You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just watched the new spitting image. It was pretty amusing, not sidesplitting but decent enough..I'll stick with it I think. 

Who are the writers? I remember it but it was a bit before my time to appreciate it. I know Steve Coogan was involved originally long with a few other very god comedy writers. Same ilk or new guys? 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Who are the writers? I remember it but it was a bit before my time to appreciate it. I know Steve Coogan was involved originally long with a few other very god comedy writers. Same ilk or new guys? 

There's a bit on it here.... https://inews-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/inews.co.uk/culture/television/spitting-image-2020-cast-puppets-full-list-voice-actors-when-new-series-britbox-how-watch-675891/amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16017621109126&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Finews.co.uk%2Fculture%2Ftelevision%2Fspitting-image-2020-cast-puppets-full-list-voice-actors-when-new-series-britbox-how-watch-675891

I saw something last weekend previewing it and it had someone who was one of the original writers and voices involved. But I think there's a bunch of new people too. 

Obviously it can't be the same as then, as I'm sure it will be harder to take the piss out of certain things. But it seemed pretty true to the original. 

Haunting Of Hill House - 9/10. I fell out of it halfway through last time (had a lot on at the time) but started it again and whizzed through it. Great series. Particularly loved the call back In episode 8 to the classic scene from the 60s film that made me shit my pants when I was a kid. There’s so much to take note of - little details like heads changing position on statues to watch people. Hopefully the new series will live up to it, but I fear they may tread over old ground.

• Upvote 1

We've just flown through all 4 Seasons of Preacher. I absolutely loved it - great characters, dark, funny, weird (really fucking out there at times) and an interesting slant on religion and the idea of God. Genuinely one of the best things I've watched, 9/10.

We've just started Succession, halfway through S1 it's building up nicely.

Not sure if it counts of TV as it's a single episode of about 80 mins I think, but the name suggests there'll be more episodes. - a documentary on Netflix, American Murder: the family next door. The title kind of gives away what it's all about (I wasn't familiar with the story before, although I think it made TV national news in America), but they use loads of footage from police body cams, text messages between family and friends, Facebook posts of the family in the days leading to the crime and TV new clips. I thought it was really well made and it was good if ultimately horrifying TV. 8/10. 

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not sure if it counts of TV as it's a single episode of about 80 mins I think, but the name suggests there'll be more episodes. - a documentary on Netflix, American Murder: the family next door. The title kind of gives away what it's all about (I wasn't familiar with the story before, although I think it made TV national news in America), but they use loads of footage from police body cams, text messages between family and friends, Facebook posts of the family in the days leading to the crime and TV new clips. I thought it was really well made and it was good if ultimately horrifying TV. 8/10. 

Is that about Chris Watts? That’s probably the most talked about case amongst online true crime ‘fans’. YouTube is chock full of the stuff. I must have caught my bird watching about 10 different videos about it. 

I watched the Netflix doc about the Challenger Space Shuttle last night. Thought it was very good. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is that about Chris Watts? That’s probably the most talked about case amongst online true crime ‘fans’. YouTube is chock full of the stuff. I must have caught my bird watching about 10 different videos about it. 

I watched the Netflix doc about the Challenger Space Shuttle last night. Thought it was very good. 

Yeah, that's the one. The surname was Watts anyway. 

The Alienist: Angel Of Darkness (2nd series). 8/10.

Still very good but the antagonist is more straight forward than the first series. It almost feels like Sarah Howard is the main character. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see the character get a spin off if for any reason there is no 3rd series. It feels like they’ve left it in a place where it could happily end, but with room to continue if they want.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The Alienist: Angel Of Darkness (2nd series). 8/10.

Still very good but the antagonist is more straight forward than the first series. It almost feels like Sarah Howard is the main character. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see the character get a spin off if for any reason there is no 3rd series. It feels like they’ve left it in a place where it could happily end, but with room to continue if they want.

Do you need to have watched season 1? I started it and got bored. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you need to have watched season 1? I started it and got bored. 

You can get by without it as the players and their relationships are pretty obvious. You might wonder who a few secondary characters were initially.