You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

25 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Just watched it, I found it a bit disappointing to be honest. Not as sharp as it usually is, bit mawkish and Meg's drunken schtick has got really old. Still miles better than most Christmas stuff though. 

Didn’t mean just the Christmas special. Watched that and then rewatched series one. 

This Billy Connolly show is a hard watch, it’s like him watching his own obituary. 

He was a staple when I was growing up, in the days when there were chat shows 5 nights a week he lit them all up. Absolute genius.

(Second only to Kenneth Williams IMO, but that’s no disgrace) 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This Billy Connolly show is a hard watch, it’s like him watching his own obituary. 

He was a staple when I was growing up, in the days when there were chat shows 5 nights a week he lit them all up. Absolute genius.

(Second only to Kenneth Williams IMO, but that’s no disgrace) 

Saw him on the London Apollo in December 1983 when he was at the height of his powers and it remains the funniest concert I have ever attended. The date remains prominent in my mind as we visited Harrods on the Saturday morning a couple of hours before the IRA bombing there.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Death to 2020. 7.5/10. Charlie Brooker's "screenwipe" for Netflix. Different format to the usual annual updates and not as good in my opinion but fun to watch.

Barely pushing 6/10 for me. This sort of Brooker stuff works much better when he's doing it. This was really heavy-handed, predictable stuff, far too US-focussed and pretty much ignored the Western Covid second wave in favour of a handful of Trump's post-election defeats. Disappointing.

14 hours ago, sir roger said:

Saw him on the London Apollo in December 1983 when he was at the height of his powers and it remains the funniest concert I have ever attended. The date remains prominent in my mind as we visited Harrods on the Saturday morning a couple of hours before the IRA bombing there.

I saw him there too, but must have been about 10 years after that. But just the same, it was fucking funny. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Industry - 7/10. Like This Life but with more sex and drugs. The characters are all vile but it’s strangely compelling. 

I've got that queued up to watch, but I'm finding it hard to get the enthusiasm there to watch it. It probably sounds daft, but I think the name is shit and I'm finding it hard to get passed that!

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've got that queued up to watch, but I'm finding it hard to get the enthusiasm there to watch it. It probably sounds daft, but I think the name is shit and I'm finding it hard to get passed that!

I have it higher than 7/10, maybe an 8. The characters are all vile but they do it very well.

Definitely worth watching. 

• Upvote 2

The Night Manager - 10/10. I’m years late to this but it’s fucking brilliant. A genuinely tense spy/crime thriller and the best Le Carré adaptation I’ve seen.

The casting is fantastic. I hated Tom Hiddlestone when this was first on which is probably why I swerved it. How wrong I was though; he’s superb. However, Olivia Coleman, Tom Hollander and Hugh Laurie are all brilliant too. 

I assume it was co-financed by a US production company as the production values are sky high with incredible locations. In fact that gaff in Mallorca is my idea of heaven on earth. 

If anyone else is as daft as I was and missed it first time around, get on it. It’s available on iPlayer. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve been watching Spanish horror series 30 Coins having found a HBO Europe stream with English subtitles. They’ve shown five of the eight episodes so far.

Mixed bag. The opening scene of the first episode promised something global story wise but then the first two episodes centred around a small Spanish village. It was becoming a bit soap operish and almost veering into comedic territory and I nearly gave up on it. However episodes 3-5 have opened things up and fulfilled more of the initial promise, and it’s gotten very interesting so I’m glad I stuck with it.

Big Sky. I've just watched the latest installment, episode 5 season 1. I would say it's the best start to an ABC show I can remember, maybe Lost was the last one this good. It's a good cast, a bit of a mental (but good) story line (I don't want to say too much in case I give early parts of the story away), some great views of Montana (or wherever they've filmed pretending to be Montana) and a couple of surprising things happen (again don't want to give too much away) that make it feel more a hbo/showtime kind of thing than a network (and certainly ABC) show. 8/10 so far.