You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Pistonbroke
51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its an odd one this. First 7/8 episodes get you engrossed then all of a sudden it goes utter shit then picks back up again a bit by which point all you do is fantasise about the hot sister (Meg) and don't pay attention to much else. 

p-bloodline-linda.jpg

Cheers, Stig. Think I'll bin it then, even Meg can't save it, but she is rather nice. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Finished the last 2 episodes of Normal People last night. I was disappointed in the end. maybe I missed the point, I don't know but it was really good until the last 4 episodes. Then it just got dark. The episode with Connell being depressed was acted brilliantly to be fair and you really connect with the character. I thought he was fantastic throughout. 

We had built ourselves up to a really sad/dramatic ending. When it did end we just went "Oh..ok" 

Definitely worth a watch and the girl who plays Marrianne isn't just stupidly beautiful but will probably go on to be the next big actress from these shores. 

7.9/10 

For me, it was about the way first (and especially teenage) love can be absolutely overwhelming/all-encompassing; the idea that “love” is bigger than everything and must come first, second, third and last. However, most people also mature to the point where they feel, not that love is unimportant, but that life brings other things too and that these must be weighed against each other.

I also felt that there was a recognition from each character that their love was destructive in a way and that, amazing as it was, they needed to break away. The fact that they were able to reassure each other that the split was what they each wanted, as well as their mutual declarations of the importance of the relationship, meant that it didn’t end as a classic tragedy. 

In that sense, that’s what made it so brilliant for me: real life isn’t like drama. Yes, emotions are intense and situations provoke strong feelings, but ultimately we all make pragmatic decisions and still live with the consequences. 

As I’m sure is obvious from what I’ve written there, so much of it resonated with me at that age. At 49 I found it great to have something evoke those feelings again and yet still feel completely happy with the direction life has taken since. In my experience it’s a very rare piece of television that prompts such a reaction. 

In that sense I suppose you could say that one’s ultimate response to it depends upon  personal experience. However, from what I’ve read, it’s so well done that it has had universal appeal. Either way, I loved it. 

Just finished the last series of Schitt's Creek. Just lovely, feelgood stuff.

The Mandalorian - 3 good episodes out of 8 is not a great return for such a heralded show. Glad I got to watch it in my free week on Disney +

Workin' Moms - decent comedy/drama on Netflix created by Catherine (daughter of Ivan) Reitman

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just finished the last series of Schitt's Creek. Just lovely, feelgood stuff.

Saw a few of these the other day. I love the fella off American Pie and this did have some laugh out loud moments. Easy to watch etc. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Saw a few of these the other day. I love the fella off American Pie and this did have some laugh out loud moments. Easy to watch etc. 

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Yes it gets better. It's a slow burner but the last episode of the first series is very powerful and tragic. Keep going it's worth it. 

I think I lasted about 20 mins! 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just binged watched series 1 of Orphan Black on Netflix and it was decent enough. Unique idea with a decent main plot and decent acting, especially from the lead actress Tatiana Maslany who plays about 9 different roles. She's also quite fit, not decided which character of hers I fancy most. Based on series 1 it's a 7.5/10 so far, hopefully series 2 and on are just as good. 

Finished The Last Dance and it’s easily the best documentary I’ve seen. 10/10. 

Also finished See and really enjoyed it. There’s a really clever depiction of a post-apocalyptic world in this that includes a fully realised culture based on hearing rather than sight. The direction is really clever in the way the characters are often framed in a two shot in close up to emphasise how they have a very different sense of personal space. It looks great too, mostly filmed on location and has some great action sequences. It’s been green lit for a second series and is set up nicely for it. Overall 8/10. 

I too finished The Last Dance last night. Just superb. Easily the best sports documentary I've seen. Some of the footage both behind the scenes and during games is superb. Jurgen reminds me of Phil Jackson. Not just because they look very similar but because of the relationship with the players. they all genuinely love and respect him. Even Jordan. 

One thing you say about the greats is how they dig deep and come out o top. Its not just about being miles ahead of everyone all the time. You have to put up with challenges and thats what Jordan did. If he was having a bad game you can guarantee the last quarter he would win the game. If he came up against a really tough opponent who got under his skin you can guarantee Jordan comes out on top. Arguably the greatest Sportsman ever even though he was very arrogant (You need a bit of that to be the best IMO). 

Scottie Pippen is the spit of Bin Laden. 

Fantastic. 9.8 slam dunks out of 10. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Finished The Last Dance and it’s easily the best documentary I’ve seen. 10/10. 

Also finished See and really enjoyed it. There’s a really clever depiction of a post-apocalyptic world in this that includes a fully realised culture based on hearing rather than sight. The direction is really clever in the way the characters are often framed in a two shot in close up to emphasise how they have a very different sense of personal space. It looks great too, mostly filmed on location and has some great action sequences. It’s been green lit for a second series and is set up nicely for it. Overall 8/10. 

I’m surprised at you giving See 8/10. It was alright but not great, imo. It’s hard to get over (or see past) how humanity, and the American landscape in particular, could have changed so dramatically in that length of time just because everyone went blind. Hopefully wherever they head with it next expands on the world a bit further. The Queen was just a ridiculous character. 

9 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just binged watched series 1 of Orphan Black on Netflix and it was decent enough. Unique idea with a decent main plot and decent acting, especially from the lead actress Tatiana Maslany who plays about 9 different roles. She's also quite fit, not decided which character of hers I fancy most. Based on series 1 it's a 7.5/10 so far, hopefully series 2 and on are just as good. 

I binged that with the GF a couple of years back. Its cheesy but entertaining enough and the main actress is hot as fuck! Amazing. Pity she didn't have a clone who was a stripper. Would have been nice.

13 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Just watched episode 4 of The Mandalorian. Christ that was an absolute shit show. I've enjoyed the first three but fuck me that was abysmal. It does have a habit of veering into sub-par Star Trek. 

Wait until episode 5. It's the most derivative piece of television I've ever watched.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

I binged that with the GF a couple of years back. Its cheesy but entertaining enough and the main actress is hot as fuck! Amazing. Pity she didn't have a clone who was a stripper. Would have been nice.

Yeah, it can be a bit cheesy in parts but nothing too OTT. You can tell it's a Canadian production and aired on BBC America due to the lack of nakedness, if it was a US production we'd have seen a lot more flesh. That Inga Cadranel who plays the female detective would also get a gig. Half way through series 2 and still enjoying this. 

On 15/05/2020 at 10:39, Butch said:

Really enjoyed this, lots of twists and turns and some real quality acting. 

On 18/05/2020 at 17:42, Captain Turdseye said:

Watched four episodes of the first series last night. He’s pretty good at playing shifty bastards, old Ted. 

Had to go back and rep you for this, Butch. Just watched the final two episodes of the first series. It wasn’t difficult to predict how it was going to end but it was still brilliantly done. 

9 minutes ago, redheart said:

F is for Family...finished all 3 series and the next series arrives in June. Superb 9/10

Workin Moms...all 4 series. Splendid 8/10

The Let Down..both series 8.5/10

Mrs. America the first 8 episodes 9.5/10

Are these all comedies? I like F is for Family and found it an easy watch but what about the others?