You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The latest Rick and Morty might have a couple of dodgy episodes but there’s also some amazing ones. The Vat of Acid Episode is brilliant. The finale Star Mort the Rickturn of the Jerri also very good. 

Definitely picked up again towards the end of the series. I’m four or five episodes into Solar Opposites now and I think you wrote it off too soon. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Definitely picked up again towards the end of the series. I’m four or five episodes into Solar Opposites now and I think you wrote it off too soon. 

I finished it, that did pick up. It was less shit later on. 

Just watched The Vat of Acid again. It’s actually amazing. 

Queen of the south on Netflix. I've watched 2 seasons in a week or so. It is pretty crap, but is strangely really watchable and addictive and I've no idea why! Perhaps it's because everything is just a non-stop crisis like some narco version of designated survivor, although I think it's better than DS even if the production quality and acting is of a much lower standard. Anyway, all in all I'm going to keep watching - 7/10, even though I think it should be about 4! 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Queen of the south on Netflix. I've watched 2 seasons in a week or so. It is pretty crap, but is strangely really watchable and addictive and I've no idea why! Perhaps it's because everything is just a non-stop crisis like some narco version of designated survivor, although I think it's better than DS even if the production quality and acting is of a much lower standard. Anyway, all in all I'm going to keep watching - 7/10, even though I think it should be about 4! 

Spot on. I watched it all a while ago and the new series the other week (They even try to rip off the wood scene from 'The Sopranos' and fail miserably.) Certain episodes are really good but in the big scheme of things it isn't anything special, not even guilty pleasure standards, yet I watched the lot of it. 

27 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I tried about one episode and that was enough for me to decide it was absolute shite.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I tried about one episode and that was enough for me to decide it was absolute shite.

I can completely see why people would do that! It is shite, but as I say just really watchable when it gets going. It doesn't enthral like something properly good like better call Saul or narcos or something. You kind of watch it, but can get on here and call Johnson a cunt at.rhe same time, then the episode finishes and you want to watch the next! 

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it was ok. Maybe my expectations were so low to begin with it couldnt be any worse? It was nice to see Cantona give Jimmy Bullard a role in it.

I couldn't stop thinking he was Steve McManaman. Fair play to Cantona, I had stopped thinking of him as a footballer after 10 minutes. The show itself had potential, hence I stuck with it. The last episode just felt like they squeezed 4 episodes into 1.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Came across Babylon Berlin when pootling about on Netflix.  Seems to get good ratings on the internets.  Is it worth a crack?  What say you @Pistonbroke?

It's really good crime series mate, although I'd advise you to watch it in German with English subtitles (Unless you understand German) as the dubbing is shite.  Music is good if you like old time Ragtime, also Klemzer which is Eastern European Jewish music they used at functions. Great storyline (although differs a lot from the books it is based on,) Cinematography is excellent and the acting is top notch. A definite 9.5/10 from me. Its not on German Netflix as Sky have it, so I was kind of forced to watch it in German and I'm glad I did. 

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Came across Babylon Berlin when pootling about on Netflix.  Seems to get good ratings on the internets.  Is it worth a crack?  What say you @Pistonbroke?

I watched it and loved it as it's very old style noir in tone and look and I've always liked that anyway.

There are a couple of bits that are a little bit over the top, but they really are only very tiny portions of it so nothing that detracts from it in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's really good crime series mate, although I'd advise you to watch it in German with English subtitles (Unless you understand German) as the dubbing is shite.  Music is good if you like old time Ragtime, also Klemzer which is Eastern European Jewish music they used at functions. Great storyline (although differs a lot from the books it is based on,) Cinematography is excellent and the acting is top notch. A definite 9.5/10 from me. Its not on German Netflix as Sky have it, so I was kind of forced to watch it in German and I'm glad I did. 

The downloaded version I had was in German, I have semi acceptable German and the sub titles are a bit off on a lot of it but nothing to the extent that it missed anything. Just the usual where a turn of phrase was either translated literally so not exactly what it would be or where a word has been used that isn't quite correct.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Nice one, will give it a whirl.

