You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

A few more for those, like me, who are bit behind the times. Been catching up with a few sitcoms of late on Netflix:

1. How I Met Your Mother (7.5/10).

Enjoyed it, some touching episodes. Not ‘laugh out loud’ but funny enough. Both female leads are hot, as are the assortment of girlfriends Ted doesn’t marry and those Barney has liaisons with. Needed to end after nine seasons but I’ll miss it when I finally finish it as it’s a good, easy watch.

2. New Girl (6.5/10).

I’ve watched three seasons, it’s ok. Again it’s helped by the hotness of the main and supporting female leads. The Schmidt character grew on me but I struggle to care less about the other two male leads. Same goes for the will they, won’t they romance between Jess (main female lead) and one of her flat mates.

I’m sure I’ll watch the remaining seasons but only because I’m committed, not because I’m particularly enjoying It.

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (8.5/10).

The best of the three. Great cast and some genuinely funny lines. I’ve watched two seasons so far and it’s one of those I don’t want to watch too many episodes, too quickly as I want to make it last.

If there is anybody out there that hasn’t seen any of the three I’ve reviewed then, for what it’s worth, I recommend this one the most. 

Nine nine is brilliant. I think it's my 2nd favourite current comedy after sunny. 

I've just started space force on Netflix today. I wasn't fussed after the pilot, but I'm 3 in now and quite enjoying it. Decent cast too. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Nine nine is brilliant. I think it's my 2nd favourite current comedy after sunny. 

I've just started space force on Netflix today. I wasn't fussed after the pilot, but I'm 3 in now and quite enjoying it. Decent cast too. 

I’ll check it out. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Never seen any of them. You make them sound like a load of shite.

Brooklyn Nine Nine has some very funny moments but has the American traits of some cringeworthiness and juvenile stuff which isnt always funny. Andre Braugher as the straight laced,gay,captain of the squad is very good though.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I echo the Nine-Nine shouts. Some really good stuff in there. Charles is brilliant. 

In this order:

Captain Holt

Scully and Hitchcock

Charles

Terry

Jake

Rosa

Amy

Gina

• Upvote 1

Brooklyn Nine Nine is fucking genius. It also does that thing I love on the best US sitcoms where the characters actually become more concentrated versions of themselves the longer it goes on. It’s funny as fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s very good. I probably shouldn’t have reviewed alongside the other two as it’s in a different league.

I note that one of its creators is also behind ‘The Good Place’ which I also enjoyed but gave up on before it ended. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s very good. I probably shouldn’t have reviewed alongside the other two as it’s in a different league.

I note that one of its creators is also behind ‘The Good Place’ which I also enjoyed but gave up on before it ended. 

And Parks and Rec and The Office US. 

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Ah, didn’t realise that. Loved Parks and Recreation. I may be in a very small minority but I’ve never seen The Office US. 

Ive seen the US Office but only because my son started watching it regularly. Its something I wouldnt normally have watched but I found it better than the few episodes of the UK one.

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Ah, didn’t realise that. Loved Parks and Recreation. I may be in a very small minority but I’ve never seen The Office US. 

It’s a slog, honestly. I don’t feel like it has aged that well. I rewatched it with my lad during this lockdown, some quality moments but mainly a drag. I’ll not watch it again. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s a slog, honestly. I don’t feel like it has aged that well. I rewatched it with my lad during this lockdown, some quality moments but mainly a drag. I’ll not watch it again. 

I stopped watching Parks and Rec after about 4 seasons. It was very good at first but just became very repetitive,much like Community. I only saw The Office US once so I'd probably never watch it again anyhow.

Finished watching The Last Ship. 8/10. Overall class and a great idea for a show.

About the last us navy ship at sea when a pandemic hits. They have to find a cure and then over the next few seasons deal with the fallout, famine and changing world politics. 

It starts off very bish bash Bosh (michael bay is a producer) but stick with it, it's a smart show with a lot of great action and some really good characters.

Finally got my Real Debrid linked up to my Fen app on Kodi. Been watching Game of Thrones for the first time after watching Sopranos and rewatching The Wire and got a stream for Season 6 episode 3 of GoT, 1080p through Fen. Absolutely stunning picture and with wired connection just felt like watching it on Bluray.

Game of Thrones is enthralling television. Can't believe it has taken this long to get on it.