You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 22/05/2020 at 16:19, Captain Turdseye said:

Watched the first episode of Snowfall last night. Very promising. 

On 22/05/2020 at 16:24, Elite said:

It's brilliant.

Watched another three episodes last night. I’m hooked. 

This was already on my list after previous recommendations on here but now I’ve got around to it, I’m very surprised that this was shown in Britain by the BBC. It’s just not the kind of thing you’d expect them to buy up. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loving Barstool Sports Pizza Reviews on YouTube atm, a series of short vids where Davey The Prez Portnoy goes round sampling hundreds of pizza slices in an attempt to discover the best pizza in America.

Lots of special guests, frequently funny.

Watched a few of them, definitely chewing gum for the brain.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This was already on my list after previous recommendations on here but now I’ve got around to it, I’m very surprised that this was shown in Britain by the BBC. It’s just not the kind of thing you’d expect them to buy up. 

The BBC thing was one of the reasons I never bothered with it for ages. I watched all 3 seasons in about 2 weeks, it's ace. You couldn't have created a more stereotypical hood enforcer than his uncle but he pulls it off brilliantly, my favourite character.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It was about 1130 on Sunday night's, that would suggest it was cheap enough. I loved it.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is this the show that fired a black writer for saying that word in the writers' room?

A programme called ‘Dave’ started on BBC2 earlier in the background while I wasn’t paying attention, and suddenly I’m on the penultimate episode on iplayer.

its fucking ace.

everyone should watch it.

35 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

A programme called ‘Dave’ started on BBC2 earlier in the background while I wasn’t paying attention, and suddenly I’m on the penultimate episode on iplayer.

its fucking ace.

I mentioned Dave a couple of weeks ago on here. There was fuck all else on so gave it a go and glad I did. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

its fucking ace.

That last episode was one of the best things I can remember watching. Fucking brilliant.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Fuck you , 5/10 my arse

Awful acting, predictable plot, a script written by a 15 year old and a director time warped from the 80's. It's just not good. I honestly struggled to give it a 5. Maybe it gets better in later series.

On 24/05/2020 at 08:14, YorkshireRed said:

Code 404. Garbage/10.

Opinions, eh.

I really like it. It's got plenty of genuinely funny moments and Stephen Graham and Daniel Mays make an eminently watchable double-act. It's one of the better things on at the moment. 

On 24/05/2020 at 09:32, Mook said:

I was like that when he watches old videos of his wife on the laptop too. Almost unwatchable.

It's just so contrived. If you want to use flashbacks, use flashbacks. The seemingly endless cache of videos makes him seem creepy and obsessive; his missus probably faked her death to get away from him.

There's a lot of shark-jumping in the second series. The psychotherapist, the drama group, the yoga instructor, the postman in the bath - it's all bollocks and it detracts from the good stuff in the show.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Opinions, eh.

I really like it. It's got plenty of genuinely funny moments and Stephen Graham and Daniel Mays make an eminently watchable double-act. It's one of the better things on at the moment. 

To be fair, I only watched one episode. Both the leads are obviously talented actors and the supporting cast is strong. Watched it with the wife and she thought it was ok so we’ll probably give another couple of episodes a go. For me, it’ll need to improve a lot though.