvel movie those sequences would be a maximum of 15 minutes in total. 90 minutes of them was just too much because they could. Not that I'm surprised in a show called WandaVision where a clearly grieving Wanda makes the world as she wants to see it.

8 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I said after the 2nd ep that if this was a Marvel movie those sequences would be a maximum of 15 minutes in total. 90 minutes of them was just too much because they could. Not that I'm surprised in a show called WandaVision where a clearly grieving Wanda makes the world as she wants to see it.

You did indeed say that. 

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Off topic a bit but how fucking talented is that badly fella Gregg Wallace?  He's on one side judging the way contestants cook spaghetti bolognese and I've just seen him on the other side talking to sick animals in a sanctuary in Africa. He s also to be found on radio spinning old Dean Martin records.

I've got to admit I see or hear him and I immediately turn him off, hes a little to awe inspiring for me.

He hates the cancer sufferers though

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

How did he get TV work  hes a Green Grocer.

On 29/01/2021 at 22:36, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Fargo - Season 1

Binged it over a few days. Really good, but it goes beyond quaintly absurd in places, and probably could've been a couple of episodes shorter. Preferred the subsequent seasons overall.

Absolutely brilliant that, fantastic characters too. Mike milligan and the kitchen brothers. 

• Upvote 1

Watched that Resident Alien sky have been promoting like mad recently. Fuck me, the ultimate plot line running through it shows through about half way through the pilot. But I wont spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Supposed to be a comedy but only one of two gags made me laugh. 4 out of 10.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 25/01/2021 at 16:34, Red74 said:

Has anyone gave Spiral a go yet?

French detective series on iplayer. Looking to fill the void of finishing the serpent and starting to see this show pop up in the twitter conversations and getting good ratings. 

All help would be appreciated. 

regards

Yeah, love it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Are Tyson Fury and Kinahan on it ?

Yes, to be honest I thought it was going to be about the history of it and showing various boxing through the years and it's dealings. 

It was good though i thought, but at the same time pissing you off about the arseholes involved. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Watched that Resident Alien sky have been promoting like mad recently. Fuck me, the ultimate plot line running through it shows through about half way through the pilot. But I wont spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Supposed to be a comedy but only one of two gags made me laugh. 4 out of 10.

I assume this was revenge Negged by that utter scumbag cunt Daisy? Fixed. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, skend04 said:

Lupin - 5 easy watch, episodes that aren't really what you expect them to be after the first episode. It's got that French charm about it and kind of reminds you a bit of The Hustle. 8/10

Im watching that too. Sort of like a French version of Burn Notice. Formulaic fun that requires little involvement of the brain.