You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Perry Mason.

Watched three episodes so far and I’m still not sure. It’s good enough to press on, is beautifully made, certainly has potential but I’m a little underwhelmed at the moment.

I think it’ll be one of those series that starts slow but finds its feet and becomes something really good, or it’ll disappear without trace after one series. Could go either way.

6.5/10 - could and probably should do better.  

Watched Locke & Key over the course of last week.  It started slowly, built up to something quite promising & then threw it all away in the last episode. 

10 hours ago, Numero said:

So I’ve been watching more Twilight Zone. Most of it is shit, but I’ve just watched the episode called ‘Among the Untrodden’, which I thought was really excellent. 

I agree with your assessment. I havent got to that episode yet as I've been distracted by Space Wars on Netflix,which is ok and features another excellent performance from John Malkovich. Steve Carrell just recreates his US Office character in it.

Of Mic’s and Men. The story of the Wu Tang Clan. This was on Sky documentary channel. Really good. Charts the rise and fall of the influential hip hop collective 25 years after the release of their debut album. Even if you’re not into this kind of music it’s a really good watch. Four hour long episodes flew by.

• Upvote 3

On 06/07/2020 at 08:33, YorkshireRed said:

Perry Mason.

Watched three episodes so far and I’m still not sure. It’s good enough to press on, is beautifully made, certainly has potential but I’m a little underwhelmed at the moment.

I think it’ll be one of those series that starts slow but finds its feet and becomes something really good, or it’ll disappear without trace after one series. Could go either way.

I watched the 1st one and it was really slow. I kept thinking "belting cast" every time another good actor came on the screen. But it just dragged and dragged for me. I've not gone back for another episode yet. 

On 06/07/2020 at 09:05, VladimirIlyich said:

I agree with your assessment. I havent got to that episode yet as I've been distracted by Space Wars on Netflix,which is ok and features another excellent performance from John Malkovich. Steve Carrell just recreates his US Office character in it.

I thought space force was ok too. It certainly wasn't great, but is really watchable and races along. 

I've just watched the latest episode of Black Monday. I really enjoy this show. I don't think it's as funny as the people who make it think it is, but it's one of those shows where you're really gutted when an episode finishes. If it was a Netflix show, you'd probably binge it in no time. 

23 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I watched the 1st one and it was really slow. I kept thinking "belting cast" every time another good actor came on the screen. But it just dragged and dragged for me. I've not gone back for another episode yet.

I suspect you’ll still be thinking the same three episodes in. Haven’t watched the fourth yet but will probably get to it. It’s one of those that threatens to be good, has all it needs to be good but hasn’t quite got there. Not sure it ever will but I’ll give it another couple of episodes at least. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/07/2020 at 08:33, YorkshireRed said:

Perry Mason.

They've recreated Perry Mason? Seems like it will be shit.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

They've recreated Perry Mason? Seems like it will be shit.

It’s not quite as it seems. It focuses more on a younger Perry Mason, making a living more as a Private Investigator than in the Courtroom. 

Stars Mathew Rhys and features a very strong supporting cast, including John Lithgow, so it’s set up not to be shit. So far, it’s not shit but it’s not great either. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s not quite as it seems. It focuses more on a younger Perry Mason, making a living more as a Private Investigator than in the Courtroom. 

Stars Mathew Rhys and features a very strong supporting cast, including John Lithgow, so it’s set up not to be shit. So far, it’s not shit but it’s not great either. 

Only Raymond Burr is Perry Mason for me Clive.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Only Raymond Burr is Perry Mason for me Clive.

I was discussing this with the wife. I claimed that at least Mathew Rhys is good looking. She agreed he’s better looking than Raymond Burr but doesn’t think he’s a particularly good looking man. My taste in men clearly differs to hers as I had him down as handsome bugger. 

15 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I was discussing this with the wife. I claimed that at least Mathew Rhys is good looking. She agreed he’s better looking than Raymond Burr but doesn’t think he’s a particularly good looking man. My taste in men clearly differs to hers as I had him down as handsome bugger. 

He looks like Lindsay Buckingham used to look

d573785620e12bbe3088d6b847afd756--buckingham-nicks-lindsey-buckingham.jpg

matthew-rhys.jpg

• Upvote 1

On the last season of The Shield. 3 more episodes to go. Started it at the beginning of the pandemic. Think I might bust open the champagne. It’s been a massive commitment but the last few seasons have been fucking mad. Especially since Forest Whitaker turned up. It can rightly go up there alongside the great TV shows. I’ve really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

On the last season of The Shield. 3 more episodes to go. Started it at the beginning of the pandemic. Think I might bust open the champagne. It’s been a massive commitment but the last few seasons have been fucking mad. Especially since Forest Whitaker turned up. It can rightly go up there alongside the great TV shows. I’ve really enjoyed it.

It’s brilliant. 

The most addictive telly ever. 

• Upvote 3

I've been watching Friday Night Dinner in bits over the last week or so, starts off a bit so-so but once you get used to the characters it finds its feet and is proper funny at times. Jim the weirdo is hilarious.

18 hours ago, Elite said:

The Sinner season 1 - 8/10, very good. Is the 2nd season not worth watching?

Can you tell me what happened!? I watched it last year and figure it was when I was in hospital doped up on morphine and I can only barely remember what happened! I even watched a couple of minute recap and that didn't much help! I think I enjoyed it, but trying to decide if it's worth cracking on or maybe even going back and rewatching. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Can you tell me what happened!? I watched it last year and figure it was when I was in hospital doped up on morphine and I can only barely remember what happened! I even watched a couple of minute recap and that didn't much help! I think I enjoyed it, but trying to decide if it's worth cracking on or maybe even going back and rewatching. 

Dumbledore was a ghost all along. You could tell by the way he stopped walking with a strange inward facing foot. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Rewatch it mate.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I saw it and still can't remember. It was nothing great anyway.

• Upvote 1

Mrs. America.

Started this last night, it was recommended by my Mother.  

Portrait of an interesting time and certainly has a very strong cast. Interesting to note the similarities between some of the rhetoric of those resistant to the women’s movement, of the time, and that we hear from the ‘all lives matter’ brigade today.

Cate Blanchett would definitely not be out of place in the MILF thread which may be a tad out of sync with the point of the programme.

7.5/10 for the programme.

7.8/10 for Cate.