You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Long Lost Family : foundling update special.

On NOW!

Best program on the telly (now that Bottom and Banshee are no longer with us, obvs)

Absolutely right this story about the family from Gravesend is unbelievable 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, sir roger said:

What did people think about Anthony ? Was going to watch it thinking it was going to be procedural , but I believe it is a fantasy type ' what might have happened in his life ' and not sure about the concept.

I just thought it was going to be about his life if he had stayed alive (which it is for the most part) but then I realised it was going backwards year by year from 24. It worked superbly. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I just thought it was going to be about his life if he had stayed alive (which it is for the most part) but then I realised it was going backwards year by year from 24. It worked superbly. 

I was a bit distracted at the beginning as I wanted to know more about the characters and the events as they were portrayed before it rolled back to the previous year but I was drawn in and from the scene in the nightclub was just agony to watch knowing what was to come. 

While I vividly remembered it happening somehow the brutality of his murder hadn’t registered. Sickening beyond belief

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Gangs of London finally dropped on Sky Germany so watched the first 3 episodes last night. It does enough to entertain, mainly due to the gratuitous violence but the script and acting are pretty poor. It seems that gangsters can do what they want as there's no police about, like set fire to shit at a major airport. It's not meant to be dystopian or fantasy so the script just ends up being a mess with violence thrown in to entertain. I'm guessing it doesn't get any better? 5/10 so far. 

50 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Gangs of London finally dropped on Sky Germany so watched the first 3 episodes last night. It does enough to entertain, mainly due to the gratuitous violence but the script and acting are pretty poor. It seems that gangsters can do what they want as there's no police about, like set fire to shit at a major airport. It's not meant to be dystopian or fantasy so the script just ends up being a mess with violence thrown in to entertain. I'm guessing it doesn't get any better? 5/10 so far. 

I think @Paul told me off for complaining that it wasn’t realistic at the time. He had a point to be fair but in the end the final episode was so shite that it put me to sleep and I haven’t bothered going back to it since. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think @Paul told me off for complaining that it wasn’t realistic at the time. He had a point to be fair but in the end the final episode was so shite that it put me to sleep and I haven’t bothered going back to it since. 

I'll probably watch it to the end myself, but it isn't great, or at least not as good as some will have you believe. 

21 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well done for getting past episode one. At least Guy Ritchie's cockney stuff is entertaining.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Watched The Gentlemen just last week. It’s equally as bad and again I was falling asleep towards the end. It’s possible I’m narcoleptic. 

I tried to watch that too and I didn't even get halfway through. The people in it just looked like absolute cunts.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gangs of London was shite. Top Boy pisses all over it. 

I agree with this. I'll still watch it to the end but most of the scenes are pure fantasy and not thought out well. London is covered with CCTV, yet it seems they can rock up with an assault team and just take out a load of people. Then you had that sniper using prefragmented rounds taking out peoples heads as if they were water melons, then that Ellis gets a round to his stomach and it lodges just beneath the surface causing little damage and he's fucking a bird just after it. 

36 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree with this. I'll still watch it to the end but most of the scenes are pure fantasy and not thought out well. London is covered with CCTV, yet it seems they can rock up with an assault team and just take out a load of people. Then you had that sniper using prefragmented rounds taking out peoples heads as if they were water melons, then that Ellis gets a round to his stomach and it lodges just beneath the surface causing little damage and he's fucking a bird just after it. 

Mate as soon as the fella walked in the pub and battered about 400 fellas I realised it was going to be one of them. Happy to watch it without being invested after that. I mean, who does he think he is? me? 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate as soon as the fella walked in the pub and battered about 400 fellas I realised it was going to be one of them. Happy to watch it without being invested after that. I mean, who does he think he is? me? 

Philly Burkhill.

• Upvote 1

Once Upon a Time in Iraq. 

A five part documentary on BBC 2/i-Player. 

Get it watched. The Iraq war and it's aftermath through the eyes of those directly involved, from soldiers, journalists, the CIA interrogater who dealt with Saddam, Iraqi nationals both Sunni and Shia, ISIS recruits. 

It was very good. But, also anger inducing too. We fucked their country up, big time. And the aftereffects will be felt for many more years. 

• Upvote 1

Going through The last dance documentary about Michael Jordan and the Bulls right now. Four episodes in last night along with the Mrs. Unfortunately her vacation is over so couldn't watch more. Otherwise I think we would have taken all ten episodes in one sitting.

Unbelievably good documentary so far. 10/10.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Once Upon a Time in Iraq. 

A five part documentary on BBC 2/i-Player. 

Get it watched. The Iraq war and it's aftermath through the eyes of those directly involved, from soldiers, journalists, the CIA interrogater who dealt with Saddam, Iraqi nationals both Sunni and Shia, ISIS recruits. 

It was very good. But, also anger inducing too. We fucked their country up, big time. And the aftereffects will be felt for many more years. 

Are all the episodes on iPlayer already?

On 29/07/2020 at 13:47, Johnlj said:

Going through The last dance documentary about Michael Jordan and the Bulls right now. Four episodes in last night along with the Mrs. Unfortunately her vacation is over so couldn't watch more. Otherwise I think we would have taken all ten episodes in one sitting.

Unbelievably good documentary so far. 10/10.

Is your missus into sport?  Being dying to watch this but don't have the time, if someone with no interest in sport could get into it I might start it tonight.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Is your missus into sport?  Being dying to watch this but don't have the time, if someone with no interest in sport could get into it I might start it tonight.

I'm not into basketball and the girlfriend isn't into sport but we both enjoyed it.