I always go subtitles, no worries there.

Guest Pistonbroke
16 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I watched it and loved it as it's very old style noir in tone and look and I've always liked that anyway.

There are a couple of bits that are a little bit over the top, but they really are only very tiny portions of it so nothing that detracts from it in my opinion.

The downloaded version I had was in German, I have semi acceptable German and the sub titles are a bit off on a lot of it but nothing to the extent that it missed anything. Just the usual where a turn of phrase was either translated literally so not exactly what it would be or where a word has been used that isn't quite correct.

I just watched it in German without subtitles mate, probably the best thing to come out of German TV since 'Das Boot' IMO. It also doesn't drop in quality as the series progresses. There's 7 books in total and series 1 and 2 basically covered the first one (Der Nasse Fisch), the third series starts covering the second novel in the series (Der Stumme Tod) so plenty of room to make many more series if they are covering more books. If you haven't read the books and you can read German then I'd recommend them. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

I just watched it in German without subtitles mate, probably the best thing to come out of German TV since 'Das Boot' IMO. It also doesn't drop in quality as the series progresses. There's 7 books in total and series 1 and 2 basically covered the first one (Der Nasse Fisch), the third series starts covering the second novel in the series (Der Stumme Tod) so plenty of room to make many more series if they are covering more books. If you haven't read the books and you can read German then I'd recommend them. 

After getting about halfway through the 1st series I started looking at the books and I will go through them at some point.

I'm still considering the options for maybe moving to Germany so intending to do a German course at the place I did my access course for Uni and I've also acquired the Rosetta Stone German set from the internet. 

Because I don't use it so much these days I'm a bit sketchy with it some times and it feels very unnatural now. We had some Germans on exchange at Uni and listening to them speak to each other was a bit of a jolt as I wasn't able to process it like I used to be able to.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

After getting about halfway through the 1st series I started looking at the books and I will go through them at some point.

I'm still considering the options for maybe moving to Germany so intending to do a German course at the place I did my access course for Uni and I've also acquired the Rosetta Stone German set from the internet. 

Because I don't use it so much these days I'm a bit sketchy with it some times and it feels very unnatural now. We had some Germans on exchange at Uni and listening to them speak to each other was a bit of a jolt as I wasn't able to process it like I used to be able to.

Once you get back into it you'll be fine mate. Do you get the German Audio choice on UK Netflix for a lot of stuff? 

I don't have Netflix, but anything foreign I always watch in it's original language. 

I've got quite a lot of motorsport books and videos in German as a lot of it was never released over here so never had an English language version, it's probably only those that actually kept me with any German at all. I think if it hadn't been for that I'd barely be able to remember anything now.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

I don't have Netflix, but anything foreign I always watch in it's original language. 

I've got quite a lot of motorsport books and videos in German as a lot of it was never released over here so never had an English language version, it's probably only those that actually kept me with any German at all. I think if it hadn't been for that I'd barely be able to remember anything now.

You could always use Internet radio and tune into German channels, might jog your memory and things will become easier to understand, especially if you pursue doing a German course. 

23 hours ago, No2 said:

I couldn't stop thinking he was Steve McManaman. Fair play to Cantona, I had stopped thinking of him as a footballer after 10 minutes. The show itself had potential, hence I stuck with it. The last episode just felt like they squeezed 4 episodes into 1.

Yeah,the end was definitely rushed,no doubt.

Peaky Blinders gets a 9/10 from me Clive.

Took me years to get round to it, but glad I did. Theme tune is class as are the sets and most of the characters, interesting from a historical perspective too with all the chicanery going on in post war Britain.

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

You could always use Internet radio and tune into German channels, might jog your memory and things will become easier to understand, especially if you pursue doing a German course. 

I hope so. I can read pretty well still, but obviously get the occasional total lack of comprehension issue.