You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I finished DAVE. It’s absolutely fucking excellent. Honestly, it knocked me for six. Some of the acting is just exceptional. GaTa’s scene on the sofa... that shit deserves an award. The entire show deserves to win an award. It’s stand out brilliant and if you haven’t watched it yet, you’re mental. It’s 9.2/10 for me. 

14 hours ago, Paul said:

I’m still really enjoying both Betty and I May Destroy You. Love the week by week thing and always did. It’s the best way to watch the best telly, for me. I love the anticipation of the next episode and also the way it ferments in your head for a week. 

Week by week? Is it an anthology or just episodic? 

17 hours ago, Paul said:

I’m still really enjoying both Betty and I May Destroy You. Love the week by week thing and always did. It’s the best way to watch the best telly, for me. I love the anticipation of the next episode and also the way it ferments in your head for a week. 

I’m not sure what to make of this. I’ve watched two episodes, possibly based on your recommendation, definitely someone on here.

I like the concept, the characters and the performances but I keep thinking I must be too old to understand these people. I want to enjoy the show but not sure...

On 24/06/2020 at 19:48, Section_31 said:

She's lovely in labyrinth is connelly.

I fancied the arse off her in that then I watched it again last year and she looks about 14. Totally killed my childhood crush, I grew old while she stayed the same. My memory of her in that was still of her being older than me.

Her riding that toy horse in career opportunities Jesus christ!

• Upvote 1

Sri Lanka's Killing Fields

Channel 4 2011 documentary

I generally avoid these shows now, but I thought I'd make an exception in this case.

Can't recommend it--it's horrific, and since those responsible are either dead or back in power in Sri Lanka, extremely disheartening.

Watched a documentary on Rudyard Kipling last night. I’d recorded it from Sky Arts so it’s probably on catch up somewhere.

Wont be everyone’s cup of tea but I found it a reasonable watch and it’s only an hour. Some of his views can best be described as ‘of the time’ but it was interesting to see how his difficult childhood and the deaths of two of his three children influenced his writing.

6.5/10.

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Watched a documentary on Rudyard Kipling last night. I’d recorded it from Sky Arts so it’s probably on catch up somewhere.

Wont be everyone’s cup of tea but I found it a reasonable watch and it’s only an hour. Some of his views can best be described as ‘of the time’ but it was interesting to see how his difficult childhood and the deaths of two of his three children influenced his writing.

6.5/10.

Big fan of his cakes.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Big fan of his cakes.

This will be no good for you then. Unless there’s a part two which focuses on his second career as maker of cakes, this is a glaring omission from the documentary. 

On reflection it’s probably 6/10, with the original extra half point deducted for a lack of French Fancies. 

Watching The Sopranos again. I was curious would it stand the test of time, since we now take for granted many things it pioneered, but it is such a master class in character development, narration, casting etc.

All these new shows that struggle with making you care what happens with their characters should try to learn from it how it is done. How you find a human trace (good or bad) in every character the viewer can in some way identify with and how you find a way to show it. Constantly. That's the secret of The Sopranos, this is why the show is so addictive and it's so hard to resist binging it.

• Upvote 1