You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The show went absolute batshit but Opie and Chubbs getting their revenge to someone covering Hey hey, my my is still some of the best TV I've ever seen. 

I was in bits. "this is what she felt" 

Sons of Chips & Curry? 

28 minutes ago, Grinch said:

ha, that long since I watched it now & won't be going back to it cause of how stupid it got.  Chibs.

SoA was and still is boss. You've just got to take it for what it is. The soundtrack does add a few marks out of 10. 

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I was thinking more of all the different series.

The general consensus of worst to best seems to be...

The 1970s animated series

Star trek enterprise 

Star trek voyage

Star trek discovery

Star trek

Star trek deep space nine

Star trek the next generation

I don't think I've watched much star trek.

This isn’t a general consensus, amigo. 

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Finished Das Boot, Series 2, last night. I enjoyed the first series but this one is a notable step up, particularly the last few episodes of the eight in the run.

8.5/10.

Ignore me. I thought the first series was awful and gave up half way through. Might test the water of the second.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I was thinking more of all the different series.

The general consensus of worst to best seems to be...

The 1970s animated series

Star trek enterprise 

Star trek voyage

Star trek discovery

Star trek

Star trek deep space nine

Star trek the next generation

I don't think I've watched much star trek.

Star Trek TOS is head and shoulders above everything else.

Also the animated series is good fun. I watched it recently on Netflix with my young son and we both enjoyed it

The Last Narc.

Amazon Prime 4-parter about the 1985 kidnap, torture and murder of DEA agent Kiki Camarena in Mexico, while investigating links between the then Guadalajara cartel, the Mexican government, the CIA and even the DEA itself. Rife with corruption, cover-ups, hypocrisy and sinister, shady goings on, as one would expect.

Chillingly nasty business, but decent programme, if a bit hammy in places. Some brave fuckers coming forward against the pure evil involved, even at this late stage.

8.5/10.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, M_B said:

The Outsider - 8.5\10 after 3 episodes.

Really very good so far. Its an American horror crime drama based on Stephen King's book and it's very well made.

Great show, that. I watched Defending Jacob after that which also had good production values, based on a novel by another author and had a similar feel.

On 31/07/2020 at 19:33, Captain Turdseye said:

Look at the list of returning FX shows in this article. Snowfall, Dave, Fargo, Atlanta, Always Sunny & more. 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mr-inbetween-season-three-renewal-announced-for-fx-tv-series/

Fuckin’ A mate. 

How do you get on with Atlanta? I enjoyed the 1st season and one or 2 episode were brilliantly funny and then I tried season 2 and couldn't get past episode 1, I watched about 3 times and turned it off each time and just never went back to it. 

35 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

How do you get on with Atlanta? I enjoyed the 1st season and one or 2 episode were brilliantly funny and then I tried season 2 and couldn't get past episode 1, I watched about 3 times and turned it off each time and just never went back to it. 

Been a while since I watched it but I think it’s boss. The best episodes are the ones where they do nothing to move along the overall storyline and deviate to something mad instead

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Last Narc.

Amazon Prime 4-parter about the 1985 kidnap, torture and murder of DEA agent Kiki Camarena in Mexico, while investigating links between the then Guadalajara cartel, the Mexican government, the CIA and even the DEA itself. Rife with corruption, cover-ups, hypocrisy and sinister, shady goings on, as one would expect.

Chillingly nasty business, but decent programme, if a bit hammy in places. Some brave fuckers coming forward against the pure evil involved, even at this late stage.

8.5/10.

Narcos Season 4 covered that story, so it'll be interesting to compare how much they got right.

10 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Last Narc.

8.5/10.

Just starting this now. Will report back and give my opinions in due course. Narcos Mexico did an excellent job in terms of entertainment on it.

22 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Last Narc.

8.5/10.

Gonna try and get this on kodi today. Just what I need. 

On 03/08/2020 at 16:40, Trumo said:

Umbrella Academy. I'm generally late to the party when it comes to watching TV shows, and I've only watched the first episode so far, but this has the makings of being hugely interesting and entertaining. Not easy to classify after one watch, but it has elements of Misfits, X-Men, Quantum Leap and The Royal Tenenbaums about it. So far Klaus is the star of the show, but we'll see how it develops.

I thought the first series was pretty good and looked forward to the new second series. Had to turn it off, like a lot of things they (in my opinion) exhausted the best ideas in the first series and this is just dire. 

(surprisingly other people might have a different opinion)

8 minutes ago, davelfc* said:

I thought the first series was pretty good and looked forward to the new second series. Had to turn it off, like a lot of things they (in my opinion) exhausted the best ideas in the first series and this is just dire. 

(surprisingly other people might have a different opinion)

Heh, I actually enjoyed the second series much more than the first.