You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Palin travels were great, but it can become a tired excuse for a free holiday for underwhelming celebrities or chefs. For instance the BBC obviously had the dark haired girl from Mel and Sue on a contract for the Bake Off and no idea what to do with her once it went to C4.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The Palin travels were great, but it can become a tired excuse for a free holiday for underwhelming celebrities or chefs. For instance the BBC obviously had the dark haired girl from Mel and Sue on a contract for the Bake Off and no idea what to do with her once it went to C4.

What a gig to get though. Can hardly blame them for taking it up.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Just watching about Play for Today on Bbc4, some good stuff they done, 

Was it this? https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/oct/12/drama-out-of-a-crisis-a-celebration-of-play-for-today-review-when-the-play-really-was-the-thing

Missed it last night, but I was going to watch it later today if I get a chance.

Finished Bly Manor last night, I will give it 7.5/10.

Unfair to compare with Hill House as it's a completely different story, characters and setting. As it's own story it is quite good (as mentioned on another post it's an adaption of the much done The Turn of the Screw, however Hill House was also an adaptation of another well told story so this should not be a hindrance)

I think the issue is that whilst it is as well crafted and beautifully shot, it's not as scary as Hill House so anyone expecting those jump out moments may be disappointed, there are also some dodgy accents which annoyed at first but I soon forgot about them. 

Overall I decent watch and I look forward to what Mike Flanagan brings to the next series in the anthology 

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Was it this? https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/oct/12/drama-out-of-a-crisis-a-celebration-of-play-for-today-review-when-the-play-really-was-the-thing

Missed it last night, but I was going to watch it later today if I get a chance.

I think they're going to show more, The Fishing Party, Blue Hills Remembered etc, hopefully. 

• Upvote 1

5 episodes into The Duece and really enjoying it.

James Franco and Maggie Gylenhall star in this tale of hookers, pimps, the mob and NYC sleaze. Shagging, whiskey, pussy and spunk all over the place, it's the biz so far.

Also has the best theme music of any show going, Curtis Mayfield's brilliant If There's A Hell Below (We're All Gonna Go).

Kodi - The Crew

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

James Franco and Maggie Gylenhall star in this tale of hookers, pimps, the mob and NYC sleaze. Shagging, whiskey, pussy and spunk all over the place, it's the biz so far.

Also has the best theme music of any show going, Curtis Mayfield's brilliant If There's A Hell Below (We're All Gonna Go).

Kodi - The Crew

Tune

17 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Kodi - The Crew

I thought it was boring as hell. Still have half of the last series to watch but it just doesn't attract me to it. Franco and Gyllenhall are a bit average for me but some of the other characters are pretty good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it was boring as hell. Still have half of the last series to watch but it just doesn't attract me to it. Franco and Gyllenhall are a bit average for me but some of the other characters are pretty good.

Yeah didn't engage me either.

It was okay but not something I was overly fussed with. I stopped watching after season 1.