You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just now, Mudface said:

Must be a pisser spending £87 million on a house, then having to cough up another £65 million on snagging.

Once it was finished they reckoned it was worth £250 million. Just goes to show, when you've got money its not difficult to make more

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Watched a programme last night about the bloke who sold Phones4u for £1.5 billion and was spending £65 million doing up a £87 million mansion in Mayfair. I quite enjoyed it 6/10

One of my mates is a QS for the company doing that.  She’s working on a house for the founder of ASOS. 

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Did anyone watch Normal People on BBC. My mum raves about it but her TV choices are usually shite.

Get. It. Watched 

Daisy Edgar-Jones is it it and Daisy Edgar-Jones is perfect. 

gettyimages-1200167388.jpg?w968h681

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Elite said:

Did anyone watch Normal People on BBC. My mum raves about it but her TV choices are usually shite.

It’s fantastic. One of the best things I’ve watched in years. 

• Upvote 1

Inside Monaco: Playground of the Rich and Famous.

Reviewing this without watching it.

0/10.

I know people often enjoy peeking in at the lives of the rich and famous but, during these troubled times with many facing real economic hardship, there’s something that feels a little wrong about a programme celebrating this kind of wealth.

The BBC have a drama based on the Windrush scandal on at basically the same time. I know the modern world makes it possible to still see both programmes, but it’s probably still going to lose viewers to something it really shouldn’t.

On 06/06/2020 at 12:14, Elite said:

Hats off to whoever recommended Dave on BBC iPlayer, first two episodes are okay but from that point onwards it's hilarious.

If I didn't know he was practicing law in Montreal now, I'd swear Dave was one of my room-mates at university.

Same looks, same voice, same mannerisms, same sense of humour. He even loved rap.

Uncanny.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have a "fuck me silly 3", though.

I hadn't noticed that Carol Baskin in has been given the Tiger King Zoo as part of a settlement for the Trademark infringement case.

Also the will she submitted as part of her husband's disappearance has been described as "100% a forgery" by the Sheriff leading his disappearance. How long has it taken them to work that out?

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Billions has settled down into a decent last couple of episodes in the current series. And anybody who didn't get a giant boner in one of the closing scenes involving Chuck,Julianne Margolis and a 'friend' is a bigger bummer than Stig and his crewmates on the HMS Anal Anytime.

Fuck off Skripal

Finished The Eddy, tried so much to like it but best I can give it is 5/10.

Last 2 or 3 episodes were the real test of endurance and without my friend FF I don't think I would have made it. Unlike with the Romanoffs, I'd say bad reviews seem entirely justified.

It is sort of interesting first couple of episodes but then it just goes nowhere in circles, same scenes, same problems, same implausible crime plot, all with badly written dialogue and ever longer and increasingly boring music sequences of some quite unremarkable jazz. When they finish playing one of their many, many songs I just wanted to go off like Uma Thurman in Henry & June when June finally comes to Paris to visit Henry Miller and reads what he has been writing while she was supporting him from New York, "This!?! This is what I have been working all these years for? I expected Dostoevsky!!! Not this?!?"

I did like the episode about the bass player, and first two directed by Chazelle didn't entirely disappoint (even the music seems better early on). But the rest... this? This is the jazz you are going through all that trouble to play?

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Finished The Eddy, tried so much to like it but best I can give it is 5/10.

Last 2 or 3 episodes were the real test of endurance and without my friend FF I don't think I would have made it. Unlike with the Romanoffs, I'd say bad reviews seem entirely justified.

It is sort of interesting first couple of episodes but then it just goes nowhere in circles, same scenes, same problems, same implausible crime plot, all with badly written dialogue and ever longer and increasingly boring music sequences of some quite unremarkable jazz. When they finish playing one of their many, many songs I just wanted to go off like Uma Thurman in Henry & June when June finally comes to Paris to visit Henry Miller and reads what he has been writing while she was supporting him from New York, "This!?! This is what I have been working all these years for? I expected Dostoevsky!!! Not this?!?"

I did like the episode about the bass player, and first two directed by Chazelle didn't entirely disappoint (even the music seems better early on). But the rest... this? This is the jazz you are going through all that trouble to play?

*Strokes chin.*

*Stares into the middle distance.*

*Lights a metaphorical gitane.*

You just don’t understand it.  

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

*Strokes chin.*

*Stares into the middle distance.*

*Lights a metaphorical gitane.*

You just don’t understand it.  

Oui. Maybe I should have watched it in my beret and a striped shirt.

• Upvote 1

Better Call Saul - Season 5.

9/10. Just exceptional tv work.

Having previously watched all the other seasons as they appear weekly on Netflix I took the decision to wait until all episodes of season five were available which was much better that watching a great episode and then having a week to wait for the next.

This is on par with Breaking Bad for me and in some ways better. The Bagman episode in the desert is definitely one of the best combined of both shows, just superb.

As has been said before something is brewing up to a conclusion in season 6 of Jimmy and Kim's relationship and it's horrible to watch as I think she's a great character and has really ramped it up this season.l, the episode in which she stood up to her boss at the legal firm who questioned her integrity whilst working the case in which Jimmy was on  the other side of the table was another awesome episode.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Better Call Saul - Season 5.

9/10. Just exceptional tv work.

Having previously watched all the other seasons as they appear weekly on Netflix I took the decision to wait until all episodes of season five were available which was much better that watching a great episode and then having a week to wait for the next.

This is on par with Breaking Bad for me and in some ways better. The Bagman episode in the desert is definitely one of the best combined of both shows, just superb.

As has been said before something is brewing up to a conclusion in season 6 of Jimmy and Kim's relationship and it's horrible to watch as I think she's a great character and has really ramped it up this season.l, the episode in which she stood up to her boss at the legal firm who questioned her integrity whilst working the case in which Jimmy was on  the other side of the table was another awesome episode.

I’m claiming credit for being the first on here to compare the Bagman episode to peak BB. Top drawer TV. 

I couldn't get into it. I tried it pretty much right after Breaking Bad. Went back to it as well but couldn't keep it up. 

I'm struggling with Bosch as well. People said it gets better as it goes on but series 3 is worse than the first two so far. Gonna persevere with this but its a struggle. 

I caught all 4 episodes of the Murder in the Outback thing Channel 4 have got on. Its all on 4 On Demand. Dodgy as fuck the whole thing. Good watch though. 8/10.