You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Or just set it in modern times rather than yet another period drama?

But the point of the story is that it was set in the Cold War era when the Soviets used Chess as a source of national pride and women Chess players- let alone good ones- were vanishingly rare

I watched that DB Cooper Storyville doc and got to say, I was completely underwhelmed. It's a great story but it was told against the backdrop of the usual whackjob Yanks and wannabe grifters. It bored me rigid tbh. Storyville is a top notch series of documentaries too, most unlike them this misfire.

21 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched that DB Cooper Storyville doc and got to say, I was completely underwhelmed. It's a great story but it was told against the backdrop of the usual whackjob Yanks and wannabe grifters. It bored me rigid tbh. Storyville is a top notch series of documentaries too, most unlike them this misfire.

It was good but I know what you mean, it's not often Storyville is mediocre 

Agree about Storyville. Been raving about it on here for years. 

Question for anyone that’s got that BritBox thing... Does it have the back catalogue of Storyville? It’s always nice when they throw a couple of older ones on iplayer but there’s some that they never repeat. Always wanted to rewatch some of them with no joy. Shooting Bigfoot was a particular favourite but there've been many more. 

I’ve heard britbox is full of daytime ITV4 crap.

Great Storyville episodes I saw recently are Pepe the frog and one about Franco’s death squads. Also Chechnya’s gay purge was tough to watch but an excellent film.

Also just finished ‘I may destroy you’ on iplayer, it was one of the best things I’ve seen for ages.

19 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The casting is brilliant but the writing is fucking unreal. 

Yeah, in my view Sorkin is easily the best writer of dialogue. He's something else, and West Wing is packed full of amazing examples. I mean, it's a bit jingoistic at times, but it does balance itself out with self-criticism. I think it's time for that rewatch I've been planning.