You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Black Monday was back this weekend after the mid-season covid break. I really enjoyed it and some much needed lighter TV for me. 8/10 for this week's episode. 

Not sure if this should be here or the film thread. I also watch the Irishman over the weekend. I honestly don't know what I thought of it. I thought the story was ok, but I felt there was a lot of story just not there h it was tough to understand why de niro was so close to Pacino or pesci, they just didn't tell that story. And all that titting around making them look different ages, I found it distracting and took away from what was happening. All in all I think it would have been better had they made a 10 episode series out of it as I'm the material must have been there. And I also think it would have worked better using actors roughly the right age for their roles instead of using some fella in his 70s cracking on in a role of someone 40 years younger or whatever. 6/10 for me.

38 minutes ago, grazywalker said:

Undercover on Netflix.

Dutch/ Belgium combo series based on semi true events about 2 undercover cops trying to infiltrate a close nit gang of ecstasy dealers based on a trailer park. Really good and looking forward to second series

7 Vera's out 10 disco biscuits 

This is going on my watch list. Could do with something decent to watch in Dutch. 

12 hours ago, grazywalker said:

Undercover on Netflix.

Dutch/ Belgium combo series based on semi true events about 2 undercover cops trying to infiltrate a close nit gang of ecstasy dealers based on a trailer park. Really good and looking forward to second series

Saw this a while back and liked it too.

14 hours ago, grazywalker said:

Undercover on Netflix.

Has it got The Duke off Layer Cake in it? 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where can one watch this? I used to enjoy the original series,and even the outer limits was ok.

I think it was on SyFy in the UK. I enjoyed it. As you would expect, some episodes were better than others. They've assembled a lot of good actors for season 2 which is released in the US shortly. 

• Upvote 1

On 26/09/2018 at 17:29, Numero said:

New Amsterdam - 7/10

Medical show. Sentimental, overly sweet, but at least had a bit of heart and a really nice looking chick. 

She’s just started watching this, she’s watched far fucking worse. It’s cheesy as hell but quite enjoyable in a have on in the background, easy distraction way. 

Freema Agyeman is fucking lovely. 

Marvellous.

Watched it again last night. I’m sure many will have seen it before but it’s still....marvellous.

9/10 (loses a mark for featuring someone who once played the unmentionable but chose a certain unmentionable club over another unmentionable club and because the chippy named after him was shit and probably served chicken, fried rice, kebabs, burgers and cod).

On 30/06/2020 at 19:47, The Gaul said:

I think it was on SyFy in the UK. I enjoyed it. As you would expect, some episodes were better than others. They've assembled a lot of good actors for season 2 which is released in the US shortly. 

Finding it a bit meh after 4 or 5 episodes. The episodes are way too long. Rod Serling's 25 to 30 minute episodes were spot on.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Finding it a bit meh after 4 or 5 episodes. The episodes are way too long. Rod Serling's 25 to 30 minute episodes were spot on.

I might be not remembering correctly, but aren't the lengths of episodes quite different, they're not all a standard 45mins or whatever? I don't recall the length of the shows being an issue for me though. 

3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I might be not remembering correctly, but aren't the lengths of episodes quite different, they're not all a standard 45mins or whatever? I don't recall the length of the shows being an issue for me though. 

You are correct. They are different lengths of episodes. They have just seemed quite long to me. 

I will give a full review at the end of the whole series.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Dark - Series 3

The ending made more sense than I was expecting, although I feel like it was a bit of a cop out. It’s quality but also a total mind fuck of a show. 

The ending of series 3 fucking infuriated me tbh, really enjoyed the whole thing but I thought nah, they're taking the fucking piss now.

I'm boycotting season 4 in protest.