You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Finally going to start Season 6 of The Americans, some of the earlier seasons are a slot but I need to know how it ends. No spoilers you cunts!

What seasons specifically were a slot? 

I've just watched the 1st episode of Big Sky the latest thing from David E Kelly. I wasn't expecting much as it's on ABC and I did a quick Google before starting it didn't get the best scores from the review sites (which with American TV may have doomed it already). But I really enjoyed it, there's some decent actors in it, it's beautifully shot (and some great scenic views of Montana) and it seems an intriguing story line. I was surprised how the pilot ended. I will certainly be giving it another go and I'm looking forward to episode 2. 7.5/10

Yellowstone (with Kevin Costner). Minus two zillion out of four gazillion and zillionty three. Came highly recommended, so we paid upfront for Series 1 on Prime. A chance for Costner to show us something decent at last. No chance - although scenery aside, the acting was the least of the problems. A script and storyline so ludicrous, so wisible (sic), so utterly preposterous, it made Stallone's lamentable Cliffhanger seem like a work of genius. 

Years ago I had a few days alone on the beach in Sitges. Homsville for those that don't know. I was reading a book and seriously laughing out loud. A group of guys nearby eventually asked what I was laughing at. I didn't tell them the title, just read out a few sentences; to much amusement. For good measure, I asked them to name a page and paragraph at random and I'd read it out. The lot of us ended up roaring. It was relentless. Almost any page number they chose, any paragraph, and we'd be howling. It was Donna cunting Tartt's "The Secret History" which had been equally highly recommended. As appalling a book as I've had the misfortune to read. I finished it only through sheer bloodymindedness and in the crazy hope there might be some salvation towards the end. There was none. 

And nor would there be had Mr rb14 and I watched anything beyond the first ten minutes into episode three of Yellowstone. "Dire" is too much of a recommendation. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rb14 said:

Yellowstone (with Kevin Costner). Minus two zillion out of four gazillion and zillionty three. Came highly recommended, so we paid upfront for Series 1 on Prime. A chance for Costner to show us something decent at last. No chance - although scenery aside, the acting was the least of the problems. A script and storyline so ludicrous, so wisible (sic), so utterly preposterous, it made Stallone's lamentable Cliffhanger seem like a work of genius. 

Years ago I had a few days alone on the beach in Sitges. Homsville for those that don't know. I was reading a book and seriously laughing out loud. A group of guys nearby eventually asked what I was laughing at. I didn't tell them the title, just read out a few sentences; to much amusement. For good measure, I asked them to name a page and paragraph at random and I'd read it out. The lot of us ended up roaring. It was relentless. Almost any page number they chose, any paragraph, and we'd be howling. It was Donna cunting Tartt's "The Secret History" which had been equally highly recommended. As appalling a book as I've had the misfortune to read. I finished it only through sheer bloodymindedness and in the crazy hope there might be some salvation towards the end. There was none. 

And nor would there be had Mr rb14 and I watched anything beyond the first ten minutes into episode three of Yellowstone. "Dire" is too much of a recommendation. 

Series 3 is excellent. It's a slow burner for me. 

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

Spot on about “The Secret History”, what a loaf of cack that book is.

• Upvote 1

Slow fucking burner my arse.

Reveal hidden contents

Haunting of Bly Manor - was okay but fell short of the greatness of Hill House. The novella is much shorter and unlike Hill House I don't think the writer managed to effectively add storyline to it. If Netflix allowed a shorter season this could have been much better. Still there are genuinely creepy moments and worth an easy binge 6.75/10

Truth Seekers 7.5/10 - I know people here didn't stick with it but I'm not sure why. It's pretty good, and purposely not a laugh a minute. There are again some genuine creepy moments in this too. Hopefully they get another series as I think they could have a solid show here.

Loving Warrior on Sky One at the minute, you can definitely tell it's made by the same people who did Banshee right up to the bar even being called by it and the fight scenes and the gratuitous nudity

Also helps that Olivia Cheng who plays the brothel madame (nicely named A Toy) is incredibly hot

Olivia Cheng's Feet << wikiFeet

The latest Storyville on iPlayer is very good. 

The Hijacker Who Vanished: The Mystery of DB Cooper. 

The 1970s. A man hijacks a plane. It lands, the passengers get off and 4 parachutes and $200,000 get on. It takes off again and the hijacker decides to parachute out of the plane at 10,000 feet. He/she (you'll find out why I included both genders) then totally disappears off the face of the earth, with the only physical evidence being $3,000 of the ransom washing up on a river bank months later. 

The documentary obviously looks at the incident, but mainly focuses on 5 people who were suspected of being DB Cooper. A very good watch and Marla Cooper is a MILF/GILF. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The latest Storyville on iPlayer is very good. 

The Hijacker Who Vanished: The Mystery of DB Cooper. 

The 1970s. A man hijacks a plane. It lands, the passengers get off and 4 parachutes and $200,000 get on. It takes off again and the hijacker decides to parachute out of the plane at 10,000 feet. He/she (you'll find out why I included both genders) then totally disappears off the face of the earth, with the only physical evidence being $3,000 of the ransom washing up on a river bank months later. 

The documentary obviously looks at the incident, but mainly focuses on 5 people who were suspected of being DB Cooper. A very good watch and Marla Cooper is a MILF/GILF. 

Yeah seen that, it was good.