You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know people who don't like it. You can't take it too serious, but I really enjoyed it. I think one of the seasons might have got fucked up a bit with a writer's strike - the same one that cut short season 1 of breaking bad. 

Which season was that, can't say I noticed and I'm usually quite good at spotting stuff like that.

The worst example of the writers strike affecting shows that I remember was Friday Night Lights, can't remember which season but it's like they completely gave up on some plot lines and they were never mentioned again. Spoiled what was otherwise a great show.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Which season was that, can't say I noticed and I'm usually quite good at spotting stuff like that.

The worst example of the writers strike affecting shows that I remember was Friday Night Lights, can't remember which season but it's like they completely gave up on some plot lines and they were never mentioned again. Spoiled what was otherwise a great show.

I don't remember to be honest. It might not have been the writer's strike, but there was something happened that fucked them up with writers. Maybe season 3. It could have been 4. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't remember to be honest. It might not have been the writer's strike, but there was something happened that fucked them up with writers. Maybe season 3. It could have been 4. 

The Sons of Anarchy writers started on the LSD around season 4. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I think it was related.to this... Think they also had to find new writers. 

https://www-hollywoodreporter-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/hell-wheels-on-hold-showrunner-385382?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16069440697395&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Flive-feed%2Fhell-wheels-on-hold-showrunner-385382

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I was waiting to watch the one about Nuremberg last night, but fell asleep, bastard, it looked good so I'm hoping it will be on again, catch up maybe?

It would of been fascinating to of witnessed that. 

Was that the one on CH5 last night ? If so, you get it on catch up on 5OD

https://www.channel5.com/show/the-worlds-biggest-murder-trial-nuremberg/

Few shows I’ve watched recently:

sillicon valley - 7.5/10 enjoyed this a lot. Some brilliant lines and some good characters. Shame Bachman left early but seems to have been a bit of a dick and fell out with others.

the undoing - 8/10, really well put together. I can see why some people won’t like it too much but it’s enjoyable and not to mention that Elena isn’t shy... 

Barry - 7.5/10 silly but immensely enjoyable. 

come dine with me - haven’t seen it for a while Dave lamb always cracks me up. A tv show that shouldn’t work but is great for passing the time 9/10.

9 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

sillicon valley - 7.5/10 enjoyed this a lot. Some brilliant lines and some good characters. Shame Bachman left early but seems to have been a bit of a dick and fell out with others.

the undoing - 8/10, really well put together. I can see why some people won’t like it too much but it’s enjoyable and not to mention that Elena isn’t shy... 

come dine with me - haven’t seen it for a while Dave lamb always cracks me up. A tv show that shouldn’t work but is great for passing the time 9/10.

Haven't seen it yet but I've just googled Elena and yeah I'll be watching it. 

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Barry is one of my favourite current shows. In a similar way, I really enjoyed Get Shorty too - although after 3 seasons it has sadly been cancelled i believe. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Barry is one of my favourite current shows. In a similar way, I really enjoyed Get Shorty too - although after 3 seasons it has sadly been cancelled i believe. 

I thought Get Shorty was lagging a bit myself but it seemed to have been cancelled after 7 episodes,or at least that was all I saw of season 3?

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Haven't seen it yet but I've just googled Elena and yeah I'll be watching it. 

The Undoing is a great show, the first episode is very slow but it kicks into gear and has me hooked. Watching the final episode tonight! 

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought Get Shorty was lagging a bit myself but it seemed to have been cancelled after 7 episodes,or at least that was all I saw of season 3?

The 7 episodes was planned for season 3. They haven't officially canned it I don't think, they just haven't renewed it either and it was on this time last year. 

Barry is probably better than get shorty, but they're both really enjoyable, with a similar style of writing and humour I thought. I'd certainly be happy if the did a 4th season

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The 7 episodes was planned for season 3. They haven't officially canned it I don't think, they just haven't renewed it either and it was on this time last year. 

Barry is probably better than get shorty, but they're both really enjoyable, with a similar style of writing and humour I thought. I'd certainly be happy if the did a 4th season

Barry is good. The characters are very good as well.

Just watched one on PBS America about Alex Jones, I'd only heard or read a few bits about him but what a fuckin' loon, spreading conspiracy theories on everything from the Twin Towers, obviously, but even Sandy Hook was staged and Hilary Clinton was part of a Paedophile ring and a serial killer. 

Incredible, getting not much  airtime he resurfaced with the onset of the Internet and all the social media shit and where loons abound. 

Some of it was nasty, the Internet has some serious downsides to it. 

Some probably already know about him I suppose, mad world. 

18 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Just watched one on PBS America about Alex Jones, I'd only heard or read a few bits about him but what a fuckin' loon, spreading conspiracy theories on everything from the Twin Towers, obviously, but even Sandy Hook was staged and Hilary Clinton was part of a Paedophile ring and a serial killer. 

Incredible, getting not much  airtime he resurfaced with the onset of the Internet and all the social media shit and where loons abound. 

Some of it was nasty, the Internet has some serious downsides to it. 

Some probably already know about him I suppose, mad world. 

And the cunt never even sang the song in The Snowman.

• Upvote 3

Started watching Pennyworth last night and it's really good so was pleasantly surprised. The reviews on IMDB were good also which made me give it a go.

Based in London in the 60's it's the back story to Alfred Pennyworth (butler to Wayne family/Bruce Wayne/Batman) who after leaving the army sets up his own security firm as well as a bouncer in a exoticdancing club. Don't have to be a fan of Batman or comics as so far it just feels like a non-related show. It's dark, violent and that Paloma Faith is in it and is really quite good/menacing.