You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We watched six episodes of Normal People last night. I don’t think it’s unfair to say that those first six could have been reduced to two or three if they’d have taken out just a fraction of the shagging. 

Kids were in bed. Had to have the remote nearby to constantly lower down the TV at a second’s notice. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We watched six episodes of Normal People last night. I don’t think it’s unfair to say that those first six could have been reduced to two or three if they’d have taken out just a fraction of the shagging. 

Kids were in bed. Had to have the remote nearby to constantly lower down the TV at a second’s notice. 

Yeah there's far too much shagging but it's still very good.

Also finally got round to watching 11.22.63. Finished it at the weekend. Decent enough show if you’re looking for a mini-series. Spoilt somewhat by my missus having read the book years ago and constantly “guessing” what was going to happen next. It would have been interesting to see what King and Abrams could have come up with for a second series. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Also finally got round to watching 11.22.63. Finished it at the weekend. Decent enough show if you’re looking for a mini-series. Spoilt somewhat by my missus having read the book years ago and constantly “guessing” what was going to happen next. It would have been interesting to see what King and Abrams could have come up with for a second series. 

It was an ok series I thought too. I find James Franco a bit 'samey' in most of the characters he plays though and thought a better lead may have made a better series overall. I think he produced it so had first dibs on the lead anyhow.

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Enjoyed that, but like most Stephen King tales, the ending was a bit of a disappointment.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Love. Netflix series.

Not something I had planned on watching until a few friends recommended it, and I have to say it is pretty good. It's not out and out comedy as it's about insecurity and awkwardness which arises from sex, drugs and alcohol addictions. Very well written and the characters seem believable and the acting is decent. The humour is also very good and the director has hit the right amount of nakedness/sex scenes without going over the top. Just finished series 1 of the three series on offer and 7.5/10 so far. 

28 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Love. Netflix series.

Not something I had planned on watching until a few friends recommended it, and I have to say it is pretty good. It's not out and out comedy as it's about insecurity and awkwardness which arises from sex, drugs and alcohol addictions. Very well written and the characters seem believable and the acting is decent. The humour is also very good and the director has hit the right amount of nakedness/sex scenes without going over the top. Just finished series 1 of the three series on offer and 7.5/10 so far. 

I've mentioned it on here a few times. Series 1 and 2 are great. Series 3 is a massive let-down as both the main characters (particularly Gus) have become famous by then away from the camera and it shows, you don't get the same level of geek/semi-junkie. Mickey is lovely and I'd put up with her daily train-wreck life just to sleep with her every-night. 

On 09/06/2020 at 08:37, VladimirIlyich said:

Billions has settled down into a decent last couple of episodes in the current series. And anybody who didn't get a giant boner in one of the closing scenes involving Chuck,Julianne Margolis and a 'friend' is a bigger bummer than Stig and his crewmates on the HMS Anal Anytime.

I still think it's a bit crap. I was only thinking while that episode was on, it's morphed into one of the shite BBC wannabe HBO type shows where they hire a few names but the budget is blown on the stars and they get some 12 year old to do the script. 

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

36 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I still think it's a bit crap. I was only thinking while that episode was on, it's morphed into one of the shite BBC wannabe HBO type shows where they hire a few names but the budget is blown on the stars and they get some 12 year old to do the script. 

Fair enough. The jumping around between,he's my friend and now he's my enemy and back again has become quite tedious overall. Also,the main characters are all very unlikeable cunts which can be appealing,ie more realistic? Or just make you think 'Why do I even watch this show?'

14 minutes ago, bigthrusts said:

First two episodes of I May Destroy You were good. Very dark. Boss soundtrack aswell.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it. It’s apparently semi-autobiographical too, which is interesting because the post-“event” behaviour of the main character was different to pretty much any other portrayal I’ve seen of similar incidents. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I've mentioned it on here a few times. Series 1 and 2 are great. Series 3 is a massive let-down as both the main characters (particularly Gus) have become famous by then away from the camera and it shows, you don't get the same level of geek/semi-junkie. Mickey is lovely and I'd put up with her daily train-wreck life just to sleep with her every-night. 

Yeah, her Character is great, especially the vulnerability towards her addictions. The crazy Aussie bird can do one. Can't believe Gus wimped out on bumming the two sisters in the threesome. I'll persevere with it until the end as I like the direction it is going in so far and it's easy watching, great soundtrack to boot.  

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, her Character is great, especially the vulnerability towards her addictions. The crazy Aussie bird can do one. Can't believe Gus wimped out on bumming the two sisters in the threesome. I'll persevere with it until the end as I like the direction it is going in so far and it's easy watching, great soundtrack to boot.  

The aussie gets a bit more tolerable as it goes on to be fair. 

Yes Gus the utter fanny. Wait till you meet the actress who wants a bit of him 

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fair enough. The jumping around between,he's my friend and now he's my enemy and back again has become quite tedious overall. Also,the main characters are all very unlikeable cunts which can be appealing,ie more realistic? Or just make you think 'Why do I even watch this show?'

Spoilers ahead ..  

I don't quite get the point of the show now if you see what I mean? I can't see the story they're trying to tell and I don't care about the tales they are telling. It feels to me they've run out of real stories, so they're just running lots of little ones hoping nobody notices nothing is happening. This axe story with the artist, it's tedious as is Wendy's relationship with him too. Then Wendy works for axe, but she's been allowed to just do this stuff with Taylor without axe bring involved?  And the random new nemesis, yawn.  And the shite with wax wanting to be a dad again, then that's just dropped. Then this "I want a bank". Just buy one then and stop these boring meetings. And Rhodes is a bad guy but trying to be a good guy, but in case you forget he tells us twice an episode. And he gets connerty's brother to rob that ring? Just fuck off. And he goes to see connerty in prison to get punched, but so what? And the stuff with his dad, it's like they're contracted to give his dad a certain number of lines per episode! It's that bad, the best story has been the Mensa nonsense! 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The aussie gets a bit more tolerable as it goes on to be fair. 

Yes Gus the utter fanny. Wait till you meet the actress who wants a bit of him 

That Canadian actress Charterer was hot, pity she had sex with him dressed as she had fabulous norks. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

That Canadian actress Charterer was hot, pity she had sex with him dressed as she had fabulous norks. 

Oh is that the first series? Thought she was series 2. Yeah high maintenance and the scene where she goes over singing with his mates is pure cringe. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I caught all 4 episodes of the Murder in the Outback thing Channel 4 have got on. Its all on 4 On Demand. Dodgy as fuck the whole thing. Good watch though. 8/10. 

Have watched 3 of the 4 and it us an odd story , but have found the documentary to be all over the place and doesn't seem to have a view on what it us suggesting. Seemed to spend the first 2 episodes suggesting ths girl was lying / involved and then suddenly started putting alternative suspects forward. That lawyer who did jail time is annoying as well.

25 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Have watched 3 of the 4 and it us an odd story , but have found the documentary to be all over the place and doesn't seem to have a view on what it us suggesting. Seemed to spend the first 2 episodes suggesting ths girl was lying / involved and then suddenly started putting alternative suspects forward. That lawyer who did jail time is annoying as well.

Yeah he is a bit of a tit. The last one kind of does make you think "Oooh ok he must have done it" but then still leaves you with questions. That Bradley Murdock is one scary looking fucker though. Joanna Lees definitely acted very fucking weird and suspicious. Its very good. 

24 minutes ago, Elite said:

There's a few unlikable cunts in Normal People but her brother is a monumental cunt, needs a good hiding.

He gets a very subtle but nevertheless  satisfying comeuppance.