You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

29 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I hope so. I can read pretty well still, but obviously get the occasional total lack of comprehension issue. 

I took an ex of mine to Cologne. We'd only been together about 4/5 months. Anyway we go to get a train from the airport into Cologne and she starts speaking fluent German to someone on the platform. I had no idea she could speak it. Very impressive when someone can speak another language. 

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Watched another couple of episodes of Gangs of London tonight. Episode five, the one in the countryside, has to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on TV in years. It’s got to the point where it’s so bad that it’s good. Incredible. 

Bad? That episode is one of the best extended action scenes on the small screen ever, in my opinion. In fact the whole series has multiple such scenes: the sniper scene, the cleaver scene, the pub fight. 

It’s not perfect in terms of the narrative and some of the performances but who watches action movies for that? It’s just a very long action movie in my view - and cracking one, in places. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Bad? That episode is one of the best extended action scenes on the small screen ever, in my opinion. In fact the whole series has multiple such scenes: the sniper scene, the cleaver scene, the pub fight. 

It’s not perfect in terms of the narrative and some of the performances but who watches action movies for that? It’s just a very long action movie in my view - and cracking one, in places. 

I’m not much of a movie buff but I can see how it could be compared to eighties/nineties action films. Straight off the bat there’s a Cockney bloke who would fucking ruin fifteen different Jackie Chan clones in a single scrap. 

We’re spoiled for TV these days, so maybe that’s why prefer it when characters in shows actually die instead of continuing to fight after taking 20 bullets to the chest. It loses any sense of suspense when it veers into that kind of ridiculousness. That countryside episode makes Sons of Anarchy seem realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Friends from College (Netflix). Easy watching which improves as it goes along. The comedy is Ok and the acting is good enough. A mediocre 6/10 from me. 

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not much of a movie buff but I can see how it could be compared to eighties/nineties action films. Straight off the bat there’s a Cockney bloke who would fucking ruin fifteen different Jackie Chan clones in a single scrap. 

We’re spoiled for TV these days, so maybe that’s why prefer it when characters in shows actually die instead of continuing to fight after taking 20 bullets to the chest. It loses any sense of suspense when it veers into that kind of ridiculousness. That countryside episode makes Sons of Anarchy seem realistic. 

It’s not supposed to be realistic though is it? It’s pure escapist entertainment. The whole point of it is that it’s completely over the top. 

On 12/06/2020 at 08:28, Pistonbroke said:

I just watched it in German without subtitles mate, probably the best thing to come out of German TV since 'Das Boot' IMO.

Speaking of which,Dad and me are three episodes into series 2 of Das Boot.Well worth watching if you like bearded Germans !

And yes,Babylon Berlin is brilliant.

Also,we just finished the present series of Cardinal,as cheerful as ever."It's minus 35 and getting colder" did make me laugh,as we moan when it gets to minus 2 !

8 hours ago, No2 said:

Watched 2 episodes of The Trial on Netflix. Its Italian, based surprisingly enough around a trial. Good so far, Italy and Italian women are just incredible without even trying. 

Have seen a few episodes but got a bit bored and found it a bit ridiculous at how poor a lawyer she is and thinks she can get away with her secret about the girl who was killed and the case not being thrown out or a mistrial at least. The women are pretty stunning though.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've asked this before but forgot the replies, is Halt And Catch Fire worth watching?

I've forgotten what the question is, I'll go and find the answer and then give it to you. Then you can ask the question again. 

Just finished Das Boot 2 , thought it was great and gripping. Only complaint is that there is a lot going on in each episode ,switching from the different stories. They could maybe have spread it out a bit over another episode or two. 

No matter how many times you see those U- Boat underwater scenes the dread never eases. They must have had nerves/balls of steel down there. Think I would've cracked soon as the hatch closed ! 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched that Peter Crouch 'Save our summer' last night. Knew it would be shite but Liam Gallagher was on it so I put it on. I'm glad I did because I've seen my future wife for the first time.

29578562-8418295-image-a-2_1592087776248

20 out of 10 

Wow. Those tits are making me dribble and not from my mouth.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched that Peter Crouch 'Save our summer' last night. Knew it would be shite but Liam Gallagher was on it so I put it on. I'm glad I did because I've seen my future wife for the first time.

29578562-8418295-image-a-2_1592087776248

20 out of 10 

She's the only worthwhile thing on there. It's astonishing how shit it it. And fucking Liam Gallagher. What a prick he is.